Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Instructor Help!!!!!!
Moderators: ForumAdmin, gotothewhip, crossspur

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-10-17 10:50 AM
4 replies, 327 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Teen Talk
Refresh
Message format

Keira Lappe
Reg. Oct 2018
Posted 2018-10-15 11:32 AM (#7410559)
Subject: Instructor Help!!!!!!

I'm having so much trouble with what I want to be doing right now instructor wise. So I've been with my current instructor since I first started riding. So for about 9ish years. I lease one of her horses too. Since I've started to right now, she has completely dropped barrel racing and gymkhana and went into mounted archery. I love barrel racing and its really my dream sport and I just see archery as a hobby. She's really not willing to take us to shows and jackpots. I really, really wanna show. The closest thing we do is a series of fun shows in the winter which isn't competitive enough for me. However,... theres no one in my area that does barrel racing at all except for like the very few handful. But my instructor get very very salty and starts talking behind your back if you leave her. I really don know what to do anymore. I want to show but I wanna stay with her. What do I do???????
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
streakysox
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2018-10-15 3:16 PM (#7410587 - in reply to #7410559)
Subject: RE: Instructor Help!!!!!!

Take a Picture

First of all, not very professional to talk behind your back. Do what makes you happy.
turnthree
Reg. Oct 2016
Posted 2018-10-15 3:22 PM (#7410589 - in reply to #7410559)

Why don't you have an honest conversation with her and tell her how you feel and how much you want to barrel race. Maybe she doesn't understand the importance of it to you. After speaking with her, if she still doesn't want to help you barrel race than maybe you can ask her to refer you to someone else who can help you. I cannot imagine her being upset with you for simply wanting to continue barrel racing.
Keira Lappe
Reg. Oct 2018
Posted 2018-10-16 7:55 AM (#7410637 - in reply to #7410559)

I really wish it was that simple to be honest. She tells us its ok if we move onto to learn more but then she goes and when someone moves on she starts talking behind or backs. its like sometimes she's really nice and over days its just not good days.
turnthree
Reg. Oct 2016
Posted 2018-10-17 10:50 AM (#7410759 - in reply to #7410559)

I would have to agree then with what streakysox said above... That's not very professional, and honestly, that alone would make me want to find someone else to ride with. It's tough sometimes to move on but sometimes we have to do whats best for us and make decisions that align with our goals. Good luck! I hope you can find someone more positive who can help you barrel race!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software