Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
First barrel issue
Moderators: luluwhit, gotothewhip, crossspur, ForumAdmin

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-09-13 1:26 PM
21 replies, 902 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Marnee
Reg. Sep 2018
Posted 2018-09-13 10:45 AM (#7407849 - in reply to #7407844)
Subject: RE: First barrel issue

Thank you! He has been a blast to ride and he is quite the character to top it off.
I did go ahead and have his hocks injected just in case when I had him vet checked, but not his stifles. So may have to go back for that then if something doesn't change. However, last night I decided to throw a tie down on him. He can get high headed..somedays I feel like I ask him to drop his head most of the ride. He's always been a head flinger. I know some people have a bad perception about tie downs and I really didn't want to use it, but he really seemed to respond well with it and really snapped his first barrel. I'll post a video tonight.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
WrapN3MN
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2018-09-13 1:26 PM (#7407853 - in reply to #7407504)
Subject: RE: First barrel issue

First off - WOW you have a nice horse. If he were mine, I would stop running him right now and get him to the vet for injections.

My mare was turning the 1st barrel great this spring, then progressively got worse throughout the summer. I chalked it up to my poor timing and her anxiety. A few weekends ago I felt her hesitate at the 1st barrel and thought she was 1 run away from going up the fence. I realized it's time to quit messing around and get her to the vet. I had her injected 2 weeks go and ran her for the 1st time since injections last night and she inhaled the 1st barrel again.

IMO if you keep running him if he is sore, you are going to have a heck of a time bringing his confidence back if he runs sore too long. I know someone going through this right now and she has been trotting/loping exhibitions for a year and her mare still isn't confident enough to go back to making runs yet.

Edit because I didn't see your above post. Keep us updating on how he works after the injections!

Edited by WrapN3MN 2018-09-13 1:28 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)