Error encountered in: C:\HostingSpaces\weblevel\forums.barrelhorseworld.com\wwwroot\forum\templates\original\fragments\template-begin.asp
Microsoft VBScript compilation error - Expected statement
1st NBHA State Show!
turninnburnin123
Reg. Apr 2014
Posted 2014-06-23 10:16 PM
Subject: 1st NBHA State Show!

boon

It is my first year in NBHA and I qualified to go to state. What should I do to prepare? What do I need to bring? Any tips? I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!!!!!
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
runs4fun
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2014-06-24 7:03 AM
Subject: RE: 1st NBHA State Show!

The only thing you have to do to go to your state show is participate in 3 shows in your district in the last year.  It's World that you have to actually accumulate points and be in the top 5 in a division to attend. Everybody is basically qualified to go State if they've been going to any barrel races. 

Edited by runs4fun 2014-06-24 7:04 AM
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
QH<3er
Reg. Oct 2011
Posted 2015-01-13 11:43 AM

Elite Veteran

Just make sure you bring everything you would normally bring. If you are staying at the arena make sure you have enough food for your horse, I like to bring some water from home. Make sure all your tack, bring extras just in case. Your clothes, hats, boots...money!!! Always give yourself extra time in preparing your horse, getting ready, warming up. If you are not ready to run when they call, there goes your entry money. No refunds and no run.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
RnRJack
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2015-05-13 10:51 AM

Expert

For Florida State Qualifiers:

Portable AC unit (YouTube has DIY one)
Giant Turbo Fan for your horse and yourself
Portable generator for fans
Plenty of gas for your generator for your fans
Several coolers full of ICE and water (I prefer YETI)
Several back up coolers (they will melt despite the 24 hour labels)
A few pairs of jeans to change into because you will sweat so much
A few pairs of jeans to change Into because we will get a 20 minute monsoon
A few pairs of jeans to fit into because it will get so muggy after the 20 minute monsoons you will need to change again
A few shirts, bras and underwear as well (see last 3 reasons)
A couple pairs of boots because they may get soaked
Extra socks, your feet will sweat so much they become prunes
An awning for your trailer or an Easy Up with lots of rope to tie it down because the 20 minute mini hurricane can blow it down
Plenty of gas in your vehicle (you will be sitting inside with the AC on before you need to get on your horse)
Sneakers - if you're like me and and walk up and down those stairs you don't even have to go to the gym that week
Ice packs (you will find somewhere to put them on you and your horse)
Mini defogger if you're like me and you wear prescription glasses, when you walk into the arena from outside they automatically fog up.
Oh, and don't forget a change of clothes!!!!!!!

Florida state NBHA 2015 preparation guide lol

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Runaway
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2015-05-13 11:35 AM

Sorry I don't have any advice

RnRJack - 2015-05-13 11:51 AM For Florida State Qualifiers: Portable AC unit (YouTube has DIY one) Giant Turbo Fan for your horse and yourself Portable generator for fans Plenty of gas for your generator for your fans Several coolers full of ICE and water (I prefer YETI) Several back up coolers (they will melt despite the 24 hour labels) A few pairs of jeans to change into because you will sweat so much A few pairs of jeans to change Into because we will get a 20 minute monsoon A few pairs of jeans to fit into because it will get so muggy after the 20 minute monsoons you will need to change again A few shirts, bras and underwear as well (see last 3 reasons) A couple pairs of boots because they may get soaked Extra socks, your feet will sweat so much they become prunes An awning for your trailer or an Easy Up with lots of rope to tie it down because the 20 minute mini hurricane can blow it down Plenty of gas in your vehicle (you will be sitting inside with the AC on before you need to get on your horse) Sneakers - if you're like me and and walk up and down those stairs you don't even have to go to the gym that week Ice packs (you will find somewhere to put them on you and your horse) Mini defogger if you're like me and you wear prescription glasses, when you walk into the arena from outside they automatically fog up. Oh, and don't forget a change of clothes!!!!!!! Florida state NBHA 2015 preparation guide lol

If your state show is in Florida - see above, plus:  If you get temporary stalls (tents) they WILL flood, so take about 25 bags of shavings, LOL.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
hoofs_in_motion
Reg. Apr 2011
Posted 2015-05-14 9:00 AM

Undercover Amish Mafia Member

↑ Top ↓ Bottom