Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
I need help with Pole Bending turns and teaching rate!!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-02-20 1:04 AM
1 replies, 580 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Sticky Forum  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

DocOlenaxDash4Cash
Reg. Feb 2017
Posted 2017-02-20 1:03 AM (#7328693)
Subject: I need help with Pole Bending turns and teaching rate!!!

boon

Hi, I have this awesome little black mare that loves to run poles! and i mean loves them! she will walk right in the alley way like a rope horse for barrels, but when its time for poles shes jam up & knows what time it is. Im having a lot of trouble teaching her to rate her 1st & last turns though. This is the first pole horse I have ever trained and I'm currently open to all advice as i have State finals in 3 months! She is currently running low 21's to high 20's with her fastest time ever being 20.6 (she ran it 1 month ago). shes definitely a stick of dynamite, but I know shes capable of so much more and would love to have her able to compete to the best of her abilities. Im going to try to add videos to this so yall can see what im talking about. I have added a run where you can see the trouble im having on the end turns and i was completely out of rhythym and hit 2 poles... but was still 20.9... i will try to add the 20.6 also if it will let me. *** update*** it says the video files are too big, but anyone that can possibly help me please message me with your email and i will send you videos ASAP. I really need to get this fixed before state finals.

Edited by DocOlenaxDash4Cash 2017-02-20 1:07 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
DocOlenaxDash4Cash
Reg. Feb 2017
Posted 2017-02-20 1:04 AM (#7328694 - in reply to #7328693)
Subject: RE: I need help with Pole Bending turns and teaching rate!!!

boon

here is the 20.9 with 2 hit poles
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World