Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Bemer veterinary therapy blanket for horses
Moderators: luluwhit, gotothewhip, crossspur, ForumAdmin

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-02-10 9:58 PM
23 replies, 3243 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

runfastturnsmooth
Reg. Jan 2017
Posted 2018-02-09 6:47 PM (#7384511 - in reply to #7384510)
Subject: RE: Bemer veterinary therapy blanket for horses

Veteran

WetSaddleBlankets - 2018-02-09 6:31 PM

runfastturnsmooth - 2018-02-09 4:33 PM

WetSaddleBlankets - 2018-02-09 3:43 PM

I know magnawave is high frequency and bemer and Centurion blankets are low frequency.... But which is better? I think magnawave is in the middle of getting FDA approval though... That is what the spokes guy said.

What issue are you trying to fix? Did the horse have an injury? Body sore from use? You want one to just do therapy?

If an injury I'd recommend just go getting them thumped (shock wave). I'm sure I'll get flamed for that but I'm just not a crystals and incense person. Most people aren't set up well to follow a recovery protocol and there are so many swimming, therapy, and rehab centers now that you usually find a reasonably priced one in your area. Lots of people get like a "trailer train" together and send their horses to outlaw equine by splitting fuel with each other.

5k is a lot to shell out on a blanket that may have benefits....magna wave is something you can visibly see and feel working if you get a session yourself.

I agree about the magnawave. My horse has a sacroiliac injury I've been rehabbing her for the last year caused by a fractured pelvis.

My vote on that is so swimming! Do you have somewhere close that will let you do that weekly? Best thing there is for this injury. Also some weekly/monthly, whatever's in your budget, magna wave. I'd do that as much as possible and not spend money on the blanket.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
WetSaddleBlankets
Reg. Nov 2010
Posted 2018-02-09 9:33 PM (#7384519 - in reply to #7384511)

Gettin Jiggy Wit It

runfastturnsmooth - 2018-02-09 6:47 PM

WetSaddleBlankets - 2018-02-09 6:31 PM

runfastturnsmooth - 2018-02-09 4:33 PM

WetSaddleBlankets - 2018-02-09 3:43 PM

I know magnawave is high frequency and bemer and Centurion blankets are low frequency.... But which is better? I think magnawave is in the middle of getting FDA approval though... That is what the spokes guy said.

What issue are you trying to fix? Did the horse have an injury? Body sore from use? You want one to just do therapy?

If an injury I'd recommend just go getting them thumped (shock wave). I'm sure I'll get flamed for that but I'm just not a crystals and incense person. Most people aren't set up well to follow a recovery protocol and there are so many swimming, therapy, and rehab centers now that you usually find a reasonably priced one in your area. Lots of people get like a "trailer train" together and send their horses to outlaw equine by splitting fuel with each other.

5k is a lot to shell out on a blanket that may have benefits....magna wave is something you can visibly see and feel working if you get a session yourself.

I agree about the magnawave. My horse has a sacroiliac injury I've been rehabbing her for the last year caused by a fractured pelvis.

My vote on that is so swimming! Do you have somewhere close that will let you do that weekly? Best thing there is for this injury. Also some weekly/monthly, whatever's in your budget, magna wave. I'd do that as much as possible and not spend money on the blanket.

From what I've read is you don't want them to swim because of the way they arch their back and have their head up. It's not strengthening the back because they move like they are strung out. An aquatred would be the pick according to my vet. I wish I was close to somewhere but with all the vet bills over the last year and a half from her I can't afford to send her off to one for 30 days so I stick to trudging though the snow! Lol
Wild1
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2018-02-10 8:14 PM (#7384582 - in reply to #7340702)

Elite Veteran

Could you check into and aqua treadmill for horses? I know there's a facility in southern IL that charges $20 per day but you supply your horses feed
WetSaddleBlankets
Reg. Nov 2010
Posted 2018-02-10 9:58 PM (#7384591 - in reply to #7384582)

Gettin Jiggy Wit It

Wild1 - 2018-02-10 8:14 PM

Could you check into and aqua treadmill for horses? I know there's a facility in southern IL that charges $20 per day but you supply your horses feed

Really? Where is it located? I'd be interested in some information!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software