Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Gene Pool and Pink Buckle Incentives
Moderators: luluwhit, gotothewhip, crossspur, ForumAdmin

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-10-17 9:09 PM
40 replies, 1358 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

cowgirl156
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2018-10-17 9:09 PM (#7410851 - in reply to #7410218)
Subject: RE: Gene Pool and Pink Buckle Incentives

Elite Veteran

OregonBR - 2018-10-11 10:00 AM

pippy - 2018-10-11 7:16 AM

I fully believe in stallion incentives and PB is awesome! I wish the answer was YES, breeding a PROVEN, healthy mare to PB stallion will help the value of the foal and industry. I feel we all need to practice open mindedness and educate ourselves on a mares physical abilities and not just genetics. Opportunity that could benefit a broad field shouldn't be overlooked. I'm not saying a proven nobody bred mare is the answer, it just shouldn't be an automatic turnoff - there could be value.

The incentives CAN be awesome if you have the money to play. Mostly it's the riders/owner when they compete that come out ahead. The stallion owners are the ones footing the lions share of the bill year after year.

Just a thought. Just because a stallion has the luck to be owned by a person who can afford to pay them into the most expensive barrel incentive ever conceived, doesn't make that stallion worth anything to breed for a barrel racing prospect. I haven't studied the PB stallion list. But some of them haven't got foals on the ground, let alone anything performing on the track or the arena. Just because they might run on the track, doesn't make them automatically a barrel racing sire. Plus I think the stud fees on all those horses went up to cover the cost of the incentive. That's just how it has to be.

I think it's possible/probable that these PB eligible foals will have an inflated selling price based on the possibility they could earn more money in the PB races. But that's only one race a year. Obviously, people will have to weigh all the facts and choose for themselves. But expect to pay more for the stud fees and the foals in an artificially inflated market.

Well said!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)