Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Hemp seed oil
Moderators: luluwhit, gotothewhip, crossspur, ForumAdmin

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-11-13 10:58 AM
61 replies, 2218 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Silverchex
Reg. Jan 2011
Posted 2018-11-12 11:51 PM (#7413131 - in reply to #7412227)
Subject: RE: Hemp seed oil

I get mine from BioStar because their stuff is always responsibly sourced. Their hemp seed oil comes from Canadian fields. They also carry a CBD blend called Receptor EQ. Here's some info and a video link from BioStar about Hemp Seed Oil vs their Camelina Oil (a high source of Omega 3s).

Empower EQ
Hemp Seed Oil for Horses
Empower EQ™ is cold-pressed hemp seed oil, a nutritional storehouse of essential fatty acids and antioxidants.Our hemp oil for horses contains no THC, and provides a balance of omega 3, 6 and 9, plus vitamin E, vitamin A, and GLA (gamma-linolenic acid). Hemp seed oil provides naturally occurring phospholipids, which may play a role in athletic performance.

Empower EQ™ is extracted through a special press and is not subjected to high-heat processing or solvent extraction like vegetable, corn, soy, and rice bran oils. Due to the vibrancy and quality of this oil for horses, only 1-2 ounces once or twice per day is needed.
https://www.biostarus.com/products/empower-eq

The video tells the difference between Hemp Seed Oil and their Camelina Oil (high in omega 3s) and what conditions you should feed them for both dogs and horses.
https://youtu.be/vLiss6-rEY0

Edited by Silverchex 2018-11-13 12:13 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
LabRat
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2018-11-13 10:58 AM (#7413186 - in reply to #7412227)
Subject: RE: Hemp seed oil

Extreme Veteran

When I started comparing hemp oil, I realized Elite Three was the best choice for my horses. It’s important to educate yourself on the differences, especially where the oil is made and how it's handled.
Elite Three is pressed fresh, and they leave all the sediment and particulates in their oil (unfiltered). Most companies separate the particulates out, and some even repackage the particulates and sediment and market as a separate "supplement".
With Elite Three, it all stays in the oil. This makes it a more expensive product, but it is higher in GLA, nutrient content and calories.
Some hemp oil is sold to the the human market until it’s too old not to be, then it is sold to the animal market. Elite Three was the only company I found to press fresh specifically for animals (but still human grade standards).
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software