Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Osphos
Moderators: luluwhit, gotothewhip, crossspur, ForumAdmin

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-05-17 8:15 PM
23 replies, 1304 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

CJE
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2018-05-16 5:15 PM (#7396443 - in reply to #7396354)
Subject: RE: Osphos

Famous for Not Complaining

Dirt Dobber - 2018-05-15 5:46 AM

CJE - 2018-05-15 9:50 AM Any success with horses that are showing signs of navicular changes and lameness with osphos?
My horse.  He has been completely sound on the left front 6 weeks after the injection and was sound on the right front until March.  He has a cyst and when we changed up the paddinig material on his shoeing we think it irritated the cyst.  The cyst has not made any changes which is good because it hasn't grown.  My horse wasn't even pasture sound until the injection.  He was a train wreck and after the injection he became comfortable with his entire body because he wasn't trying to carry his weight all in his rear end.  After the second injection the other day he is at least pasture sound on the right front again. 
Forgot to add since the first injection there haven't been any more changes to the navicular or coffin bone.  He has a spur to on the coffin bone.  So right now everything looks stable.

Just got back from the vet today....we had injected her bursa's and not the improvement I've seen in the past with them.....so I took her back for x-rays today and showed 2 cysts......vet had already suggested to the Osphous but I don't like doing two things at once.......I want to know what works.........and what we were up against......now to decide it I want to go through with this or broodmare.....

Edited by CJE 2018-05-16 5:21 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Herbie
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2018-05-17 11:44 AM (#7396538 - in reply to #7396443)

Military family

Whack and Roll

CJE - 2018-05-16 5:15 PM
CJE - 2018-05-15 9:50 AM Any success with horses that are showing signs of navicular changes and lameness with osphos?
My horse.  He has been completely sound on the left front 6 weeks after the injection and was sound on the right front until March.  He has a cyst and when we changed up the paddinig material on his shoeing we think it irritated the cyst.  The cyst has not made any changes which is good because it hasn't grown.  My horse wasn't even pasture sound until the injection.  He was a train wreck and after the injection he became comfortable with his entire body because he wasn't trying to carry his weight all in his rear end.  After the second injection the other day he is at least pasture sound on the right front again. 

Forgot to add since the first injection there haven't been any more changes to the navicular or coffin bone.  He has a spur to on the coffin bone.  So right now everything looks stable.
Just got back from the vet today....we had injected her bursa's and not the improvement I've seen in the past with them.....so I took her back for x-rays today and showed 2 cysts......vet had already suggested to the Osphous but I don't like doing two things at once.......I want to know what works.........and what we were up against......now to decide it I want to go through with this or broodmare.....

My question would be how, specifically, will the use of a biophosphonate affect a cyst?  How are the soft tissues affected by that cyst?   
CJE
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2018-05-17 5:36 PM (#7396564 - in reply to #7396538)

Famous for Not Complaining

Herbie - 2018-05-16 12:44 PM

My question would be how, specifically, will the use of a biophosphonate affect a cyst?  How are the soft tissues affected by that cyst?   

My vet thinks there the results will be positive........I am a doubter........and I know he said no to nerving........the results of that could be catastrophic was the impression I got.....
Chandler's Mom
Reg. Jan 2015
Posted 2018-05-17 8:15 PM (#7396579 - in reply to #7396564)

My Heart Be Happy

CJE - 2018-05-17 5:36 PM

Herbie - 2018-05-16 12:44 PM

My vet thinks there the results will be positive........I am a doubter........and I know he said no to nerving........the results of that could be catastrophic was the impression I got.....

I just saw your other post---may she produce beautiful and talented babies for you. . . .
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software