Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Rodeo Queen Help !!
Moderators: ForumAdmin, gotothewhip, crossspur

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-02-17 10:54 AM
4 replies, 5700 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Teen Talk
Refresh
Message format

Moe and Diablo
Reg. Apr 2012
Posted 2014-07-10 5:34 PM (#7021862)
Subject: Rodeo Queen Help !!

Veteran

Okay everyone! I know I posted something earlier about Rodeo Queen Paegents. I need some help ! Next year I am planning on running a few rodeos with the Queen Paegent. They have little miss, princess and Queen. I missed my princess year due to no truck and not enough riding time. So now I have to step my A-game up. Do you have any suggestions for the Queen part of the competition? Anything to expect? I'll be 15 next year, and if I am understanding the rules right, if I wanna run a PRCA Rodeo, like the UP Championship Rodeo, in Iron River, Michigan, I would have to be 15 and I think the girls come from all around for this rodeo. I am not really good with the big rodeos. I am planning on running small rodeos and then hitting some big rodeos. So if anyone has any advice or anything they could tell me to possibly help me out with my first year, it would be greatly appreciated!! Also for sponsorships, how many do you recommend I get my first year? I have no clothes or anything . I was told if I am getting sponsors, I should say 50 or more so that I can get the stuff I need. Thank you ahead of time for your help ! I appreciate it !

Edited by Moe and Diablo 2014-07-10 5:35 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Just Bring It
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2014-07-10 6:10 PM (#7021875 - in reply to #7021862)
Subject: RE: Rodeo Queen Help !!

Husband Spoiler

There are facebook pages for used rodeo queen clothes you should check out.  

I would suggest starting off with a local arena club association so you get the feel of the pageants, carrying flags, hauling schedule, etc. Plus you will get to know others that have been doing it for a few years that could help you out. 

Most queens around here get some sponsorship money from the club they are representing. Usually around $250-$500 to use for clothes, fuel, etc.

If running for a PRCA title....Learn PRCA rodeo history/trivia. Know the rules of PRCA. Know all of the events and rules. Know the top riders and past top riders. 

If running for a local arena club association know the President, Secretary, etc of the club. Know some of the town's and club's history. 

Good luck!
Moe and Diablo
Reg. Apr 2012
Posted 2014-07-21 10:24 PM (#7027039 - in reply to #7021862)

Veteran

Thanks!!! I am planning on running local for awhile then when im 16 running for a PRCA title. Im not sure yet .  I have 2 years to run for a title with local clubs, than I can run with PRCA. Also should I check out what the girls are wearing now? I heard the judges want blingy stuff but than some want the plain stuff. Im leaning more towards the blingy stuff because the blingyier the better. Thats what I think . For me I am learning everything. The twon history, rodeo history, past rodeo queens, Miss America queen and hairstyles . Im going through everything . 
MIHSRAQueen
Reg. Dec 2014
Posted 2014-12-31 11:18 AM (#7099965 - in reply to #7021862)

boon

Hi! I am the Michigan High School rodeo queen, I am also new to the queen world but it has been such an amazing opportunity. A lot of the clothes I used in the pageants where from previous queens, very very helpful but there is a woman who makes show clothes and has made a lot of our clothing for the past 6 years :) her company name is Diamond K tack and she is in Chase, Mi. She has made our queen chaps along with shirts for a very reasonable price. There has also been quite a few new members to the mihsra from the upper peninsula but we don't have any rodeos up there yet, we're making our way North though! The High School Rodeo queen pageants are very relaxed and little pressure, I highly recommend it! There are also silent auctions during our mid winter meeting and the proceeds from it goes to help pay some of the next years queen expenses :) The queens from the state level automatically are qualified to go to the national finals in Rock Springs, Wyoming and compete for the national title :) if you have any questions please let me know!!!!
Aly Allen
TurnNBurn-3Barrels
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2015-02-17 10:54 AM (#7121196 - in reply to #7021862)

I don't want to screw up!

Getting into queening can be a tricky business. I reccommend finding someone that is willing to help teach you the ropes. Queening isn't just sitting up on a horse and looking pretty, you will have to know a HUGE amount of information for the pageant as well as do speeches, modeling, and more than likely interviews. Another good tip is that if you can find someone that has a large amount of horses for you to get on and do a horsemanship pattern. This will not only increase your riding skills but you can probably learn something about riding your own horse better. If the association you are running for has a rulebook, know that thing like the back of your hand. As far as clothing goes, there are a ton of facebook pages that will help get you started. They have everything from entry level to Miss Rodeo America level.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software