Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
animal element detox users
Moderators: luluwhit, gotothewhip, crossspur, ForumAdmin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-03-21 8:50 AM
17 replies, 1460 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

gosweetfancy
Reg. Mar 2014
Posted 2017-03-15 10:47 AM (#7333559)
Subject: animal element detox users

I've been reading about the AE detox and am wanting to give it a shot. What changes have you seen in your horses since feeding it. Also, are there any discount codes currently out there?
TIA!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Girls_Gotta_Jet
Reg. May 2014
Posted 2017-03-15 11:00 AM (#7333563 - in reply to #7333559)
Subject: RE: animal element detox users

Extreme Veteran

I didn't notice any changes in my mare. I am using up the bag and will be done.
gosweetfancy
Reg. Mar 2014
Posted 2017-03-15 11:07 AM (#7333564 - in reply to #7333559)

can I ask what made you want to try it out and I guess what changes you were hoping for?

edited for fast fingers!

Edited by gosweetfancy 2017-03-15 11:08 AM
RockinGR
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2017-03-15 11:12 AM (#7333566 - in reply to #7333559)

Hummer's Hero

I do not chemically deworm my horses nearly as often anymore. I see improvement in their topline, and some of my horses I've noticed an improvement in their eating habits. One doesn't bolt his feed anymore, and therefore isn't dropping a bunch on the ground. I have seen huge improvements in the hooves of several, from thin and shelly to a nice solid hoof wall with good growth.
I had one horse in particular that had EPM, and I used Detox to maintain her after treatment and it did so much good for her. I actually had her on it before diagnosis and treatment, and I think it kept the EPM from getting a good foothold on her. She was chronically a little off, but not enough to diagnose her, then I let her run out of Detox for a while. She almost died. After treatment I put her back on Detox, and anytime I noticed her just a little off, I'd up her from maintenance to detox dosage and she'd bounce back in a couple of days.

ETA: if you dealing with a nervous horse, In The Zone paste is the bomb for pre-race.

Edited by RockinGR 2017-03-15 11:13 AM
Girls_Gotta_Jet
Reg. May 2014
Posted 2017-03-15 11:39 AM (#7333569 - in reply to #7333564)

Extreme Veteran

gosweetfancy - 2017-03-15 11:07 AM

can I ask what made you want to try it out and I guess what changes you were hoping for?

edited for fast fingers!

I already feed forco daily and give Healthy coat, raspberry leaves and U-Gard as a supplement. I was hoping to see my nervous mare settle down a little and also to maybe help her joints not appear so stiff. She was a little under weight when I got her 6 months ago and it did nothing to help her fill out, and it didn't help her nervousness at all. She has been treated for ulcers and is on RG and alfalfa pellets with free choice grass hay. I thought is was just me, so I pulled the detox and was just giving Healthy Coat, raspberry leaves, forco and U-Gard and she is still the same as when she was on detox. So I didn't feel that it worked for her.
Rausch_Jessica
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2017-03-15 12:53 PM (#7333592 - in reply to #7333559)

Veteran

I feed a few AE products and love them all! Use code BHW10 for a 10% code. The changes that I notice with the detox: my horse loves it and licks his bowl dry, his topine has really filled out, he no longer coughs during allergy season and he is alot more mellow. With the in the zone paste: I never ever have to worry about ulcers being an issue and my horse will actaully drink and eat on the road now. With the product x: my horse had really stepped up his game in all aspects...he started clocking faster and is not as sore when I palpate him now plus he put on some major muscle definition. Not saying AE will work on every horse because they all are different but the main barrel horse I run right now thrives on these products! Hope this helps!
shilohorse
Reg. May 2011
Posted 2017-03-16 12:15 AM (#7333697 - in reply to #7333559)

Extreme Veteran

I've been feeding ae supps for 3-4 years now- love them all depends what u need but the detox is a must for all mine- great for feet , focus, top line I love that they are human grade and no fillers or junk in them.
ThreeCorners
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2017-03-16 7:23 AM (#7333719 - in reply to #7333569)

Military family
Tried and True

Girls_Gotta_Jet - 2017-03-15 11:39 AM
gosweetfancy - 2017-03-15 11:07 AM can I ask what made you want to try it out and I guess what changes you were hoping for? edited for fast fingers!
I already feed forco daily and give Healthy coat, raspberry leaves and U-Gard as a supplement. I was hoping to see my nervous mare settle down a little and also to maybe help her joints not appear so stiff. She was a little under weight when I got her 6 months ago and it did nothing to help her fill out, and it didn't help her nervousness at all. She has been treated for ulcers and is on RG and alfalfa pellets with free choice grass hay. I thought is was just me, so I pulled the detox and was just giving Healthy Coat, raspberry leaves, forco and U-Gard and she is still the same as when she was on detox. So I didn't feel that it worked for her.

Not to butt in or go off topic but I would venture to say your horse needs a good magnesium suppliment. She is displaying the classic signs of a magnesium defiency.  
another has been
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2017-03-16 8:06 PM (#7333891 - in reply to #7333559)

Elite Veteran

We love Animal Element products! You can use the code for a 10% discount BUT any order over $50 is free shipping! They started that in February! You either can get free shipping or 10% off but not both! Since we started horses are more responsive/ quicker response. Was able to cut back on grain after about 5 weeks! Feet are a lot better! They are stronger they grow faster too! Mane and tail really grew! I love that it is all natural with no fillers! You always need to take a picture before starting ANY thing new and then about every two weeks. If you do it do the loading dose it does take a little longer to see the results on outside! We have had fewer injections and chiro visits are holding longer since being on it!
canchasinok
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2017-03-17 8:51 AM (#7333963 - in reply to #7333559)

Regular

I've been using detox, xfactor, and occasionally in the zone for a year now.  My horses have really blossomed, run harder, feel like I have a lot more horse under me without making them juiced up, recover quicker.  I too have seen that they don't need wormed as often and their feet are much better.  I run barefoot since my husband is a farrier and can give them the attention that requires and he's very pleased with the condition of their feet.  I am now a dealer and have detox, x, and in the zone on hand if anyone here close in Oklahoma needs any.  I will be at the sooners this weekend and Pawhuska Barrel Bash the next.  
giddyuplpn
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2017-03-17 9:36 PM (#7334109 - in reply to #7333559)

Elite Veteran

My mare usually has a super nice coat, keeps her healthy and working great, I sure notice a difference when she isn't on it, the raspberry leaves seem to help with her mare moods. Detox also has MSM in it and seems to keep her and my old guy feeling great. 
1DSoon
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2017-03-18 7:28 AM (#7334119 - in reply to #7333559)

what does it detox?

Bear
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2017-03-18 2:20 PM (#7334154 - in reply to #7333559)

BHW Resident Surgeon

What are these "toxins"? Can someone please educate me? I've been asking this question for years, but still no answer.
I don't like toxins either.....I don't like evil humors, goblins, witches, and the devil. I think the concept of ridding an organism of toxins sounds like a swell idea, in general.
jake16
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2017-03-20 6:11 PM (#7334530 - in reply to #7334154)

Go Get Em!

Bear - 2017-03-18 3:20 PM

What are these "toxins"? Can someone please educate me? I've been asking this question for years, but still no answer.
I don't like toxins either.....I don't like evil humors, goblins, witches, and the devil. I think the concept of ridding an organism of toxins sounds like a swell idea, in general.

Bumping for answer
Tilt The Kilt
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2017-03-20 7:06 PM (#7334538 - in reply to #7333559)

Addicted to Baseball

I had one that was crashing severely when coming off the track.  We had full doses of GastroGuard for some time but he wasn't looking any better.  It got him eating but that was it.  A friend suggested AE Detox and I have to say it did seem to help him turn another corner.  Maybe it was a coincidence but he remained on it for sometime and looked better than my other pasture horses.  
getacheck
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2017-03-21 12:14 AM (#7334572 - in reply to #7333559)

Elite Veteran

Taken from the website:

Horses are exposed to a constant stream of toxins and most of the time we aren't even aware of it. The first step is to try to minimize the exposure and the second step is to remove them from the body.

Some of the more worrisome toxins are heavy metals (mercury, cadmium, arsenic, lead), VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds), ammonia and mycotoxins (produced by fungi/molds).

Around 300 mycotoxins are currently identified, and it’s certain that many more are present in nature. Horses can be exposed to mycotoxins in their feed as well as bedding. (1) Michigan State University wrote a great article about toxins in feed and how to reduce the risk of exposure. (2)

Aflatoxins are a specific type of mycotoxin that is particularly toxic. As little as half a gram may be lethal in horses. (3) Ruminants such as cattle and goats can see a decrease in body weight from as little as 0.2 mg/kg of body weight which in a 450 kg horse would be about 90 mg, a very small amount. If your horse eats 25 lb/day that's 11,000 grams so a very small percentage can cause a big problem.

Botulism, Ionophore, Yew, Poison Hemlock, red maple leaf, and blister beetle are other possible sources of toxins and poisons your horse may run into. (4)

Transporting your horse is a necessary evil that every competitor deals with and we all know how stressful this can be on your horse. Dehydration and ulcers are unfortunately all too common and this is the last thing your horse needs before competition.

Poor air quality during transport has been reported, with increased concentrations of reparable particulates (5), ammonia, and airborne microbes and fungi. Transport has also been shown to cause increased incidence of respiratory infection (6). In another post I made I talked extensively about possible causes and treatments for bleeding. It's possible your horse trailer could be part of it. The entire article is available in the reference section at the bottom.

Mercury is in our air from the combustion of diesel, jet fuel, and heating oil. It deposits on land and water, then concentrates in the food chain. Coal burning power plants are another big source. Until 2002, Arsenic compounds were used to treat wood to prevent rot, double check if your stall might be using any of that wood. It's also present in a some fertilizers.

Some old water pipes can be sources of lead in your drinking water and most people aren't filtering the water for their horses.

Lead can cause behavioral problems, kidney damage, memory and learning problems. Mercury can cause digestive problems, brain damage, kidney disease. Arsenic is known to cause breathing problems (bleeding possible), peripheral nervous system problems and the list goes on.

Some sources of toxins you can control, most you can't. The next step is to remove as many of these toxins and heavy metals as possible. At Animal Element we rely on Zeolite as our primary ingredient to remove toxins. Zeolite has a cage like structure that binds to heavy metals, mycotoxins, ammonia and a lot of other substances and then harmlessly passes out the body. Zeolite has no nutritional value, it works by physically removing these substances.

The use of natural zeolites like we use in our detox product are well established in ruminants. (6) These research studies clearly showed how Zeolite removes ammonium and they found it controls Mycotoxin, reduced stress and improved growth rates via greater muscle mass. Feed efficiency also improved. (7)

Another ingredient we use is Chlorella. Chlorella is a green algae containing a large number of amino acids, vitamins, minerals. I personally consider it to be one of the healthiest substances on earth. It's list of health benefits is staggering.

1DSoon
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2017-03-21 7:40 AM (#7334592 - in reply to #7334572)

getacheck - 2017-03-21 1:14 AM Taken from the website: Horses are exposed to a constant stream of toxins and most of the time we aren't even aware of it. The first step is to try to minimize the exposure and the second step is to remove them from the body. Some of the more worrisome toxins are heavy metals (mercury, cadmium, arsenic, lead), VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds), ammonia and mycotoxins (produced by fungi/molds). Around 300 mycotoxins are currently identified, and it’s certain that many more are present in nature. Horses can be exposed to mycotoxins in their feed as well as bedding. (1) Michigan State University wrote a great article about toxins in feed and how to reduce the risk of exposure. (2) Aflatoxins are a specific type of mycotoxin that is particularly toxic. As little as half a gram may be lethal in horses. (3) Ruminants such as cattle and goats can see a decrease in body weight from as little as 0.2 mg/kg of body weight which in a 450 kg horse would be about 90 mg, a very small amount. If your horse eats 25 lb/day that's 11,000 grams so a very small percentage can cause a big problem. Botulism, Ionophore, Yew, Poison Hemlock, red maple leaf, and blister beetle are other possible sources of toxins and poisons your horse may run into. (4) Transporting your horse is a necessary evil that every competitor deals with and we all know how stressful this can be on your horse. Dehydration and ulcers are unfortunately all too common and this is the last thing your horse needs before competition. Poor air quality during transport has been reported, with increased concentrations of reparable particulates (5), ammonia, and airborne microbes and fungi. Transport has also been shown to cause increased incidence of respiratory infection (6). In another post I made I talked extensively about possible causes and treatments for bleeding. It's possible your horse trailer could be part of it. The entire article is available in the reference section at the bottom. Mercury is in our air from the combustion of diesel, jet fuel, and heating oil. It deposits on land and water, then concentrates in the food chain. Coal burning power plants are another big source. Until 2002, Arsenic compounds were used to treat wood to prevent rot, double check if your stall might be using any of that wood. It's also present in a some fertilizers. Some old water pipes can be sources of lead in your drinking water and most people aren't filtering the water for their horses. Lead can cause behavioral problems, kidney damage, memory and learning problems. Mercury can cause digestive problems, brain damage, kidney disease. Arsenic is known to cause breathing problems (bleeding possible), peripheral nervous system problems and the list goes on. Some sources of toxins you can control, most you can't. The next step is to remove as many of these toxins and heavy metals as possible. At Animal Element we rely on Zeolite as our primary ingredient to remove toxins. Zeolite has a cage like structure that binds to heavy metals, mycotoxins, ammonia and a lot of other substances and then harmlessly passes out the body. Zeolite has no nutritional value, it works by physically removing these substances. The use of natural zeolites like we use in our detox product are well established in ruminants. (6) These research studies clearly showed how Zeolite removes ammonium and they found it controls Mycotoxin, reduced stress and improved growth rates via greater muscle mass. Feed efficiency also improved. (7) Another ingredient we use is Chlorella. Chlorella is a green algae containing a large number of amino acids, vitamins, minerals. I personally consider it to be one of the healthiest substances on earth. It's list of health benefits is staggering.

I just went and got a bucket of this stuff and started eating it with a spoon.

Myotoxin no get me

Bear
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2017-03-21 8:50 AM (#7334615 - in reply to #7333559)

BHW Resident Surgeon

https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine/herbs/zeolite
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'