Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
***OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA SIGN UP THREAD 2018***
Moderators: luluwhit, gotothewhip, crossspur, ForumAdmin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-10-17 11:25 AM
15 replies, 372 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

BHW_SECRET_SANTA
Reg. Oct 2014
Posted 2018-10-11 2:37 PM (#7410275)
Subject: ***OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA SIGN UP THREAD 2018***

Regular

Dearest friends,
The TRADITION continues!
Huge thank you to our past Secret Santa and a big "Hello!" from your new Secret Santa!
Things will run just as they did last year: Sign up on this thread answering the questions below, send a message to BHW_SECRET_SANTA including your real name and shipping information. Once you receive your Secret Santa partner let the shopping begin! Send all tracking info via PM to BHW_SECRET_SANTA once you receive it. A Thank You thread will be started in order for you to thank your newly revealed Secret Santa here on BHW. 

Questions to get you started are below. 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays To All!

-SS

1.) Would you prefer a gift for your home, yourself, or your horse/pets? 

2.) Please list your favorite (1) Horse's name, age, sizing, color you prefer them to wear, etc. 

3.) Please list your pets and other horses names, age,color they look best in etc. here. 

4.) Describe your home decor if you would prefer a gift for the home.  

5.) Describe a clothing item you have been eyeing but cannot bring yourself to purchase for yourself. (Feel free to PM BHW_SECRET_SANTA your size if you are not comfortable posting it here.

6.) Do you have children? Tell us a little bit about them. 

7.) List your top 3 favorite brands for grooming tools, blankets, and other small gear.

8.) List your top 3 favorite brands for treats for your horse, dog, or other pets. 

9.) List 3 things you DO NOT want, or have excess of. (Body brushes, curry combs, treats, boots, etc.)  

10.) List 3 things you need right now for your barn. ( Buckets, hoofpicks, leads, halters, grooming supplies, treats etc.)  

List any other comments or things we should know about you here. 

A few things to note

***If you are in Canada please specify this in your subject line so I can find you easier. Canadians will ship to Canadians. 

***If you are an NFR shopper please specify this in your message to allow you more time for shipping. 

***To sign up as an Emergency Elf please send a PM and include this in the subject line of your PM to make you easier to find.

***Gifts will be valued around $50.(If anyone wants to give extra feel free.

***Don't forget to include your username on your Christmas card***

***Last day to ship for non NFR shoppers is Dec 14th***
***Your Secret Santa name/address will be sent to you no later than Nov 7th via PM***

Edited by BHW_SECRET_SANTA 2018-10-11 2:40 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2018-10-11 2:56 PM (#7410283 - in reply to #7410275)
Subject: RE: ***OFFICIAL SECRET SANTA SIGN UP THREAD 2018***

A Somebody to Everybody

And now you guys can get down to the business of shopping 
TwistedK
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2018-10-11 3:42 PM (#7410290 - in reply to #7410275)

Bulls Eye

FUN!!! I'm debating on signing up. Still going through a LONG getting nasty divorce
mtcanchazer
Reg. Apr 2012
Posted 2018-10-11 9:18 PM (#7410308 - in reply to #7410275)

Total Germophobe

I will participate! :)  

1.) Would you prefer a gift for your home, yourself, or your horse/pets?  Prefer probably a gifts for horse, or pets, but am happy with anything. I do really like to read, so good books, especially self help books, will always be appreciated. 

2.) Please list your favorite (1) Horse's name, age, sizing, color you prefer them to wear, etc.    My "favorite" horse is Jett (Tommy Top Gun), 8 y/o grey AQHA gelding, he's a medium in almost everything...he looks good in almost any color, but I love orange and/or turquoise on him.

3.) Please list your pets and other horses names, age,color they look best in etc. here.  I have a mini/toy aussie named Quigley, he's a blue merle and almost 2 y/o. I also have a yearling gelding coming home, he's sorrel, but don't have any definite colors yet. His AQHA registered name is PA Otto Smoke Em, and I think his barn name will be Whizbang. My other animals are in transition currently. 

4.) Describe your home decor if you would prefer a gift for the home.   Ooh, I don't know. 

5.) Describe a clothing item you have been eyeing but cannot bring yourself to purchase for yourself. (Feel free to PM BHW_SECRET_SANTA your size if you are not comfortable posting it here.)   Can't really think of anything off the top of my head. I do love hooded sweatshirts, and I'm a small or medium.

6.) Do you have children? Tell us a little bit about them.  So far only kids are my animals. 

7.) List your top 3 favorite brands for grooming tools, blankets, and other small gear. I don't have any favorites...I guess maybe Classic Equine.

8.) List your top 3 favorite brands for treats for your horse, dog, or other pets.  My animals don't get a lot of treats.

9.) List 3 things you DO NOT want, or have excess of. (Body brushes, curry combs, treats, boots, etc.)   haha, is that possible? :P

10.) List 3 things you need right now for your barn. ( Buckets, hoofpicks, leads, halters, grooming supplies, treats etc.)   I can always use more leads and more one piece reins with snap ends for quick change. 

I love any and everything! I'm really trying to get my equine starting and barrel training/lessons/horse business off the ground besides my full time job. I love coffee and chocolate (not necessarily together, LOL). I'm looking at getting a new futurity colt. I can use any advice on time management out there. I love to read when I have the time. The best gift would be at least 2 extra daylight hours in the day (just kidding, I know that's not possible, LOL). 

Edited by mtcanchazer 2018-10-17 10:43 AM
blccwgl55
Reg. Dec 2012
Posted 2018-10-11 10:11 PM (#7410310 - in reply to #7410275)

Expert

-Either! I have a few things in mind if that helps! Lol

2.) Please list your favorite (1) Horse's name, age, sizing, color you prefer them to wear, etc.
-Hootch is my only horse and my favorite at that! He is a sorrel Quarter Horse aged at around 15 years old. I love him in natural colors (browns, tans, etc) and blue!

3.) Please list your pets and other horses names, age,color they look best in etc. here.
-My baby is a white/Blonde 11lb mixed breed (terrier/poodle) named Bradley who is 6 and looks cute in blues and greens.
-His brother (my SO's dog) is a 40lb Vizsla named Maverick who is 3 and also looks cute in blues and greens.
-Hens of all breeds!

-Country "homey", plaids, western, primitive.

5.) Describe a clothing item you have been eyeing but cannot bring yourself to purchase for yourself. (Feel free to PM BHW_SECRET_SANTA your size if you are not comfortable posting it here.)
-Hmmm well I don't have to have anything new but I love the looks of Carhartt no-hood pullovers in neutral colors as well as their thin , almost like rain jacket material but softer, button ups. FarmHer stuff is cute too. I wear a small.

-No just my fur/feather babies!

7.) List your top 3 favorite brands for grooming tools, blankets, and other small gear.
-Anything is fine with me!

8.) List your top 3 favorite brands for treats for your horse, dog, or other pets.
-Anything grain free and low sugar.

9.) List 3 things you DO NOT want, or have excess of. (Body brushes, curry combs, treats, boots, etc.)
-I honestly don't need any ordinary horsey supplies but I'm appreciative of anything.

10.) List 3 things you need right now for your barn. ( Buckets, hoofpicks, leads, halters, grooming supplies, treats etc.)
-Another rawhide "bitless" noseband that I could attach to a headstall. The chin piece is a long piece of rawhide that goes through the rings on each side of the cheek and has a ring to attach the reins.
-A smaller pommel trail bag or fanny pack I could use to strap to the front of my Natural Ride bareback saddle.
-A good hoof rasp.

-I'm a WVU grad that works in agriculture.
-I love coffee in the morning and wine in the evening!
-I like to attempt to cook. Lol. And like the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks.

Excited this is still a go this year
mcorcoran
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2018-10-12 7:47 AM (#7410318 - in reply to #7410275)

Expert

1. Would you prefer a gift for your home, yourself, or your horse/pets? Either/Any!

2. 2.) Please list your favorite (1) Horse's name, age, sizing, color you prefer them to wear, etc. 
Bullys Easyonthe Eyes aka Blue
Sorrel Paint
Size medium
He looks handsome in any color!

My other main horse is a black and white paint named Whiskey, we don’t barrel race, but have been dabbling in endurance riding this past year and we love it! She is a size small.
And my fur baby is our 7ish year old mix dog Nova. Grandma is her favorite person and she just puts up with the rest of us! HAHAHA

Oh a little of this and a little of that, LOL. Love the color turquoise. Husband is big into hunting so the horses and the wildlife are mixed in together.

5.) Describe a clothing item you have been eyeing but cannot bring yourself to purchase for yourself. (Feel free to PM BHW_SECRET_SANTA your size if you are not comfortable posting it here.
I usually get all my clothes at 2nd hand places. But I’m a sucker for a good pair of earrings! Anything goes!

Not of the human kind! HA!

Oh I don’t really have any go to brands, if its quality made and made locally even better.

Treats, what are those? LOL. But for real, usually any candy canes left over from Christmas or any apples that start going bad in the fridge is a treat for the ponies. As for Nova, we shed hunt and she will get a set of antlers about 1x a year.

9.) List 3 things you DO NOT want, or have excess of. (Body brushes, curry combs, treats, boots, etc.)  
Um, I don’t drink coffee and I dislike anything vanilla flavored/scented. Otherwise the ponies don’t mind!

10.) List 3 things you need right now for your barn. ( Buckets, hoofpicks, leads, halters, grooming supplies, treats etc.)  
My boy Blue has really sensitive skin, so anything grooming wise I’m always eyeing up to see if it would be gentle enough for him. I cleaned out the rear tack in my trailer this last week and could for sure use anything to help organize that mess! Bucket straps are always useful. Any first aid items- horse or human! Winter is coming to WI and toe warmers are always appreciated!
ecranch
Reg. Dec 2012
Posted 2018-10-12 10:09 AM (#7410339 - in reply to #7410275)

Elite Veteran

I look forward to this every year, so happy the tradition is continuing!

* Horse/Pets

2.) Please list your favorite (1) Horse's name, age, sizing, color you prefer them to wear, etc.
* Bugs, AQHA, 15.2hh, 15 year old, grey, gelding that is all heart! He loves to rock cheetah!

3.) Please list your pets and other horses names, age, color they look best in etc. here.
* Firewater Flit grandson weanling colt, grey - loads of personality!
* Gauge (Labrador) - AKC champion show dog (I use a black show lead for him)
* Leo (Tibetan Spaniel) - 4 month old puppy just starting his show career (I use a red show lead for him)

* Rustic / Western

5.) Describe a clothing item you have been eyeing but cannot bring yourself to purchase for yourself.
* I usually buy what I am after, but I love fun earrings! (ex. feathers, arrows, cheetah print leather, etc.)
* Clothing size Medium

* Yes! Two spoiled little girls (ages 9 & 4) that are horse crazy! They love to be outside playing with their animals. (If purchasing for the kiddos - you can never have to many hats and gloves!)

* I don’t have a favorite really, but I do like my Classic Equine, Rambo and PHT.

* Horses - Probios soft chews (they LOVE these and it benefits them)
* Dogs - Greenies

* I do not like the scent evergreen.
* Anything with skulls/sugar skulls

* For some reason I am low on halter/leads!
* Hay bags - would love some more of these!!
* SleekEz brush

* I LOVE fall scent/winter scent candles and wallflowers from Bath & Body! I try to stock up every black Friday to last me a year!
* I love any and all things caramel!
* Frequent Starbucks drinker!
* My Shiloh saddle is in need of some new conchos!
moapajetrider
Reg. Sep 2009
Posted 2018-10-12 12:04 PM (#7410359 - in reply to #7410275)

Expert

Not to picky surprise me ;

2.) Please list your favorite (1) Horse's name, age, sizing, color you prefer them to wear, etc. 

RCS Zan Parr Dunit (Buck), 7 yo, very dark sooty buckskin, 78-81, Kelly Green, loves cookies

6 cats of varying size, age , color, personality 
2 yo white faced border collie, Nancy 35lbs of cuteness loves squeaky toys 

Rustic Ranch ;

5.) Describe a clothing item you have been eyeing but cannot bring yourself to purchase for yourself. (Feel free to PM BHW_SECRET_SANTA your size if you are not comfortable posting it here.

A new sweatshirt haha I really just need to go shopping but who has time? SZ medium  OR cute T Shirt

7 yo boy loves hunting,dirt work, ranching and science
4 yo boy loves hunting, cowboying, and dirt
Due with our third March 2019

Oh geez I generally dont get to picky. I tend to try different things about all I have for specific is 
Ezall detangler and fiebings hoof oil 

Omega chews or the butterscotch flavor of the common brand for the ponies, Nancy gets blue buffalo snacks (she has seizures so i try to avoid anything that may be a trigger)  

9.) List 3 things you DO NOT want, or have excess of. (Body brushes, curry combs, treats, boots, etc.

Oh I'll take it all haha I have two small children that walk off with everything  

10.) List 3 things you need right now for your barn. ( Buckets, hoofpicks, leads, halters, grooming supplies, treats etc.)  

Bathing sponges 
Coffee cups or mugs ( i really need a new one)
Tail bags

List any comments we should know about you?
I am a book worm and Im always cold haha
Dayle Hickman
Reg. Oct 2017
Posted 2018-10-12 2:28 PM (#7410372 - in reply to #7410275)

I would prefer a gift for my horse or pets but I would be grateful for anything.

Smokin Rocks Hotty ( Hotty ) She is 11 years old. Wears a medium. She is a dark bay and looks best in purple, brown and white.

I have two other horses.. Cosmo the sorrel cowpony and Lucille the black walking horse. I also have 4 dogs.. a blue heeler female (Birdie), red heeler female (Mattie), basset/Black lab mix female (Stella) and a chocolate lab male (Moose). OH and I cant forget my mini pig Rooty!

Rustic and Horsey. Neutral colors.

5.) Describe a clothing item you have been eyeing but cannot bring yourself to purchase for yourself. (Feel free to PM BHW_SECRET_SANTA your size if you are not comfortable posting it here.)

No kids.. just have the fur babies.

I'm not real picky but I like Classic Equine a lot.

They aren't picky.. They love all treats!

I'm not picky, I would be happy with anything!

I could use any of the above! I really need some Bell Boots.

I have RBF
I am not a fan of coffee
My favorite color is purple
I like candles/wax melts
Love anything Muletape
My saddle and tack is chocolate roughout and white buckstich

MissMary2277
Reg. Jun 2013
Posted 2018-10-12 2:47 PM (#7410374 - in reply to #7410275)

Veteran

-That's tough! But I would say home or horse.

-So hard to choose just one...both my boys are rockstars to me but:
Sir Moons A Lark aka "Coop" "Cooper" "Super Cooper" or "Super Pooper" when he decides his water bucket is a toilet
he's a 7 year old tall boy, 16'2 and wears a large in bell boots/splint boots
he's sorrel, all my tack is pretty neutral but i love a good bright bell boot for a POP of color

- Pay Me High aka "Champ" (he's the one in my profile pic)
he's a 13 year old line back dun or a "dunskin" so to speak.
he, like Cooper , wears neutrals but any color really pops
He is also a bigger dude, not quite as tall as Coop, but a stocky tank....he's thicker than a snicker if we're being honest
he also wears a large in bells and splints

- We are in the process of buying our farm we've been renting for the past year (YAY ) so its a mix of rustic / modern farmhouse decor throughout with a few deer heads, large mouth bass, and duck mounts hanging out on the walls. Also have a "gallery wall" I've been working on....I like to call it my cluster F%^& wall... it consists of canvas quotes, a few rusty bits on burlap canvas and some metal TN signs (Go Vols). If you see something that I could throw on the wall, that would be neat to receive too!

- I really don't know that there's anything in particular I've been eyeing .... I'd rather decorate my house or my horses haha but I think a saddle sack would be awesome to have! I tend to trail ride my two quite a bit in between barrel races.

- No children and no plans to have children. The mister and I just plan to have and raise the four legged babies.

-I'm not brand specific...you can never have too many hoof picks, brushes or combs or packs of rubber bands! I also LOVE having the plain simple nylon one ear headstalls

-My boys LOVE manna-pro apple nuggets from Valley Vet (or co-op)
- Aspen, my rat terrier, loves any kind of chicken flavored treat & Buddy, our border collie mix loves everything....literally.

- polos are pretty but i just don't use them

-New barn new everything! any kind of barn necessity would be much appreciated, buckets, leads, halters, I'll gladly take any of that!

- I LOVE candles or wax melts
- I also like to read, when I can find a moment
- I suffer from hardcore RBF at times.... but I promise I'm friendly!
BHW_SECRET_SANTA
Reg. Oct 2014
Posted 2018-10-12 3:35 PM (#7410377 - in reply to #7410275)

Regular

Good Afternoon BBs!

Please remember after posting to this thread to PM me your real name and shipping information so that I can match you with a Secret Santa and as a Secret Santa after sign ups have ended.
If I do not have this information, you won't be able to participate in giving or getting. 
Also, I have a few ELves that have signed up and I'm so grateful to have them, but if you are wanting to be an elf so that no one gets Grinched, PM me for details or to sign up! 

Thank you kindly, 
-SS 

dianea
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2018-10-13 11:06 AM (#7410425 - in reply to #7410275)

Extreme Veteran

Anything is fine, but I would pick home last, as I'm seldom there. I work a lot of hours and divide my
time between my house and my SO's.

Zee is a six year old, 15 hand, sooty buckskin, and the most underworked and overpaid horse in the
state, I think. She is built like a Sherman tank (hence her nickname of Fatgirl). We don't
barrel race, but she goes with me to rodeos (I time) and we dink around and run stock through. Her
"job" is to check and gather cattle, when life permits. She's a cow eating machine. We don't really do
bling on her, and her colors are usually burgundy, black, and red depending on what I grab and what
I'm wearing.

Ruger is my Catahoula, and my third child. He is over 100#, and in my profile pic. He is seven and my
self appointed guardian and baby.

Calfdog is my red Angus calf. I have raised him from a day old. He was a twin, momma wouldn't take
him, and we fought a hard battle to keep him alive. He was my first bottle calf I bought (think I'm up to
16, most weaned or on a nurse cow). He thinks I'm his momma, comes in the house (yes he knows to go
out to use the bathroom), and generally rules the Circle K Bar (my SO's place). I love all my cattle, but
he has a special place in my heart and won't be sold. He even has a personalized eartag. So, I'll wind
up with a 1000# steer in the house. He's stunted a bit - not sure if he'll outgrow it, and that's fine with
me. He already wears a saddle and will be hauling with us next summer for fun!

Overall feel is mud, dust, and dog hair, with touches of western and rustic.

I'm a jewelry whore and addicted to 1921 Designs (on Facebook) or anything western. I so want a white
turquoise squash blossom necklace. I found some on ebay really reasonable. I also love earrings!

Shirts with cute sayings, especially cattle related and things like "faith", "blessed" etc. Tees, long
sleeves, hoodies..all of them! I wear a size small.

My son is a junior in college and a combo jock/intellectual. He studies history/Spanish out east at
Haverford, but is currently abroad for a semester in Argentina. My daughter (the career rodeo queen
many of you have seen me post about) is a freshman at Yale with a chemical engineering major.
Yup...they both turned out fantastic!! Both are planning on being home for Christmas too!

I don't have any fave brands really.

Our horses aren't allowed treats. The dogs occasionally get Canine Carryouts and milkbone type bones
or if I see a special on safe, homemade doggie treats at a rodeo I might grab some. Calfdog (and all
our cattle) love LOVE bread (white not wheat, go figure). They prob get treats more often than any! The
calves get apples, peaches and pears when the trees had fruit. Apples are there fave - I thought about
trying apple horse treats someday for them.

Can't really think of anything. Over the years my brushes have wandered off at rodeos, along with a lot
of other things wearing out or breaking and us "getting by"

I don't have a barn LOL - the horses rough it in a big pasture. BUT, my brushes have walked off and I
desperately need a new hay bag. Kept meaning to buy one this summer and never did. Sewed the mesh
where it had torn with baling twine at a rodeo and made it the rest of year. Redneck at it's finest.
Bucket straps would be AWESOME too!

*Coffee and wine are life (moscato d asti).
*Now that my kids are in college I'm fulfilling some momma goals. Working with Zee, buying cattle
(think I have 22ish now with pairs, weanlings, and bottle babies), finishing my degree online.
*I'm office manager at our local sale barn, which is one of the biggest in the state, and I LOVE it. So I
wear a lot of westerny clothes and jewelry and work a LOT of hours November through May.
*I HATE being cold. And I'm cold if it's below 80°
*My Facebook profile is public - feel free to stalk or just check out pics of my amazing Calfdog, Ruger,
Zee, kids, and this life I'm loving so much! Edited to add: Diane Albrecht
*I'm feeling like a real grown up - got my own brand registered! We use my SO's for most things, but
my cattle will carry my brand, I have a bracelet with it, and it is going on a couple jackets. Kinda on a
kick with it now. I say Shining D.

Edited by dianea 2018-10-13 11:37 AM

(Calfdog.jpg)

(Zee.jpg)

(Shining D.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Calfdog.jpg (9KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments Zee.jpg (8KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments Shining D.png (1KB - 0 downloads)
barrelchick617
Reg. Jul 2011
Posted 2018-10-15 1:30 PM (#7410572 - in reply to #7410275)

Veteran

1.) Would you prefer a gift for your home, yourself, or your horse/pets? Either me or my horses/pets

I cant say I have a favorite one, so I'll give info on my favorite two (of the four)
Blitz 9 year old Liver Chestnut QH. Size 78 in blankets, Medium SMB's, Med or Large bell boots, normal horse size everything else. Her main color is Lime Green. Shes been laid off since February with a soft tissue injury low in her foot. Shes just coming back to being worked and legged back up to get back to running. Fingers crossed everything goes well!! Blitz likes cookies, but has to be careful because she is allergic to corn, so the only ones I've found that she can have safely is haystacks berry treats.
Duke 17 year old Dark Bay (almost Black) QH. Size 81 in blankets, Medium SMB's, Large bell boots, normal to larger horse size everything else. I just purchased him from my sister this last month (I've been running him since my mare got hurt and decided to just go ahead and buy him from her) I dont have much for him since most of my stuff is for Blitz. So I've started running him in turquoise/"pacific blue" SMB's and whatever bell boots I have that somewhat match. I just bought him two pairs of bell boots at the last race I was at and they are the professionals choice paisley patterned with turquoise velcro and the professionals choice longhorn patterned with turquoise velcro. I'm kinda liking the turquoise and orange ones too, but they didnt have any in his size. He does need a new halter.. Liking muletape, and especially beaded noseband muletape halters. (Blitz already has one). He also likes pht magnets and BOT stuff. I've been using most of Blitz's stuff with him since he doesnt really have anything of his own yet! Duke is a cookie hound, and has no allergies, so any cookies are good cookies in his book. Like seriously, cookies are life to him, so far his favorites are Nickermakers.

Other horses aka freeloaders/retirees: Rocky and Tucker. Rocky is 14 year old cremello QH, half brother to Blitz. Was hoping to have him become her back up, but not sure he's really got it in him to enjoy barrel racing. He did have a rough past with a prior owner, so hes tough to work with. 14 going on about 3 mentally. So he is kinda just a freeloader without a job but still very much loved. My retiree is Tucker, 19 year old palomino QH. He was retired at about 14 after fracturing his hock. His biggest worry in life is when breakfast is late. He doesnt really need anything but love, and he gets a ton of that!
As far as other pets, we have 3 dogs: Jordan, Tiffany and Perla. Jordan is a 12 year old blue heeler. Hes the king of the house/property and my main road-dog. He did get trampled/struck by a horse earlier this year and broke his nose, so he has a slightly different profile than he used to, and is spoiled beyond belief. Jordan is the one who comes out to the barn with me and helps me with chores, he babysits the new barn kittens when we get some, helps me secretary races, and is my travel companion. Tiffany is a 7 year old yellow lab. She is the happiest dog anyone will ever meet! She is also called the princess, cuz she will find the most comfortable spot anywhere and sleep there. If there's a stack of pillows on top of a mattress, she'll be on top of the pillows to sleep! Perla is our 5 year old kelpie mix? We adopted her from Cabo when we were on vacation there. She is our wild child, but the most snuggly of the three. If there is a spot somewhere in the house where the sun is shining in, she will be sleeping there. She also loves sand. When she can find a sun spot where she can dig herself a hole in some sand, she would be in heaven!! Tiffany and Perla dont travel quite as much with me, but they get to go sometimes, especially on longer trips when my husband tags along!

My home decor is pretty western/cabin like... Dont really need much tho - we have a small (750 sq ft) home, so not much room for "things". I do enjoy picture frames though!

I love hoodies - pretty much live in them! So any hoodies that are barrel racer themed or theres one that has "I run on caffeine, horses and cuss words" that I'd love to have. I'm a womens size medium to sometimes large, depending on fit. I also do need some cute button up western shirts, mostly turquoise for running Duke. I have a fair amount of lime green ones for Blitz, but wouldn't be opposed to either! Again, usually size medium to large. I've been getting more larges lately just to make sure they're loose enough to race in. Love wild rags.. Pretty much any fun prints with turquoise/blu-ish and/or lime green.

No two legged children

Favorite blankets are weatherbeeta (hands down), professionals choice SMB's, professionals choice or classic equine bell boots,

Blitz favorite treats: Haystacks berry treats (has corn allergy)
Duke favorite treats: Nickermakers
Dogs like pretty much anything!

Is this even possible?!!?!?

Duke needs a new halter (hoping for a muletape with turquoise/pacific blue colored, maybe beaded or something fun)
Haybags are always nice to have - can never have too many!! Loving the new pineapple print that professionals choice came out with!!!
Bell boots and SMB's are always nice too! Getting more into the fun prints with Duke. Blitz pretty much keeps to the solid lime green or maybe printed bells as long as they match with lime green. lol!

Feel free to friend me or stalk me on fb. Niki Davila
Love hot chocolate and iced (and sometimes hot) tea. Dont drink coffee, but love starbucks
Love chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream (or most ice cream in general)
Love pumpkin flavored pretty much anything
I'd love to get a new purse.. Something smaller-ish (like 8-10ish inches) cross body, western/cacti/aztec/pendleton style (fringe is meh, not a no, but not a huge fan either)

Edited by barrelchick617 2018-10-15 1:34 PM
Turnburnsis
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2018-10-16 10:01 AM (#7410662 - in reply to #7410275)

Elite Veteran

1.) Would you prefer a gift for your home, yourself, or your horse/pets? Any

2.) Please list your favorite (1) Horse's name, age, sizing, color you prefer them to wear, etc. Horse: Cmego, Dually colors white and torquise Avg. size horses

3.) Please list your pets and other horses names, age,color they look best in etc. here. Weenie Dogs, Horses see above

4.) Describe your home decor if you would prefer a gift for the home. Rustic

5.) Describe a clothing item you have been eyeing but cannot bring yourself to purchase for yourself. (Feel free to PM BHW_SECRET_SANTA your size if you are not comfortable posting it here.) anything comfortable! lol

6.) Do you have children? Tell us a little bit about them. just hubby, horses and dogs lol

7.) List your top 3 favorite brands for grooming tools, blankets, and other small gear. if it good product I love no matter brand

8.) List your top 3 favorite brands for treats for your horse, dog, or other pets. no preference my horses do love peppermint

9.) List 3 things you DO NOT want, or have excess of. (Body brushes, curry combs, treats, boots, etc.) hmmm don't know

10.) List 3 things you need right now for your barn. ( Buckets, hoofpicks, leads, halters, grooming supplies, treats etc.) Want to try the nose clips to take the place of flair strips for horses.

List any other comments or things we should know about you here. I love homemade things, other peoples favorite things, just bout anything!
BHW_SECRET_SANTA
Reg. Oct 2014
Posted 2018-10-17 9:53 AM (#7410748 - in reply to #7410275)

Regular

Friendly BUMP for those who are thinking about signing up.
JOIN US!
The friends you meet here are lifelong!
-SS 

Jazz's Girl
Reg. Apr 2013
Posted 2018-10-17 11:25 AM (#7410765 - in reply to #7410275)

Extreme Veteran

I am so excited! This is probably the most excited I get for the holidays is doing SS!

A mix

I only have 2 and they are identical. At first glance, its hard to tell them apart.
Jazz and Chick are both sorrel mares with blazes. Both stand about 14.2. Jazz is 17 and CHick is 10. Wear medium boots. Size 78' blankets. Colors aren't a big deal. I like darker colors. Not really a fan of the bright colors.

Other than the 2 ponies, we have 3 dogs. 2 heelers and a Texas Heeler.
Spur is my TH. He's a 3 yr old blue merle with 1 blue eye and 1 brown eye.
Lizzy is my husbands dog. Shes a 12 yr old blue heeler.
Aggie is the other dog.... Shes a 6 yr old overweight red heeler.

We live in an RV so there isn't much décor in there. My husband and I lean more towards a western/rustic theme.

I love hoodies! Size medium. I also love ball caps. My favorite one is wearing out. It says fear the little red mare. I LOVE that hat!

No 2 legged kids.

I am not picky on much but I prefer Professional Choice when it comes to sports boots. But CE for polos. LOL Not picky on bells.

My dogs have me trained. They get a milkbone every time I leave. Treats for the horses are usually whatever is on sale. Jazz loves peppermints so I keep a bag on hand for her :)

I don't need brushes or grooming supplies.

I board so space is limited. I usually buy it if I need it.

My husband and I love coffee. He just bought us a Kuerig so we've been experimenting with different flavored coffees. Im pretty boring. I hate being cold and winter is my least favorite time of the year. I usually look like an eskimo in the winter!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software