Error encountered in: C:\HostingSpaces\weblevel\forums.barrelhorseworld.com\wwwroot\forum\templates\original\fragments\template-begin.asp
Microsoft VBScript compilation error - Expected statement
NFR2EQUINE
BRLRCR1
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2018-11-20 5:15 PM
Subject: NFR2EQUINE

Expert

Anyone heard of this, used?  "The little Yellow Pill" ~ LifeVantage
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Serenity06
Reg. Feb 2011
Posted 2018-11-20 5:43 PM
Subject: RE: NFR2EQUINE

Elite Veteran

It saved my mares life. I was ready to euthanize her last winter because she could barely get around the pasture and was just depressed all the time. It didn’t magically make her sound but she was happy and RUNNING again! Unfortunately it was too late for my gelding and with all his issues I highly doubt it would have done much. I just put my ulcer prone yearling on it.

It has also given me my life back! I have fibromyalgia and was at a very bad place pain and fatigue wise. I do best when I take the NRF2, NEF1, and the Axio drink mix. I became a huge believer and became a distributor but I don’t push it on anyone. I just post about it and if they want to know more we talk.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2018-11-20 6:12 PM

A Somebody to Everybody

Serenity06 - 2018-11-20 5:43 PM It saved my mares life. I was ready to euthanize her last winter because she could barely get around the pasture and was just depressed all the time. It didn’t magically make her sound but she was happy and RUNNING again! Unfortunately it was too late for my gelding and with all his issues I highly doubt it would have done much. I just put my ulcer prone yearling on it. It has also given me my life back! I have fibromyalgia and was at a very bad place pain and fatigue wise. I do best when I take the NRF2, NEF1, and the Axio drink mix. I became a huge believer and became a distributor but I don’t push it on anyone. I just post about it and if they want to know more we talk.

What symptoms was your mare having that made you think you were going to have to put her down? What did the NFR2 do for her? 
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Serenity06
Reg. Feb 2011
Posted 2018-11-20 6:54 PM

Elite Veteran

Southtxponygirl - 2018-11-20 5:12 PM

Serenity06 - 2018-11-20 5:43 PM It saved my mares life. I was ready to euthanize her last winter because she could barely get around the pasture and was just depressed all the time. It didn’t magically make her sound but she was happy and RUNNING again! Unfortunately it was too late for my gelding and with all his issues I highly doubt it would have done much. I just put my ulcer prone yearling on it. It has also given me my life back! I have fibromyalgia and was at a very bad place pain and fatigue wise. I do best when I take the NRF2, NEF1, and the Axio drink mix. I became a huge believer and became a distributor but I don’t push it on anyone. I just post about it and if they want to know more we talk.

What symptoms was your mare having that made you think you were going to have to put her down? What did the NFR2 do for her? 

I’ve been battling lameness issues with her for years. She was finally so bad that she could barely move around. Expensive injections lasted for 3 months but financially that wasn’t possible every 3 months. She started just standing in a corner with her head hanging low, wouldn’t move unless she had to, and when she did it looked like every step hurt. At one point she tried to do a hind quarter turn and about feel down. Less than a week on NRF2 she was running and active again, after a month I started lightly riding her, then I slowly built it up till it seemed like she had very very few “bad” days. So I redid the injections and 2 weeks later she was back to running barrels. She still has bad days but now they are just her looking sore but still running around and being active. She has never gone back to how bad she was. I pray we continue on this good path! I’m very glad I tried that last ditch effort!

NRF2 activates a natural pathway in the body to battle oxidative stress that causes inflammation and damage. It helps your body produce antioxidants in a way consuming them never can.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2018-11-20 8:22 PM

A Somebody to Everybody

Serenity06 - 2018-11-20 6:54 PM
I’ve been battling lameness issues with her for years. She was finally so bad that she could barely move around. Expensive injections lasted for 3 months but financially that wasn’t possible every 3 months. She started just standing in a corner with her head hanging low, wouldn’t move unless she had to, and when she did it looked like every step hurt. At one point she tried to do a hind quarter turn and about feel down. Less than a week on NRF2 she was running and active again, after a month I started lightly riding her, then I slowly built it up till it seemed like she had very very few “bad” days. So I redid the injections and 2 weeks later she was back to running barrels. She still has bad days but now they are just her looking sore but still running around and being active. She has never gone back to how bad she was. I pray we continue on this good path! I’m very glad I tried that last ditch effort! NRF2 activates a natural pathway in the body to battle oxidative stress that causes inflammation and damage. It helps your body produce antioxidants in a way consuming them never can.

Thank you..  
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
boogie
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2018-11-20 9:57 PM

Veteran

I have three on it right now an myself an my husband, One horse broke his Pastern a year ago an had surgery to repair it, he was not getting any better so I put him on it he's not 100% but he's at least 85% better an continues to improve weekly, the second horse had synovitis in a fetlock had three very expensive injections done with no success within two weeks all heat was gone an he was moving sound.  The third horse has autoimmune problems an he acts an feels so much better it probably took three weeks n him.

I really don't have any issues but my husbands does an he says his shoulder an knees feel better.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
mandita8907
Reg. Nov 2010
Posted 2018-11-21 7:27 AM

Elite Veteran

Can someone post a link where we can go learn more about this?
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
1DSoon
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2018-11-21 7:51 AM

mandita8907 - 2018-11-21 8:27 AM Can someone post a link where we can go learn more about this?

just google magic and it's the first thing that pops up

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Serenity06
Reg. Feb 2011
Posted 2018-11-21 9:52 AM

Elite Veteran

1DSoon - 2018-11-21 6:51 AM

mandita8907 - 2018-11-21 8:27 AM Can someone post a link where we can go learn more about this?

just google magic and it's the first thing that pops up

Which is funny because there are 23 peer reviewed studies on this specific brand but I guess that doesn’t matter.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
horseshorseshorses
Reg. Dec 2012
Posted 2018-11-21 12:00 PM

Veteran

What are the ingredients?
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Meep.Meep
Reg. Jun 2017
Posted 2018-11-21 12:06 PM

Veteran

I’ve been battling lameness issues with her for years. She was finally so bad that she could barely move around. Expensive injections lasted for 3 months but financially that wasn’t possible every 3 months. She started just standing in a corner with her head hanging low, wouldn’t move unless she had to, and when she did it looked like every step hurt. At one point she tried to do a hind quarter turn and about feel down. Less than a week on NRF2 she was running and active again, after a month I started lightly riding her, then I slowly built it up till it seemed like she had very very few “bad” days. So I redid the injections and 2 weeks later she was back to running barrels. She still has bad days but now they are just her looking sore but still running around and being active. She has never gone back to how bad she was. I pray we continue on this good path! I’m very glad I tried that last ditch effort!

NRF2 activates a natural pathway in the body to battle oxidative stress that causes inflammation and damage. It helps your body produce antioxidants in a way consuming them never can.

Is this the mother of the horse that you had to have put down? Do you know what's causing her lameness? It almost sounds like he could have inherited her problems?
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
run n rate
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2018-11-21 12:18 PM

Balance Beam and more...

I started taking the product @ 2 years ago for myself. I had stressed fractured 3 vertebrae 9 or 10 years ago at a clinic. My back had gotten to the point I had to give up running and working out as the pain in my lower back and hips was mind numbing. I had gotten to the point that if I could manage to ride 3 of my horses in a day the next day I was so sore I was pretty well couch bound, my left leg would go numb in left hand circles. In a run I was usually worried about staying on rather than how I was riding.
A former gymnast I had had many years ago talked me into trying it like I said about 2 years ago. It was a miracle drug over night success. First thing I noticed was I had more energy at the end of a long day, not nervous sick to my stomach energy drink type energy. Just had some more get up and lets do this, didn't have to guilt myself into getting a quick ride in on my horses at the end of a work day. Then a month or so in Dave was no longer having to help me sit up in bed first thing in the morning. A year in I was back to being able to ride all 3 horses and be able to move the next day and even get all 3 ridden both days on the weekend. Last February, about a year and half of the Nrf2 I was able to go back to the gym again for the first time in 4 years or so and was even able to start some light running again as well as go home and get a horse or 2 ridden depending on the amount of sunlight I had. This summer I loaded and unloaded a ton of hay by myself and then still got all the horses ridden and was able to ride again the next day. I'm 53, I no longer live on Ibuprofen and Aleve and I can actually enjoy my horses again. And yes, recently I started my horses on the product also so we will see how they do on it. I can only speak of my results personally in regards to my back as of yet.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
KKCOWGIRL
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2018-11-21 12:30 PM

SHOOT IT

Wish I had the same results that most of you have had.  I tried it for myselft and it didn't do anything for me.  I also tried it on my old mare, and it didn't seem to do anything for her either.  I guess it's another one of those supplements that works for some but doesn't work for others.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
GLP
Reg. Oct 2013
Posted 2018-11-21 12:47 PM

I just read the headlines

KKCOWGIRL - 2018-11-21 12:30 PM

Wish I had the same results that most of you have had.  I tried it for myselft and it didn't do anything for me.  I also tried it on my old mare, and it didn't seem to do anything for her either.  I guess it's another one of those supplements that works for some but doesn't work for others.

Yep. All supplements are that way, and most medicines, too. Sometimes it is so hard to find what works for a particular horse/person. And sometimes it’s more finding the right combo of supplements and/or meds.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Serenity06
Reg. Feb 2011
Posted 2018-11-21 12:48 PM

Elite Veteran

Meep.Meep - 2018-11-21 11:06 AM

Is this the mother of the horse that you had to have put down? Do you know what's causing her lameness? It almost sounds like he could have inherited her problems?

Yes it is. She has front feet problems that are carrier induced and hock/stifle issues that are normal wear and tear that vets thinks are amplified by the horrible condition I bought her in as a 2yr old. All her issue are joint/bone related so no he did not inherit his muscle diesease issues from her. She was negative for the only inheritable disease.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
WetSaddleBlankets
Reg. Nov 2010
Posted 2018-11-21 2:00 PM

Gettin Jiggy Wit It

how much is this a month per horse and which distributor do you buy it from? Which product is the one you are using? I see there is quite a few.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
cutnrunqhmt
Reg. Oct 2010
Posted 2018-11-21 2:30 PM

Expert

KKCOWGIRL - 2018-11-21 12:30 PM

Just curious how long did you stay on it? My husband uses it it helps him I have not tried it yet
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
run n rate
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2018-11-21 3:22 PM

Balance Beam and more...

WetSaddleBlankets - 2018-11-22 12:00 PM

how much is this a month per horse and which distributor do you buy it from? Which product is the one you are using? I see there is quite a few.

Nrf2
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Chandler's Mom
Reg. Jan 2015
Posted 2018-11-21 5:15 PM

My Heart Be Happy

run n rate - 2018-11-21 12:18 PM

I started taking the product @ 2 years ago for myself. I had stressed fractured 3 vertebrae 9 or 10 years ago at a clinic. My back had gotten to the point I had to give up running and working out as the pain in my lower back and hips was mind numbing. I had gotten to the point that if I could manage to ride 3 of my horses in a day the next day I was so sore I was pretty well couch bound, my left leg would go numb in left hand circles. In a run I was usually worried about staying on rather than how I was riding.
A former gymnast I had had many years ago talked me into trying it like I said about 2 years ago. It was a miracle drug over night success. First thing I noticed was I had more energy at the end of a long day, not nervous sick to my stomach energy drink type energy. Just had some more get up and lets do this, didn't have to guilt myself into getting a quick ride in on my horses at the end of a work day. Then a month or so in Dave was no longer having to help me sit up in bed first thing in the morning. A year in I was back to being able to ride all 3 horses and be able to move the next day and even get all 3 ridden both days on the weekend. Last February, about a year and half of the Nrf2 I was able to go back to the gym again for the first time in 4 years or so and was even able to start some light running again as well as go home and get a horse or 2 ridden depending on the amount of sunlight I had. This summer I loaded and unloaded a ton of hay by myself and then still got all the horses ridden and was able to ride again the next day. I'm 53, I no longer live on Ibuprofen and Aleve and I can actually enjoy my horses again. And yes, recently I started my horses on the product also so we will see how they do on it. I can only speak of my results personally in regards to my back as of yet.

Mercy this sounds like something I would like Sean to try for his back. . . . Definitely gonna look into this more. So glad it's made a difference for you RNR as well as some of the others

Edited by Chandler's Mom 2018-11-21 5:17 PM
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
run n rate
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2018-11-22 7:24 PM

Balance Beam and more...

Chandler's Mom - 2018-11-22 3:15 PM

Mercy this sounds like something I would like Sean to try for his back. . . . Definitely gonna look into this more. So glad it's made a difference for you RNR as well as some of the others

About a month or more after I first started it I lost my debit card and had to cancel my card which negated my auto ship of NRF2. It was kind of a pain in the butt to get signed up so i thought “it didn’t make that much of a difference really, I’m just going to forget it”. A week later Dave was having to sit me up in bed again. Funny how quickly when you feel better that you forget how bad things were “before”. The longer I’ve been on the product the more results I’ve gotten. On top on the added bit of energy and my back feeling much better, I haven’t had the migraine issues like before either.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Chandler's Mom
Reg. Jan 2015
Posted 2018-11-22 8:52 PM

My Heart Be Happy

run n rate - 2018-11-22 7:24 PM

Chandler's Mom - 2018-11-22 3:15 PM

About a month or more after I first started it I lost my debit card and had to cancel my card which negated my auto ship of NRF2. It was kind of a pain in the butt to get signed up so i thought “it didn’t make that much of a difference really, I’m just going to forget it”. A week later Dave was having to sit me up in bed again. Funny how quickly when you feel better that you forget how bad things were “before”. The longer I’ve been on the product the more results I’ve gotten. On top on the added bit of energy and my back feeling much better, I haven’t had the migraine issues like before either.

I do believe I'm gonna get him to try this. Between you and Steph and some of the others, I'm convinced it's worth it.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
getacheck
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2018-11-23 12:01 AM

Elite Veteran

I see a lot of dealers/distributors posting results. I would like to see information from actual people using the product on their horses and nothing personal, but horses that have actually been to a vet with documentation of their lameness and persons competing. Very vague on what it is supposed to actually do, except make a lame navicular horse sound and able to run again.
Please post factual information, a lot of people in the industry could benefit.

Edited by getacheck 2018-11-23 12:21 AM
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
ropenrun
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2018-11-25 11:15 AM

getacheck - 2018-11-22 11:01 PM

I see a lot of dealers/distributors posting results. I would like to see information from actual people using the product on their horses and nothing personal, but horses that have actually been to a vet with documentation of their lameness and persons competing. Very vague on what it is supposed to actually do, except make a lame navicular horse sound and able to run again.
Please post factual information, a lot of people in the industry could benefit.

I would say a good portion of the dealers used the product and saw great results or they would not be selling it. I don't sell this product nor have I used it to date, but for products I personally sell, I wouldn't be selling them if I didn't believe they work. And just like many products both human and horse, herbal or pharma, what works for one does not always work for the next. Everyone needs to see for themselves. It is not an overly expensive item to take a gamble on. If it works, then you scored big time.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
CYA Ranch
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2018-11-25 11:23 AM

Military family

More bootie than waist!

How much Protandum are you feeding daily?  My co-worker is a distributor and she's been trying to get me to try it for the past 3 years.  I need feedback from other horse owners before I spend the money.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
1DSoon
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2018-11-26 7:01 AM

ropenrun - 2018-11-25 12:15 PM
getacheck - 2018-11-22 11:01 PM I see a lot of dealers/distributors posting results. I would like to see information from actual people using the product on their horses and nothing personal, but horses that have actually been to a vet with documentation of their lameness and persons competing. Very vague on what it is supposed to actually do, except make a lame navicular horse sound and able to run again. Please post factual information, a lot of people in the industry could benefit.
I would say a good portion of the dealers used the product and saw great results or they would not be selling it. I don't sell this product nor have I used it to date, but for products I personally sell, I wouldn't be selling them if I didn't believe they work. And just like many products both human and horse, herbal or pharma, what works for one does not always work for the next. Everyone needs to see for themselves. It is not an overly expensive item to take a gamble on. If it works, then you scored big time.

You just gave a text book anecdotal description of Thrive and a 100 MLM schemes 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
ropenrun
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2018-11-26 9:36 PM

1DSoon - 2018-11-26 6:01 AM
ropenrun - 2018-11-25 12:15 PM
getacheck - 2018-11-22 11:01 PM I see a lot of dealers/distributors posting results. I would like to see information from actual people using the product on their horses and nothing personal, but horses that have actually been to a vet with documentation of their lameness and persons competing. Very vague on what it is supposed to actually do, except make a lame navicular horse sound and able to run again. Please post factual information, a lot of people in the industry could benefit.
You just gave a text book anecdotal description of Thrive and a 100 MLM schemes 

And I've never been involved in any MLM product sales in my life so not all books read the same.  I've never used this product either.  But I'm about too give it a try because so far no vets have been able to provide an answer or relief.   $40 to try this is much less expensive  than yet another $75 vet office visit with no solution.  It's worth the gamble for me.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
ropenrun
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2018-11-26 9:39 PM

CYA Ranch - 2018-11-25 10:23 AM How much Protandum are you feeding daily?  My co-worker is a distributor and she's been trying to get me to try it for the past 3 years.  I need feedback from other horse owners before I spend the money.

CYA I was told 1 pill a day but you can do a loading dose of  1 in the AM and 1 in the PM for 10 days to jumpstart it. 
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
CYA Ranch
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2018-11-27 10:19 AM

Military family

More bootie than waist!

ropenrun - 2018-11-26 9:39 PM
CYA Ranch - 2018-11-25 10:23 AM How much Protandum are you feeding daily?  My co-worker is a distributor and she's been trying to get me to try it for the past 3 years.  I need feedback from other horse owners before I spend the money.

CYA I was told 1 pill a day but you can do a loading dose of  1 in the AM and 1 in the PM for 10 days to jumpstart it. 

So basically the same as human dose?

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Lovin Life
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2018-11-27 1:45 PM

Vodka for Lunch

I'm not trying to be a hater, but some of the "miracle" videos I could get the same result from a dose of bute. I haven't had one person selling that could actually explain why/how it works with scientific backup. Especially with the MLM involved it just seems too good to be true that one pill can cure everything that ails you and your horse.

Edited by Lovin Life 2018-11-27 1:47 PM
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
2H~QH
Reg. Jul 2014
Posted 2018-11-27 2:03 PM

Veteran

I tried the human version....NRF2 synergizer/protandim/"LYP" for the recommended 3 months and saw no changes in my aches pains energy level etc. At 72$ CDN per month for me, I could not justify continuing to purchase it nor could I justify the price for trying it on a horse.
There are some peer-reviewed articles out there yes, but the one I actually read could not determine if there was an actual statistically significant relationship between administering of the product to male mice and a decrease in mitochondrial oxidative damage. 
At the end of the day it's still a MLM selling scheme and that drives the price to the consumer up, most of the sellers will post links to the pubmed articles but you cannot actually access the article (you can only read the abstract).

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Lovin Life
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2018-11-27 2:06 PM

Vodka for Lunch

I read an article that compared it to snake oil. lol
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
SwiftSmokinLady
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2018-11-27 2:22 PM

Elite Veteran

If you look at the ingredients list I have seen, along with some other herbs, the main ingredient is turmeric.
You can get it cheaper and feed alone, and get basically the same results I think.

...this coming from someone who was very close to buying, but spent lots of time researching.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
GLP
Reg. Oct 2013
Posted 2018-11-27 2:30 PM

I just read the headlines

Lovin Life - 2018-11-27 1:45 PM

I'm not trying to be a hater, but some of the "miracle" videos I could get the same result from a dose of bute. I haven't had one person selling that could actually explain why/how it works with scientific backup. Especially with the MLM involved it just seems too good to be true that one pill can cure everything that ails you and your horse.

That’s true, but with bute you are looking at ulcers developing quickly, so if you get the same results, why not use something that doesn’t have ulcers as a common side effect? I did use Protandem for several months on my horse when he scratched his eye on a mesquite thorn. Vet said he would likely lose the eye because of the massive infection. This happened over night which is common with mesquite thorns- nasty business they are. Anyway, the vet said it was imperative that he develop new capillaries in his eye to help with the healing. I gave Protandem and the vet was freaking out about how many developed, and felt that was a major reason he not only kept his eye, but has some vision in it too. The vet also said we needed to try to keep the lavage in for hopefully 6 weeks but longer if we could. A lot of horses itch it out, but Jim kept it for 12 weeks again a major contribution to his healing. I believe the Protandem helped with his attitude, I never gave him ace or anything else to keep him calm for 12 weeks of complete stall time. Anyway that is my experience.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
lindseylou2290
Reg. Aug 2013
Posted 2018-11-27 2:35 PM

Expert

NRF2 is an actual cellular pathway that scientists have been exploring for potential therapeutic uses. - wiki link that explains this easily for the layman - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFE2L2

HOWEVER - here's the kicker, that pathway is vital to some cell functions and not always a smart move to suppress, depending on what you are trying to treat.
link to peer reviewed article citing a really good overview of this pathway fits into disease - https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0925443916302861

Also worthy of note, oxidative stress is a normal cell function. But an OVER abundance of it can cause more damage in an already compromised situation.
link to a good peer review article on this topic and how the NRF2 pathway is involved - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4680839/

Lastly - there is one FDA approved drug on the market TECFIDERA (dimethyl fumarate) to treat Multiple Sclerosis by exploiting this pathway; it can reduce relapse episodes. HOWEVER - this drug has some pretty major side effects, including anaphalaxis and liver damage.

Oltipraz is another NRF2 pathway drug that showed some early signs of inhibiting cancer in certain organs - however, it never went past rodent trials as it created super radicals which can become toxic. - link to peer reviewed article about some of the early cancer research done with it (1993) - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8412206

Personally, I wouldn't touch the NRF2 drugs that are out there as there is no scientific consensus between the current research available. I wouldn't take "the jesus shot" and I certainly wouldn't be using these products off label. I like my liver and I don't have MS.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
cindyt
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2019-01-09 11:48 AM

Ms Bling Bling Sleeze Kitty

ropenrun - 2018-11-25 11:15 AM

Im with getacheck...  I mean I understand people becoming a dealer of something that worked for them, but I see very few if at all any that actually promote it without selling it... Anyone?

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
zansbeunogal_2268
Reg. Dec 2009
Posted 2019-01-09 11:59 AM

Extreme Veteran

this may be a dumb question, but does it compare to curost total equine???

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
SKM
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2019-01-09 1:42 PM

Saint Stacey

CYA Ranch - 2018-11-25 10:23 AM

How much Protandum are you feeding daily?  My co-worker is a distributor and she's been trying to get me to try it for the past 3 years.  I need feedback from other horse owners before I spend the money.

I was told loading dose of 2 pills for 30 days, then 1 pill daily after that. I was also told to give is with fat as it’s fat soluble so it’s easier to absorb if given with some kind of fat.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Liana D
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2019-01-09 2:44 PM

Defense Attorney for The Horse

I do my best to post only positive things but I’ve got to say I think it’s the biggest bunch of BS I’ve seen in a long time. At one time they claimed to be the “fountain of youth pill”, until they were sued.

I can keep an apple from turning brown by pouring 7up on it. Does 7up reduce. “Oxidative stress “ ?
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
1DSoon
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2019-01-09 2:50 PM

zansbeunogal_2268 - 2019-01-09 12:59 PM this may be a dumb question, but does it compare to curost total equine???

yes they are exactly the same in the respect that neither of them work. 

Biggest diff is the Cur-ost insn't a MLM scheme like NFR stuff

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
KKCOWGIRL
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2019-01-09 2:51 PM

SHOOT IT

I don't know if the product is good or bad, all I can go by is my personal experience.  I tried it for myself AND I gave it to one of my horses for about 3 months.  No changes were seen with my horse and I certainly didn't feel any better.  My husband took it to his doctor and the doctor looked at the label and rolled his eyes and asked what we paid for it.  And for those reasons, I quit taking it. 
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
LIVE2RUN
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2019-01-09 3:31 PM

The best bad guy on the internet

I just bought it for my horse. I will let you know if I see any differences....
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
07milch
Reg. Mar 2012
Posted 2019-01-09 3:40 PM

Elite Veteran

cindyt - 2019-01-09 9:48 AM

ropenrun - 2018-11-25 11:15 AM

Im with getacheck...  I mean I understand people becoming a dealer of something that worked for them, but I see very few if at all any that actually promote it without selling it... Anyone?

I've been waiting a while before I piped up about NRF2. I am not a dealer and don't want to be. I researched the supplement for FOUR months before trying it, even when friends where jumping on board.

I'm giving it to one horse and am taking it myself. I have bad endometriosis and cysts (I've had surgery, they're bad cases). After I take NRF2 the constant ache from the endometriosis significantly dims; after about 12 hrs it comes back. I am only one month in but I can tell it is trying to work so I am bumping up to NRF2 and NRF1. On the one horse I am feeding it to, I give 1 pill in the morning and 1 at night. He's been on it for a month. He has to have his hocks and stifles done twice a year. I just had him vet checked and he is still "off" in those areas (which is fine, I wasn't expecting a miraculous improvement) BUT I have noticed a significant improvement under saddle! He is stopping on his hind end like never before and using himself better in general. I don't know exactly what the NRF2 is impacting but it is making a difference somewhere. I made no feed or supplement changes other than adding NRF2. He has always received top of the line supplements and feed. He was raised and trained by an multiple NFR qualifier; he is extremely broke and has been trained to use himself correctly, so the difference felt in him is NOT from continued "training" etc. I will continue to give him two pills a day for now. The cost to do so is much less than many other supplements I have fed and I've never had improvement from those like I have the NRF2.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
07milch
Reg. Mar 2012
Posted 2019-01-09 3:42 PM

Elite Veteran

zansbeunogal_2268 - 2019-01-09 9:59 AM

this may be a dumb question, but does it compare to curost total equine???

I just replied to another person, see above. I have fed Cur-OST total to the above mentioned horse for months and months without noticing improvement like I have with NRF2. I stopped the Cur-ost about a year ago.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
cutnrunqhmt
Reg. Oct 2010
Posted 2019-01-09 10:08 PM

Expert

I have not started a horse on it yet but will be in the next couple months. My husband has been on it for a little over a year. He has 5 herniated disk and did not want to stay on painkillers. This helps him stay in good shape. He still of course has a bad back and has bad days but it has made his day to day much better. I just started it 4 days ago and was not planning on seeing any changes for at least 2 weeks and knew it would be longer before it really started to work. I am very surprised all already. I do notice I am less stiff, my hands feel better, my shoulder that I tore the bicep tendon in and has been killing me is less painful. I also got kicked and stepped on last year and the leg that got stepped on still have hoof prints in it and I have not really had feeling in it but noticed today I more sensation there than I have in 8 months. I am hoping it is real and not just me wanting it to work. So far I am a believer
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
cindyt
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2019-01-10 7:20 AM

SwiftSmokinLady - 2018-11-27 2:22 PM If you look at the ingredients list I have seen, along with some other herbs, the main ingredient is turmeric. You can get it cheaper and feed alone, and get basically the same results I think. ...this coming from someone who was very close to buying, but spent lots of time researching.

Where are you getting your tumeric?

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
SwiftSmokinLady
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2019-01-11 9:20 AM

Elite Veteran

I began using this..
Smart & Simple™ Turmeric Pellets (formerly Turmeric Pellets by SmartPak)
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Wild1
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2019-01-11 8:31 PM

Elite Veteran

So I'm just reading thru some comments, this is basically Tumeric in a pill form? I read someplace it's a good ulcer prevent as well as prolonging joing injections?
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Liana D
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2019-01-11 8:52 PM

Defense Attorney for The Horse

Wild1 - 2019-01-11 8:31 PM

So I'm just reading thru some comments, this is basically Tumeric in a pill form? I read someplace it's a good ulcer prevent as well as prolonging joing injections?

Here are the ingredients:

Milk Thistle Extract 225mg
Bacopa Extract. 150 mg
Ashwagandha Extract 150mg
Green tea Extract 75mg
Turmeric Extract 75mg
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
merdth6
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2019-01-15 12:35 PM

Expert

Have any vets done research studies on this?  I have been trying to do some research and not much is available.  Basically it's tumeric in a pill?  
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
WiscoRacer
Reg. Jul 2015
Posted 2019-01-15 5:18 PM

Extreme Veteran

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/i-was-wrong-about-protandim/?fbclid...

It is science backed. Just very shoddy, inaccurate science.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/protandim-update-new-studies-and-an...

They actually got a warning from the FDA to stop making claims about what the pill "can do" without having the research to back it up.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
tllawrence64
Reg. Dec 2012
Posted 2019-01-15 7:58 PM

I have been on it since April. It has been a game changer for me. The arthritis in my low back had gotten to the point that being competitive running barrels was not gonna happen. I was on 4 ibuprofen and 2 tylenol every 6 hours and some days banamine! After 6 months I only take Tylenol if I know I am going to be straining my back with things like digging post holes or stacking hay, etc. then I only need to take two.. otherwise i hardly use the stuff any more. If I run out I know it within about 2 days! I do not let myself run out any more.

It really helped my horses... especially with their focus . they are now so calm going up to make a run and they are ready to work. It has been really nice!
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
cindyt
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2019-01-16 9:02 AM

merdth6 - 2019-01-15 12:35 PM Have any vets done research studies on this?  I have been trying to do some research and not much is available.  Basically it's tumeric in a pill?  

I asked my vet over the weekend and he said there is not study that would tell him it would do anything. 
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
merdth6
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2019-01-16 9:09 AM

Expert

cindyt - 2019-01-16 9:02 AM
merdth6 - 2019-01-15 12:35 PM Have any vets done research studies on this?  I have been trying to do some research and not much is available.  Basically it's tumeric in a pill?  
I asked my vet over the weekend and he said there is not study that would tell him it would do anything. 

Thank you! I also read the articles above that were in the post. 
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
cindyt
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2019-01-16 10:04 AM

merdth6 - 2019-01-16 9:09 AM

He's really into research stuff... and I honestly considered trying it... But I still have yet to find any that don't sell it that promote it.   
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
okhorselover
Reg. Feb 2016
Posted 2019-01-16 10:18 AM

Extreme Veteran

cindyt - 2019-01-16 10:04 AM

He's really into research stuff... and I honestly considered trying it... But I still have yet to find any that don't sell it that promote it.   

I tried it for me & it didn't do a darn thing for me
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
cindyt
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2019-01-16 12:45 PM

okhorselover - 2019-01-16 10:18 AM
cindyt - 2019-01-16 10:04 AM
I tried it for me & it didn't do a darn thing for me

I can admit I tried tumeric and noticed no difference either... just not this stuff... 
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Ticktock
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2019-01-16 3:07 PM

Extreme Veteran

This is not about horse product but the people kind"Protandim". So last year a friend of ours said hey I want you to meet my friend and just "listen" to him for an hour. I am a skeptic but went anyway well, free dinner why not. It was all about Protandim and Oxydative stress. I straight up said this is an MLM and he said well yes but you can make a lot of money. He said its the best thing ever, gave me all kinds of "testimonials" I said whats the main ingredients he said Tumeric(I already take it) Ashwaganda(was taking it at the time) and , green tea and milk thistle. It is just a fancy package with a very high price that you can get buying on Amazon or im sure they already have Tumeric for horses now. Save your money. This is my opinion but buyer beware.

As to the NRF2 pill idk but my suspicion is the same, flavor of the month and just a higher priced version that you can probably get somewhere much cheaper.

Again this is my experience and opinion no need to flame me. :)
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
merdth6
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2019-01-16 4:07 PM

Expert

Ticktock - 2019-01-16 3:07 PM This is not about horse product but the people kind"Protandim". So last year a friend of ours said hey I want you to meet my friend and just "listen" to him for an hour. I am a skeptic but went anyway well, free dinner why not. It was all about Protandim and Oxydative stress. I straight up said this is an MLM and he said well yes but you can make a lot of money. He said its the best thing ever, gave me all kinds of "testimonials" I said whats the main ingredients he said Tumeric(I already take it) Ashwaganda(was taking it at the time) and , green tea and milk thistle. It is just a fancy package with a very high price that you can get buying on Amazon or im sure they already have Tumeric for horses now. Save your money. This is my opinion but buyer beware. As to the NRF2 pill idk but my suspicion is the same, flavor of the month and just a higher priced version that you can probably get somewhere much cheaper. Again this is my experience and opinion no need to flame me. :)
Ok thanks. I will say that my husband takes tumeric pills, that I buy at walmart for under $10. You get 90 pills per bottle.  He takes it for his feet and ankles. He's always sore and has problems swelling up while working.  He has bad arch support.  The tumeric pills work wonders for him. No pain or swelling while he is taking them.  Now if he's gone too long without telling me he needs new work boots the pain comes back, but as long as he has good arch support and his shoes are not totally worn out, it helps him alot.  I'm not saying that tumeric can't help horses, but I don't even know what dosage a horse would need.  I did try Curost, but I didn't really see that much difference and it's was just too expensive to use.  I don't think that this NFR2 is some magic pill, especially after reading and doing more research on it.  I'm sure if there is tumeric in these pills it might be helping some of them. 

Edited by merdth6 2019-01-16 4:10 PM
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
cutnrunqhmt
Reg. Oct 2010
Posted 2019-01-16 5:52 PM

Expert

I have a friend who started in 12 days ago. It is more the turmeric look at the label it is not the largest percentage. She had been on turmeric in the past and I am a fan of it and all my horses eat turmeric. Here is her story and we are just getting started. She has RA, MS and Lupus. I had been asking her to try this and she finally did. The last month of so she was so swollen that she could barely walk, had no ankles and her skin was starting to break open. She had been to dr and given meds but it was not helping. She called me 3 days in and said she was feeling better, her ankles were starting to become visable again, a couple days later she called again and her legs were normal, her head was clearer and speech was better, she had also been unable to eat much and lost a bunch of weight. She has her appetite back and has gained 7 lbs . She just had a dr appointment today and the dr was very impressed as her legs were normal, her blood work improved, they did not have to help her fill in the gaps in her speech and the weight gain. I know you can take these ingredients in your own mix but I believe there is something special in the dosage here. I could be wrong but I also feel better than I have in years and I have been on about 11 days and my friend said she has not been this well in 9 yrs. I am willing to pay the price because right now I feel great. Of course it will not be for everyone.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
jettster
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2019-01-16 11:22 PM

...Dot Dot Dot...

cutnrunqhmt - 2019-01-17 4:52 PM

I have a friend who started in 12 days ago. It is more the turmeric look at the label it is not the largest percentage. She had been on turmeric in the past and I am a fan of it and all my horses eat turmeric. Here is her story and we are just getting started. She has RA, MS and Lupus. I had been asking her to try this and she finally did. The last month of so she was so swollen that she could barely walk, had no ankles and her skin was starting to break open. She had been to dr and given meds but it was not helping. She called me 3 days in and said she was feeling better, her ankles were starting to become visable again, a couple days later she called again and her legs were normal, her head was clearer and speech was better, she had also been unable to eat much and lost a bunch of weight. She has her appetite back and has gained 7 lbs . She just had a dr appointment today and the dr was very impressed as her legs were normal, her blood work improved, they did not have to help her fill in the gaps in her speech and the weight gain. I know you can take these ingredients in your own mix but I believe there is something special in the dosage here. I could be wrong but I also feel better than I have in years and I have been on about 11 days and my friend said she has not been this well in 9 yrs. I am willing to pay the price because right now I feel great. Of course it will not be for everyone.

I started taking the nrf2 protandim about 2 months ago when I had some serious dental problems. I believe it helped me rebound from all that and I feel pretty good now.
I will be 58 years old Friday... I'm beginning to think I don't feel like I'm that old! LOL!

I have more energy than I've had in a long time... I just feel as though this could be helping me. It is the only pill I take. I am on no medication... I take no other supplements. Just this little yellow pill. I also put my horse on it..
Dave is starting to feel more like his old self. He's had a rough year and a half. he had four chips removed from his left carpus... And he also has a synovial fluid distention of the extensor tendon..on that front leg.
I want Brother Dave to feel better. I'm glad I do.
Not saying this is a cure-all for everything but in my case it seems to be helping.

Edited by jettster 2019-01-16 11:25 PM
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Sandok
Reg. Jan 2011
Posted 2019-04-03 1:27 PM
Subject: RE: NFR2

Elite Veteran

So I had gotten a bottle of this to try for myself about 2/3 months ago and took it off and on.  Didn't really pay that much attention till one evening I took at night and it seemed to keep me awake.  So I started taking it in the mornings as I need a push to get me going in the mornings.  I did that and seemed to take away my lower back paim.  I have had lower back pain  most of my life as I misued my body in youth.  I have taken everything from Aleve, Advil to CurOst the Turmeric/Curcumin from different companys and nothing took away the pain completely.  Oh it would numb it but didn't last very long.  So this NFR2 I take in the mornings and it last pretty much all day and it doesn't keep me awake at night.  So I ordered some more and I think going to try on my mare as nothing seems to work with her right now and I have had her on Turmeric, CurOst, etc.  Right now I have her on a Arthritis Formula that I get from "Forloveofthehorse".  It worked really good then lately it hasn't been working so great and I have added their pain formula.  

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
doglady
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2019-04-03 8:38 PM

Mrs. Troy

I posted my story on another post but I will do it again. I had a terrible car wreck a year ago last Sept    I was in the hospital for three weeks.  The surgeons that put me back together told me I would never ride again.  I was in a wheelchair for a couple months, then on crutches, then a Walker.  My right leg didn’t work right.  I started riding last summer and finally went to my first barrel race the end of June.  My 1-d horse didn’t even come close to the 4-d.  

I was in constant pain and was taking handfuls of pain pills. I have a cupboard full of things I tried to help me. I finally decided that I was just going to have to live with the pain and my limp. 

I started taking the nrf2 and in two months I didn’t think it had done anything but I had one more bottle so I took it. After 3 months one morning I went to take my morning handful of pills and I thought I felt better so I didn’t take as many.  After five months I wasnt taking any and I was not limping anymore 

I am a believer and will not ever go without it.  

I have five horses on it now.  My yellow horse got kicked and had a bad bone bruise. My vet thought it would take three months to get him sound enough to ride. Five weeks on two a day and he was sound.  My sorrel horse was on it for two months and I took him for his spring injections which he did not need. 

For a person one bottle costs $40.99 plus shipping and taxes per month.  For horses they say two pills a day for 30-60 days and then you can cut down to one a day and see if your horse maintains on one pill a day. 

I have had so many people want to know why I am so much better and I share with them. I became a distributor to help them. There isn’t much money to be made selling it unless you are a high level which I won’t ever be. 

I have lots of information I can share and many testimonies.  I don’t know why it works, I don’t know how it works, and I don’t care.  It works for me 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
roxieannie
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2019-04-04 6:06 AM

Dog Resuce Agent

Milk thistle extract - improved liver health

bacopa extract - improves mental function, 

ashwagandha extract - might help calm brain, reduce swelling, lower blood pressure, alter immune system. 

Green tree extract - high antioxidants, may promote heart health, good for brain, increase alertness

tumeric extract - strong anti-oxidant 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
LIVE2RUN
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2019-04-08 2:48 PM

The best bad guy on the internet

doglady - 2019-04-03 7:38 PM

I posted my story on another post but I will do it again. I had a terrible car wreck a year ago last Sept    I was in the hospital for three weeks.  The surgeons that put me back together told me I would never ride again.  I was in a wheelchair for a couple months, then on crutches, then a Walker.  My right leg didn’t work right.  I started riding last summer and finally went to my first barrel race the end of June.  My 1-d horse didn’t even come close to the 4-d.  

I was in constant pain and was taking handfuls of pain pills. I have a cupboard full of things I tried to help me. I finally decided that I was just going to have to live with the pain and my limp. 

I started taking the nrf2 and in two months I didn’t think it had done anything but I had one more bottle so I took it. After 3 months one morning I went to take my morning handful of pills and I thought I felt better so I didn’t take as many.  After five months I wasnt taking any and I was not limping anymore 

I am a believer and will not ever go without it.  

I have five horses on it now.  My yellow horse got kicked and had a bad bone bruise. My vet thought it would take three months to get him sound enough to ride. Five weeks on two a day and he was sound.  My sorrel horse was on it for two months and I took him for his spring injections which he did not need. 

For a person one bottle costs $40.99 plus shipping and taxes per month.  For horses they say two pills a day for 30-60 days and then you can cut down to one a day and see if your horse maintains on one pill a day. 

I have had so many people want to know why I am so much better and I share with them. I became a distributor to help them. There isn’t much money to be made selling it unless you are a high level which I won’t ever be. 

I have lots of information I can share and many testimonies.  I don’t know why it works, I don’t know how it works, and I don’t care.  It works for me 

Wow, 5 horses and yourself taking this...man I can barely afford to have just one horse on it.....

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
doglady
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2019-04-09 4:14 PM

Mrs. Troy

I am not using any other supplements.   This for myself,my husband, and my horses is less than all the stuff I was taking just to cut the pain to be able to do anything. 

Edited by doglady 2019-04-09 4:15 PM
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
oija
Reg. Feb 2012
Posted 2019-04-09 9:35 PM

Expert

I agree with Liana that much of this about NRF2 seems like hoopla. You can buy the ingredients through Amazon or a reputable herb dealer. You may have more luck combining turmeric, pepper, oil and vitamin E if you want to mix your own as both relieve oxidative stress and are antiinflammatories. And you can do it for pretty cheap. I see it pushed a lot on facebook as the cure all. Don't forget that equioxx and ibuprofen are also anti-inflammatories, cheaper, and generally safe. They should just not be abused to avoid ulcer problems. Equioxx and ibuprofen are also more powerful anti-inflammatories short term. Perhaps augmented by a little turmeric and vitamin E they can work better. While I do not dismiss anecdotal evidence completely, as enough of them can eventually begin to build a case, at the end of the day it becomes the principle of n=1. And one example, usually with a profit motive, is just not enough to prove anything. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom