Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
pricing prospects
Moderators: gotothewhip, crossspur

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-10-17 8:42 PM
0 replies, 2853 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> The Price is Right  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

wierqh
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2014-10-17 8:42 PM (#7066820)
Subject: pricing prospects

Expert

OK I have been reading all the post I can find about prospects and what people expect to pay for one, what makes one worth more than another, etc.    I thought I had mine priced reasonable for what she is and her training. (4 yo with <60 days riding but riding awesome already for green broke)  Her sire is One Hot Jose that JB Quarter Horses owned until he died,  He has a big show record, his foals are eligible for several futurities.  Horses by him have brought decent prices at the Texas Best sale and the JB Quarter Horses sale they started in 2009.   Now her dam isn't proven to anyone else but me. I know what the dam is capable of and she has everything that a person would want in a horse, but my life hasn't worked out to get her proven.  So I know that hurts my 4 yo's sale value.  Also know that by me not paying her into any futurities hurts as well, but I didn't because originally I had never planned on selling her.  I am going to go back to college and finish my degree so I know with working, school and family my time will be limited for riding.  That is why I am trying to sell her and a couple of others to cut back. 
Anyway, I have her ad on here for $4000.  I believe I probably have more than that in her, but thought it was appropriate price range.  What does anyone else think??????
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software