Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Finally some awesome progress... or not.
Moderators: luluwhit, gotothewhip, crossspur, ForumAdmin

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-05-18 1:28 AM
21 replies, 1294 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Serenity06
Reg. Feb 2011
Posted 2017-05-18 12:37 AM (#7346171 - in reply to #7346158)
Subject: RE: Finally some awesome progress... or not.

Elite Veteran

Chandler's Mom - 2017-05-17 10:01 PM

Serenity06 - 2017-05-17 6:17 PM

Serenity had her follow up appointment today. She had both front coffin joints and both stifles injected. She's suppose to get Bute and be penned up for 5 days and then the vet said to use her. He said the injections can take up to 2 weeks to reach full effect but we won't know if they helped if I don't use her. So I'll probably just start lightly riding her and progress from there. IF she is moving good and staying sound by the 28th I may take her to the playday but that will take some serious thought first. Vet wants me to run her by then so we can see how she is after but my over protective side screams no. She is moving much better on the Gamechanger and the new x-rays show a major improvement in her angles so that should help immensely with her front feet.

This huge part of me prays she can continue on barrels. The overprotective side of me says to retire her. This mare LOVES to go and run though. Time will tell our fate.

And you know her well enough to know what to do----I know, I sound like a broken record! Still sending prayers for you, her, and Ace.

Thank you! My main worry is her knack to seem like nothing is wrong. Her grit is not always an asset unfortunately.

Edited by Serenity06 2017-05-18 12:38 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Chandler's Mom
Reg. Jan 2015
Posted 2017-05-18 1:28 AM (#7346172 - in reply to #7346171)
Subject: RE: Finally some awesome progress... or not.

Expert

Serenity06 - 2017-05-18 12:37 AM

Chandler's Mom - 2017-05-17 10:01 PM

Serenity06 - 2017-05-17 6:17 PM

Serenity had her follow up appointment today. She had both front coffin joints and both stifles injected. She's suppose to get Bute and be penned up for 5 days and then the vet said to use her. He said the injections can take up to 2 weeks to reach full effect but we won't know if they helped if I don't use her. So I'll probably just start lightly riding her and progress from there. IF she is moving good and staying sound by the 28th I may take her to the playday but that will take some serious thought first. Vet wants me to run her by then so we can see how she is after but my over protective side screams no. She is moving much better on the Gamechanger and the new x-rays show a major improvement in her angles so that should help immensely with her front feet.

This huge part of me prays she can continue on barrels. The overprotective side of me says to retire her. This mare LOVES to go and run though. Time will tell our fate.

And you know her well enough to know what to do----I know, I sound like a broken record! Still sending prayers for you, her, and Ace.

Thank you! My main worry is her knack to seem like nothing is wrong. Her grit is not always an asset unfortunately.

My mare was like that. She would carry me on hours long trail rides and never say "no" or act tacky. Looking back now, I know she was hurting. So I understand. And know you will know the right thing to do!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software