Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Another SI post
Moderators: luluwhit, gotothewhip, crossspur, ForumAdmin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2017-04-20 12:03 PM
4 replies, 365 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

imheretolearn
Reg. Apr 2017
Posted 2017-04-19 12:19 PM (#7340654)
Subject: Another SI post

Hey there, I'm a frequent lurker coming out of the dark shadows of BHW.. I recently acquired a four year old colt. Today I had him vetted just to see what we were working with. He is sore in his hind end (muscle) + SI. Hocks and stifles were great. She believes after a chiro and massage appointment that he will be fine attributing his soreness to being rather high in his rear right now (growth spurt). I'm still rather new into owning younger horses so I'm just seeing if anyone else has had the same issue that their horse may of "grown" out of. Is there some stretches or exercises that you all believe that will help that area for him as well? I have also been told that a sore SI can not be fixed with chiropratic work, is this truth or myth? TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Chandler's Mom
Reg. Jan 2015
Posted 2017-04-19 6:32 PM (#7340762 - in reply to #7340654)
Subject: RE: Another SI post

Expert

I just want to welcome you to BHW and bump this up for the knowledge folks on here to give you answers!
Shushi
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2017-04-20 10:02 AM (#7340869 - in reply to #7340654)

Elite Veteran

DO you know for a fact that a growth spurt caused the right real to be high? I have a youngster that last year came up limping in the field. Right side high, never was before. Check out Hunter's Bump. Got injected, chiro'd, magnets, and some time off to let the tendons and ligaments tighten back up. Thank God he didn't tear anything, just pulled and strained tthe SI joint. He is back at it this year and doing great. Lots of trotting to get legged back up. He will always be a little high on the right side, just because of the way Hunter's Bump is. I am not saying your horse has this, just an honest question to ask your vet. 
imheretolearn
Reg. Apr 2017
Posted 2017-04-20 12:02 PM (#7340917 - in reply to #7340869)

Shushi - 2017-04-20 10:02 AM

DO you know for a fact that a growth spurt caused the right real to be high? I have a youngster that last year came up limping in the field. Right side high, never was before. Check out Hunter's Bump. Got injected, chiro'd, magnets, and some time off to let the tendons and ligaments tighten back up. Thank God he didn't tear anything, just pulled and strained tthe SI joint. He is back at it this year and doing great. Lots of trotting to get legged back up. He will always be a little high on the right side, just because of the way Hunter's Bump is. I am not saying your horse has this, just an honest question to ask your vet. 

Sorry, that sounded confusing. I meant "right" at this moment in time. I didn't mean it as a side. I apologize for the wording there.

I did have another horse that suffered from what you were explaining. He was roached backed with the same issue... I bought him at an older age and the damage was already set in and to his mind as well.

Thank you for your response!

Edited by imheretolearn 2017-04-20 12:03 PM
imheretolearn
Reg. Apr 2017
Posted 2017-04-20 12:03 PM (#7340919 - in reply to #7340762)

Chandler's Mom - 2017-04-19 6:32 PM

I just want to welcome you to BHW and bump this up for the knowledge folks on here to give you answers!

Thank you so much!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)