Folks on-line
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Paint incentive in barrel racing and solid paint
Moderators: luluwhit, gotothewhip, crossspur, Farrierlady, ForumAdmin
Out-Rider: txdad

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-02-05 11:57 AM
29 replies, 2482 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

CrossDRanch
Posted 2014-02-03 11:04 AM (#6929774 - in reply to #6928661)
Subject: RE: Paint incentive in barrel racing and solid paint

Extreme Veteran

Can you also be an AjPHA member? Website says they have all of the benefits as APHA members.
0 likes 0 dislikes
Top of the page Bottom of the page
LoneStar
Posted 2014-02-03 11:10 AM (#6929781 - in reply to #6928661)

Expert

I would assume so  
0 likes 0 dislikes
RaneySky
Posted 2014-02-03 2:37 PM (#6930000 - in reply to #6928661)

Regular

APHA has done a great job with the PBRIP, the committee working on this has put forth alot of effort and are still working to make this an excellent program.

For 2014 - they are working to have an arena only for the speed events so the ground can be worked and kept without other classes coming in before barrels, causing a difference in the conditions.

PBRIP committee is also working on their website for the results to be updated and posted and also working out details to get the results from the producers of the side pots. This is all a work in progress and there will be more things that will need to be addressed but in the end PBRIP will be something that we can take our paint horses to and benefit from.

I have ran at the World Shows where it has paid out, where it didnt pay out and received buckles, jackets, etc. but I went there knowing beforehand what was going to be given out as prizes. Points have helped me sell my horses and I appreciate that but I really appreciate a program that is paying out.

The 4D format allows a wider range of participants and the top 10 payout pays the top horses.

The 2013 World Show sweepstakes was very nice and 2014 looks to be even better.
3 likes 0 dislikes
RaneySky
Posted 2014-02-03 3:33 PM (#6930040 - in reply to #6928661)

Regular

This is listed on APHA's website - for the question regarding horses born before Jan 1 2013 and for horses after 2013:

The Paint Barrel Racing Incentive Program Committee recently revised the rules of the popular barrel racing jackpot program.

The rules, which originated from the Stakes Race Eligibility Rules used to govern Paint racing, were changed to welcome more barrel racing Paints into PBRIP competition, APHA Director of Racing Karen Utecht says.

"The original stakes race eligibility rules were changed to welcome more barrel racing paints into the PBRIP competition," APHA Director of Racing Karen Utecht said. "The barrel racing community remains excited about the PBRIP program and these changes will create a great opportunity for our Paint barrel horses."

The rules now state:

ALL APHA-registered horses foaled prior to January 1, 2013, will be allowed to participate in PBRIP.

All foals foaled on or after January 1, 2013, must comply with any of the following requirements to be eligible:

1. All Regular Registry Paint Horses—those registered as a tobiano, overo or tovero—foaled on or after January 1, 2013, will be allowed to participate in PBRIP.

2. All Solid Paint-Bred registered horses—Paints with minimal or no white—foaled on or after January 1, 2013, must have at least one Regular Registry Paint Horse in the first generation and at least one Regular Registry Paint Horse in the second generation OR two Regular Registry Paint Horses in the first generation.

Hope this helps clarify for the solid bred paints.....

1 likes 0 dislikes
SkysTheLimit
Posted 2014-02-03 5:10 PM (#6930097 - in reply to #6928661)

Riding High in Nebraska

This is the first I've heard of there being points awarded. At the meeting last month they said there will be a "standings" this year and year end awards all based on money earned. I do think there is *some* right hand not talking to the left; however, this is a BRAND NEW program. You can't expect it to roll out completely flawless. I'm ecstatic for this program and will support it the best I can.
0 likes 0 dislikes
BMW
Posted 2014-02-05 12:56 AM (#6931059 - in reply to #6928661)

Expert

One more question about solid paints-do all APHA shows allow solid paints in the speed events-barrels and poles? Thanks-it's easier to ask here than look it up on APHA's web site.
0 likes 0 dislikes
BARRELHORSE USA
Posted 2014-02-05 2:43 AM (#6931072 - in reply to #6928661)

Your solid bred paints have separate classes from the colored horses running in the same event at a regular APHA show all the way to their World Show .. .... there is such a low turn out due to cost and color discrimination you will never earn a point let alone any money ... (3-10 max horses in the entire event)

Until APHA simplifies their rules to ANY REGISTERED PAINT HORSE COLORED OR SOLID can compete together and against each other as equals for the same money or awards in all classes, races and events they are going to continue to go down hill ....

If you look at how APHA is run it is very similar to Obamacare .... what you thought was a rule yesterday has been changed over night to be something else today ....

The current executive secretary and the previous one both came from the APPY HORSE CLUB and look what they did to them with all the inuendo's and either or's ... both of them and several old time employees need to be sent to a rest home for non horse owners .... lol

Edited by BARRELHORSE USA 2014-02-05 2:44 AM
2 likes 0 dislikes
RaneySky
Posted 2014-02-05 8:15 AM (#6931111 - in reply to #6928661)

Regular

if you are wanting to go to horse shows for points then you can request the solid paint class at your local shows if they are not listing it - if thats what you are wanting - If points are what you are concerned with - but points are not getting you to the World Show for the Paint Incentive or the World Show Classes, participation is.

In the Paint Incentive they are all running together at the Side Pots - and your participation is what is accrueing to get you to the World Show - if that is what you are attempting to do. Also at the World Show they are keeping the Solid Paints separate for the World Show classes AND keeping the Sweepstakes classes separate for Solid and Regular Registry- so there is just as much money in the Solids as the Regular - which is beneficial to both.

If you still have questions about points I would recommend you call APHA but across the board at horse shows even if you have a Regular Registry - the speed events are very small numbers in participation due to no payout of money - therefore PBRIP was invented!!

- emailed our local club secretary, he stated they would add a class (solid Paint) if it wasnt on their handbill or if that is something we want for year end awards in the local club. hope this helps.

** the committee running PBRIP and World Show speed events are doing an excellent job building it up.....this is a new program, lets give them the time and the opportunity they deserve.

Edited by RaneySky 2014-02-05 9:04 AM
0 likes 0 dislikes
BMW
Posted 2014-02-05 11:46 AM (#6931320 - in reply to #6928661)

Expert

Thanks for the replies about the APHA classes. I'm considering buying a paint barrel prospect and was wondering what paint opportunities would be available-paint vs solid paint.
0 likes 0 dislikes
LoneStar
Posted 2014-02-05 11:57 AM (#6931343 - in reply to #6931059)

Expert

BMW - 2014-02-05 11:56 PM One more question about solid paints-do all APHA shows allow solid paints in the speed events-barrels and poles? Thanks-it's easier to ask here than look it up on APHA's web site.

Yes,  Solid Paints are allowed to run in PBRIP / Co-Santioned Events.  

Foals born 2013 and after will have to meet the following criteria:

3. ALL Solid Paint-Bred registered horses foaled on or after January 1, 2013 must have at least one Regular Registry Paint Horse in the first generation and at least one Regular Registry Paint Horse in the second generation OR two Regular Registry Paint Horses in the first generation. 
0 likes 0 dislikes
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software