Come on in Folks on-line

Today is

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.

Puppy needs a home

Moderators: gotothewhip, crossspur
Jump to page :
Last activity 2014-03-08 1:53 AM
1 replies, 3298 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Dog Pound
Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh

pinx05
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2014-02-08 11:16 AM
Subject: Puppy needs a home

Chicken Chick

My husband brought home a puppy 2 weeks ago that he felt bad for. Someone was giving it away at the feed store and he thought the wrong kind of people were looking at him. So he brought him home so we could find him a home (and he says I bring home all the animals lol). Looks like a pit or pit mix, my guess is about 3 months old. Although the longer we have him the less I think he is mixed... his head threw me off in the beginning but the more he grows the more he looks full pit to me.

We put some weight on him and have been working on some of his issues. He was extremely food aggressive, and he is getting better. You can actually feed him a treat or take something away from him without losing a finger, but he still needs work. We are working on the constant biting, and he rarely bites anymore unless he gets really wound up wanting to play but you can tell him no and he will stop. He is catching on to the house breaking thing, and will scratch at the door half the time (sometimes he just goes to the door)... most the time it is the wrong door but at least he is getting it lol. 

I have a 9 year old son that he does well with but my son has to tell him no biting more often then we do. I don't think he would do good with younger kids because he is so high energy, plays rough, and I think he would take advantage of them letting him get away with things. Also because he still does guard his possessions and I would feel horrible if a kid got hurt because I wasn't clear enough about his issues. To me it seems like he came from a home that thought it was funny when he acted like a brat and encouraged it. He is a completely different dog after 2 weeks of us working with him.

Other then that he is a good little dog. He is a quick learner, and loves everyone. I don't think he is scared of anything. He is kenneled at night and doesn't make a peep unless he needs to go potty. He does great with my dogs, it took him a little bit to warm up to them (I think because of their size, and how pushy they are)... now I am almost positive they regret making friends with him because he wants to play with them 24/7 and they are old and don't have half the energy. He does ok with my cats, if they swat at him he thinks they are playing... but still keeps his distance. The cats bait him usually though, they will rub on him and if he shows interest then they want to swat him.

I am due in a month and he really needs to find a home soon. I want him to go to someone that is capable and willing to deal with his resource guarding, I hope if I can find him the right home he won't ever be looking for another. We have gotten quite attached to him since we have had him, and would keep him if we didn't have a baby on the way and a male dog that will not live with another male. I have turned away most of my friends because I don't think they will deal with his issues and let him get worse.

We are in Amarillo, Tx. If you want to know anything else about him just let me know. 

Here is Bear.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
pinx05
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2014-03-08 1:53 AM
Subject: RE: Puppy needs a home

Chicken Chick

He has found a home. 
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Jump to page :
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

© Copyright 2002- BarrelHorseWorld.com All rights reserved including digital rights

Support - Contact / Log in to my account

Working Truck World Working Horse World Cargo Trailer World Horse Trailer World Roping Horse World
'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software