Come on in Folks on-line

Today is

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.

Horse not drinking on the road

Jump to page :
Last activity 2015-10-29 12:11 PM
2 replies, 3236 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Sticky Forum
Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh

trican
Reg. May 2015
Posted 2015-05-27 3:13 PM
Subject: Horse not drinking on the road

boon

I'm having trouble with my horse not drinking whenever I haul somewhere. I have tried the "Thirst Quench" to put in his water, he will not drink it. I have put him on electrolytes. I've hauled water from home, Sometimes if I throw a handful of pellets in the water bucket he will slurp some trying to get to the pellets, but not enough to get hydrated. Any suggestions???
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
SoundnessSolutions
Reg. Oct 2015
Posted 2015-10-01 12:32 PM
Subject: RE: Horse not drinking on the road

boon

Have your tried EQUI-SURE an oral supplement you administer prior to times of stress i.e. Trailering, competition, inclimenet weather change or when needing a boost in immunity. 10 cc'a orally is amazing for a horse.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Sherise_T
Reg. Oct 2015
Posted 2015-10-29 12:11 PM
Subject: RE: Horse not drinking on the road

I use a salt drench in a syringe. I also let them have free access to a small salt lick in their manger. Mine won't drink anything added to their water, I believe that only works if you use it at home. Have you tried hauling your own water from home? I think it helps to water them in a bucket at home. That way it's old hat, nothing new to absorb. I use Equi-Sure, but haven't ever had luck with it making them want to drink.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Jump to page :
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

© Copyright 2002- BarrelHorseWorld.com All rights reserved including digital rights

Support - Contact / Log in to my account

Working Truck World Working Horse World Cargo Trailer World Horse Trailer World Roping Horse World
'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software