Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
What is off limits on BHW
Moderators: luluwhit, gotothewhip, crossspur, ForumAdmin

Jump to page : < ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Now viewing page 9 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-12-10 12:41 PM
177 replies, 7201 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

cpo61
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2018-12-08 11:28 PM (#7415841 - in reply to #7415530)
Subject: RE: What is off limits on BHW

Not sure why people don's want to use their name or initials. Everyone lives in different cities and states
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cpo61
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2018-12-08 11:30 PM (#7415842 - in reply to #7415661)

Settle down. good grief. Really. This is the reason POLITICAL POSTS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED.

Gator Bug
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2018-12-09 4:37 AM (#7415843 - in reply to #7415841)

Extreme Veteran

cpo61 - 2018-12-08 11:28 PM Not sure why people don's want to use their name or initials. Everyone lives in different cities and states

I'm sorry, I did mean to add my name at the end of my post and I didn't. 

Gator Bug = Leah Roberts
Bear
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2018-12-09 10:55 AM (#7415856 - in reply to #7415842)

BHW Resident Surgeon

cpo61 - 2018-12-08 11:30 PM

Settle down. good grief. Really. This is the reason POLITICAL POSTS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED.

Obviously, over the years, this forum has a place where discussions have never been limited to horse-related topics or barrel racing.
With a few exceptions, threads have not been restricted. We’ve talked about movies, the weather, baseball, marriage, war, divorce, crime, money, investing, healthcare, and, yes, politics. In the past, attempts to limit, separate, or compartmentalize political debate and discussion has failed. Every day we log onto BHW we see at the top of the page in red letters, “click to return to politigab”, just like that rusty old 1954 Studebaker sitting in the woods on your grandpa’s farm. I wish I had a dollar for every time someone needed this reminder: “If you don’t like political threads, don’t read them.” Seems simple enough, but, like clockwork, some people need periodic reminding.

As much as I dislike politics, I recognize that one of the biggest threats to our freedom and prosperity is apathy. Apathy, in the form of selective censorship aimed at political posts is something our enemies would applaud. Our politicians need to have their feet held to the fire. Nothing is more impactful on our way of life than our laws and how we are governed....including every single aspect of............(drum roll).....barrel racing.
jbhoot
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2018-12-09 11:40 AM (#7415860 - in reply to #7415842)

Proud to be Deplorable

cpo61 - 2018-12-08 11:30 PM

And I for one agree with the owners of this site Dave and Gail. I refer you to what they have both posted on this subject.

Edited by jbhoot 2018-12-09 12:06 PM
Gator Bug
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2018-12-09 11:42 AM (#7415862 - in reply to #7415842)

Extreme Veteran

cpo61 - 2018-12-08 11:30 PM Settle down. good grief. Really. This is the reason POLITICAL POSTS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED.

I think the thread has been extremely civil...a really great conversation. 
NJJ
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2018-12-09 12:36 PM (#7415868 - in reply to #7415856)

Military family

Fact Checker

Bear - 2018-12-09 10:55 AM
cpo61 - 2018-12-08 11:30 PM Settle down. good grief. Really. This is the reason POLITICAL POSTS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED.
Obviously, over the years, this forum has a place where discussions have never been limited to horse-related topics or barrel racing. With a few exceptions, threads have not been restricted. We’ve talked about movies, the weather, baseball, marriage, war, divorce, crime, money, investing, healthcare, and, yes, politics. In the past, attempts to limit, separate, or compartmentalize political debate and discussion has failed. Every day we log onto BHW we see at the top of the page in red letters, “click to return to politigab”, just like that rusty old 1954 Studebaker sitting in the woods on your grandpa’s farm. I wish I had a dollar for every time someone needed this reminder: “If you don’t like political threads, don’t read them.” Seems simple enough, but, like clockwork, some people need periodic reminding. As much as I dislike politics, I recognize that one of the biggest threats to our freedom and prosperity is apathy. Apathy, in the form of selective censorship aimed at political posts is something our enemies would applaud. Our politicians need to have their feet held to the fire. Nothing is more impactful on our way of life than our laws and how we are governed....including every single aspect of............(drum roll).....barrel racing.

I agree that political threads should NOT be censored as long as they stay on subject, civil and most refrain from getting ugly with the other side. I have participated in those threads. The statement "If you don't like the political threads, pass on reading that one" is correct .....However, that being said, THIS thread is a perfect example of what, more than likely, irritates those who do not like political posts....... MANY times, threads about the wide variety of subjects are "hijacked" into a POLITICAL discussion.
Bear
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2018-12-09 1:29 PM (#7415870 - in reply to #7413316)

BHW Resident Surgeon

Threads getting hijacked or sidetracked happens all the time. Those instances are not uniquely political. It happens in written conversation, just as it happens in verbal conversation. The very nature of politics is such that “civility” is, at best, fleeting, and usually the first casualty in political battles is civility. Good luck in finding a political debate that is civil. It’s never been civil.
Ask Alexander Hamilton.
Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2018-12-09 2:05 PM (#7415875 - in reply to #7413316)

A Somebody to Everybody

No matter how civil a political thread starts out theres always that someone that will come in and ruin it for everyone. Happens all the time 
Bear
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2018-12-09 2:18 PM (#7415876 - in reply to #7415875)

BHW Resident Surgeon

I understand what you are saying, Roxie, but I’ve never looked at it that way. If it’s someone with whom I disagree, I look at it as an opportunity to showcase why I disagree.
Ronald Reagan summarized it best when he said, “The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2018-12-09 2:27 PM (#7415877 - in reply to #7415876)

A Somebody to Everybody

Bear - 2018-12-09 2:18 PM I understand what you are saying, Roxie, but I’ve never looked at it that way. If it’s someone with whom I disagree, I look at it as an opportunity to showcase why I disagree. Ronald Reagan summarized it best when he said, “The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”

You are so right Bear I didnt think of it that way, and you know me I will voice my opinion as well if its something that I dont agree with if its way out there. But then we have some that troll these political threads just so they can stir the pot.. and they dont even hang out here unless its to start stiring, lol, {then all of a sudden here they are} and under a new name..  
Mecon
Reg. May 2017
Posted 2018-12-09 9:40 PM (#7415914 - in reply to #7415840)

Chandler's Mom - 2018-12-08 8:52 PM

Bear - 2018-12-08 8:17 PM

Gator Bug, that was a fantastic post. I don’t see how anyone could dispute anything you said. You are missing the real issue here, in my opinion, and here’s what I mean. Like so many issues tainted with the stench of politics, this debate over gun control is not one where a solution is desired. Read it again.....that’s right. The politicians don’t want the issue to be resolved. They want it to continue on and on and on. In so doing, the topic provides a perpetual distraction for politicians, so their feet cannot be held to he fire on issues that are critical, for which real definitive solutions are desperately needed.

Lets’s just be real honest here. We have had lots of guns in this country since it’s inception. We have 300-400 million of them in the country. For 229 years we have had lots of guns. For a century we have had “assault rifles”. I own a semiautomatic M1 carbine that my dad used in the South Pacific, about 75 years ago. I have 30 round magazines. It is lightweight, compact, deadly, and fires as rapidly as any AR-15. There are countless examples of weapons that are just as deadly as an AR-15. You explained this beautifully. If I had to pick a weapon to defend myself in an urban setting, I’d prefer the M1, actually.

The problem is that the opposition is programmed to focus in on defeating the “evil” NRA and “evil” guns. They won’t focus on the real problem......evil people, and the underlying cause of their evil inclinations. There is comparatively little discussion of factors that compel people to engage in mass killings.
Has the opiate crisis been linked or implicated?
Does our entertainment industry contribute?
Does social media contribute?
Are we in need of more emphasis on mental health professionals?
Are we increasingly spiritually deficient?
Are our kids over exposed to video games that have an impact?
Are we disciplining our kids inadequately?
Speaking of kids, what about today’s child rearing practices?
How are kids taught to cope with failure and peer pressure?
How are kids taught to accept “losing”, be it academically, socially, or athletically?
Is there any correlation with the increasing trends toward a more secular society?

Politically speaking, these nuances are not useful. That’s the problem.

What some amazing posts these last few have been; intelligence on display. Very well said and right on the money

Thank you. That our country, or at least certain sectors anyway, is in ethical and cultural freefall cannot be disputed. The cynicism of
“profits above all else”, has eroded our historical cultural norms of decency, stewardship, elevated art and entertainment (as opposed to reality-tv pandering to the most base of interests of the drooling masses), medical professionals more concerned with healing than money, socially responsible leaders, the education of children and honoring of educators, and discernment in general. I’m wondering if our corn foundered diets & rampant obesity, every 3rd person on anti-depressants, ignorant consumerism, tipplers at the trough of bigotry and hatred of the “other”, and so forth, hasn’t finally reached a tipping point of a citizenry incapable of independent thought and ordinary compassion.
I found it interesting how my query about refugees knocking on the door got redefined as sanctioning illegal immigration. Our borders cannot be porous, obviously. And I am sorry for those of you who have had bad experiences. But the beastly approach this Beastly administration has taken to the problem must be curtailed, sooner rather than later. Better minds and better people, sooner rather than later, problem solving on this issue.
Bear
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2018-12-09 10:29 PM (#7415919 - in reply to #7415914)

BHW Resident Surgeon

Mecon - 2018-12-09 9:40 PM

Bear - 2018-12-08 8:17 PM

Gator Bug, that was a fantastic post. I don’t see how anyone could dispute anything you said. You are missing the real issue here, in my opinion, and here’s what I mean. Like so many issues tainted with the stench of politics, this debate over gun control is not one where a solution is desired. Read it again.....that’s right. The politicians don’t want the issue to be resolved. They want it to continue on and on and on. In so doing, the topic provides a perpetual distraction for politicians, so their feet cannot be held to he fire on issues that are critical, for which real definitive solutions are desperately needed.

Lets’s just be real honest here. We have had lots of guns in this country since it’s inception. We have 300-400 million of them in the country. For 229 years we have had lots of guns. For a century we have had “assault rifles”. I own a semiautomatic M1 carbine that my dad used in the South Pacific, about 75 years ago. I have 30 round magazines. It is lightweight, compact, deadly, and fires as rapidly as any AR-15. There are countless examples of weapons that are just as deadly as an AR-15. You explained this beautifully. If I had to pick a weapon to defend myself in an urban setting, I’d prefer the M1, actually.

The problem is that the opposition is programmed to focus in on defeating the “evil” NRA and “evil” guns. They won’t focus on the real problem......evil people, and the underlying cause of their evil inclinations. There is comparatively little discussion of factors that compel people to engage in mass killings.
Has the opiate crisis been linked or implicated?
Does our entertainment industry contribute?
Does social media contribute?
Are we in need of more emphasis on mental health professionals?
Are we increasingly spiritually deficient?
Are our kids over exposed to video games that have an impact?
Are we disciplining our kids inadequately?
Speaking of kids, what about today’s child rearing practices?
How are kids taught to cope with failure and peer pressure?
How are kids taught to accept “losing”, be it academically, socially, or athletically?
Is there any correlation with the increasing trends toward a more secular society?

Politically speaking, these nuances are not useful. That’s the problem.

What some amazing posts these last few have been; intelligence on display. Very well said and right on the money

Thank you. That our country, or at least certain sectors anyway, is in ethical and cultural freefall cannot be disputed. The cynicism of
“profits above all else”, has eroded our historical cultural norms of decency, stewardship, elevated art and entertainment (as opposed to reality-tv pandering to the most base of interests of the drooling masses), medical professionals more concerned with healing than money, socially responsible leaders, the education of children and honoring of educators, and discernment in general. I’m wondering if our corn foundered diets & rampant obesity, every 3rd person on anti-depressants, ignorant consumerism, tipplers at the trough of bigotry and hatred of the “other”, and so forth, hasn’t finally reached a tipping point of a citizenry incapable of independent thought and ordinary compassion.
I found it interesting how my query about refugees knocking on the door got redefined as sanctioning illegal immigration. Our borders cannot be porous, obviously. And I am sorry for those of you who have had bad experiences. But the beastly approach this Beastly administration has taken to the problem must be curtailed, sooner rather than later. Better minds and better people, sooner rather than later, problem solving on this issue.

Kim, I’m going to focus on one comment out of your rambling soliloquy, namely your remark about “refugees knocking on our doors”. Very few illegal aliens are “political refugees”. Most are harmless. Some aren’t. All of them have brazenly broken our laws, and our feckless politicians do not want to solve the problem, for reasons I outlined. Until a few years ago, illegal aliens and illegal immigration was widely condemned by prominent leaders of the Democrat Party.
Hillary Clinton condemned it harshly.
Chuck Schumer condemned it harshly.
Harry Reid condemned it harshly.
Barack Obama condemned it harshly.
Bill Clinton condemned it harshly. In fact, in his 1995 State of the Union speech, President Clinton stated: “All Americans … are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country.” He pointed out that “the jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants”. He said “the public services they use impose burdens on our taxpayers”. He ended with: “We are a nation of immigrants, but we are also a nation of laws. It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it.”

And then, Clinton received a standing ovation. It resonated across Party lines.

President Donald Trump is essentially making this same speech more than a decade later. But instead of being applauded, these views are widely criticized by the Democratic party and the press. Many Democrats have also supported barriers, like a wall. In 2006, Democrats voted in favor of it. We don’t have anyone in the media pointing out this grotesque hypocrisy.

Why the transformation? That’s obvious....the answer: political expedience....VOTES.

That “beastly approach” you so so ardently decry was just a few years ago embraced by the liberal Democrat Party.

Edited by Bear 2018-12-09 10:50 PM
Gator Bug
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2018-12-10 7:29 AM (#7415931 - in reply to #7415919)

Extreme Veteran

Bear - 2018-12-09 10:29 PM
Mecon - 2018-12-09 9:40 PM
Bear - 2018-12-08 8:17 PM Gator Bug, that was a fantastic post. I don’t see how anyone could dispute anything you said. You are missing the real issue here, in my opinion, and here’s what I mean. Like so many issues tainted with the stench of politics, this debate over gun control is not one where a solution is desired. Read it again.....that’s right. The politicians don’t want the issue to be resolved. They want it to continue on and on and on. In so doing, the topic provides a perpetual distraction for politicians, so their feet cannot be held to he fire on issues that are critical, for which real definitive solutions are desperately needed. Lets’s just be real honest here. We have had lots of guns in this country since it’s inception. We have 300-400 million of them in the country. For 229 years we have had lots of guns. For a century we have had “assault rifles”. I own a semiautomatic M1 carbine that my dad used in the South Pacific, about 75 years ago. I have 30 round magazines. It is lightweight, compact, deadly, and fires as rapidly as any AR-15. There are countless examples of weapons that are just as deadly as an AR-15. You explained this beautifully. If I had to pick a weapon to defend myself in an urban setting, I’d prefer the M1, actually. The problem is that the opposition is programmed to focus in on defeating the “evil” NRA and “evil” guns. They won’t focus on the real problem......evil people, and the underlying cause of their evil inclinations. There is comparatively little discussion of factors that compel people to engage in mass killings. Has the opiate crisis been linked or implicated? Does our entertainment industry contribute? Does social media contribute? Are we in need of more emphasis on mental health professionals? Are we increasingly spiritually deficient? Are our kids over exposed to video games that have an impact? Are we disciplining our kids inadequately? Speaking of kids, what about today’s child rearing practices? How are kids taught to cope with failure and peer pressure? How are kids taught to accept “losing”, be it academically, socially, or athletically? Is there any correlation with the increasing trends toward a more secular society? Politically speaking, these nuances are not useful. That’s the problem.
Thank you. That our country, or at least certain sectors anyway, is in ethical and cultural freefall cannot be disputed. The cynicism of “profits above all else”, has eroded our historical cultural norms of decency, stewardship, elevated art and entertainment (as opposed to reality-tv pandering to the most base of interests of the drooling masses), medical professionals more concerned with healing than money, socially responsible leaders, the education of children and honoring of educators, and discernment in general. I’m wondering if our corn foundered diets & rampant obesity, every 3rd person on anti-depressants, ignorant consumerism, tipplers at the trough of bigotry and hatred of the “other”, and so forth, hasn’t finally reached a tipping point of a citizenry incapable of independent thought and ordinary compassion. I found it interesting how my query about refugees knocking on the door got redefined as sanctioning illegal immigration. Our borders cannot be porous, obviously. And I am sorry for those of you who have had bad experiences. But the beastly approach this Beastly administration has taken to the problem must be curtailed, sooner rather than later. Better minds and better people, sooner rather than later, problem solving on this issue.
Kim, I’m going to focus on one comment out of your rambling soliloquy, namely your remark about “refugees knocking on our doors”. Very few illegal aliens are “political refugees”. Most are harmless. Some aren’t. All of them have brazenly broken our laws, and our feckless politicians do not want to solve the problem, for reasons I outlined. Until a few years ago, illegal aliens and illegal immigration was widely condemned by prominent leaders of the Democrat Party. Hillary Clinton condemned it harshly. Chuck Schumer condemned it harshly. Harry Reid condemned it harshly. Barack Obama condemned it harshly. Bill Clinton condemned it harshly. In fact, in his 1995 State of the Union speech, President Clinton stated: “All Americans … are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country.” He pointed out that “the jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants”. He said “the public services they use impose burdens on our taxpayers”. He ended with: “We are a nation of immigrants, but we are also a nation of laws. It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it.” And then, Clinton received a standing ovation. It resonated across Party lines. President Donald Trump is essentially making this same speech more than a decade later. But instead of being applauded, these views are widely criticized by the Democratic party and the press. Many Democrats have also supported barriers, like a wall. In 2006, Democrats voted in favor of it. We don’t have anyone in the media pointing out this grotesque hypocrisy. Why the transformation? That’s obvious....the answer: political expedience....VOTES. That “beastly approach” you so so ardently decry was just a few years ago embraced by the liberal Democrat Party.

Bear, you are spot on.
The hypocrisy by what was acceptable then for Immigration and what is now, is astounding. Reagan signed the (IRCA) Immigration Reform and Control Act in 1986. 

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), Pub.L. 99–603, 100 Stat. 3445, enacted November 6, 1986, also known as the Simpson–Mazzoli Act or the Reagan Amnesty,[1] signed into law by Ronald Reagan on November 6, 1986, is an Act of Congress which reformed United States immigration law. The Act[2]
  • required employers to attest to their employees' immigration status;
  • made it illegal to hire or recruit illegal immigrants knowingly;
  • legalized certain seasonal agricultural undocumented immigrants, and;
  • legalized undocumented immigrants who entered the United States before January 1, 1982 and had resided there continuously with the penalty of a fine, back taxes due, and admission of guilt; candidates were required to prove that they were not guilty of crimes, that they were in the country before January 1, 1982, and that they possessed at least a minimal knowledge about U.S. history, government, and the English language
That Act gave Amnesty to approx. 4 million illegals. It didn't go far enough for Reagan, he did an Executive Order to include children of Illegal families which included 100,000 families. 

Reagan came to regret that Act as he gave Amnesty first and Boarder Security after. He never got the border security. He cited it as his biggest regret of his 8 years in office. 

Bear is right that under Clinton in the 90's, Democrats did go on and on about the border and security. Bill Clinton was a moderate Democrat and could triangulate to get things done. However, nothing really got done with Immigration. 

So now, 32 years after the IRCA, we now have even more Illegals and the Proressive Democratic wing wants open borders and amnesty. Just ask Pelosi....She sees North America as that, not the United States as a sovereign country. Trump was willing to give DACA (another 2 million illegals at least) with the wall and Demovrats refused. DACA was done by Obama Executive Order and never should have been done. 

I also do not think Mecon was 'redefined'. I think Mecon defined their position very  well. If you want to let Illegals in and stay here out of 'compassion' and not Federal  law, that is sanctuary. Again, it is not political asylum, it is economic asylum.  It does not follow Federal law. I am for a 'card' that allows people to cross, make money AND then go home. I also strongly support EVerify.  If others wanted 'sanctuary' gun cities....I am sure that would be a huge issue and extreme outrage . Exactly what Federal laws are ok to follow and which are not? I'm confused as I thought all Federal laws were to be followed. 

OregonBR
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2018-12-10 11:24 AM (#7415967 - in reply to #7413316)

Military family

Champ

I admire all of you that (after 454651654 years and 164551651 liberals later) are still trying to reason with them. I'm just not up to the challenge today. I can't help anyone that doesn't want to help themselves. My best advice to everyone is to READ or LISTEN to something besides the lamestream media. Don't take what they write and say as truth. There is a lot of truth out there if someone looks for it. Research it. Read the Constitution and the Bill of Rights too. There are a lot of people who are trying to educate if you would allow it. That's my PSA today.
Gator Bug
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2018-12-10 11:43 AM (#7415970 - in reply to #7415967)

Extreme Veteran

OregonBR - 2018-12-10 11:24 AM I admire all of you that (after 454651654 years and 164551651 liberals later) are still trying to reason with them. I'm just not up to the challenge today. I can't help anyone that doesn't want to help themselves. My best advice to everyone is to READ or LISTEN to something besides the lamestream media. Don't take what they write and say as truth. There is a lot of truth out there if someone looks for it. Research it. Read the Constitution and the Bill of Rights too. There are a lot of people who are trying to educate if you would allow it. That's my PSA today.

OregonBR....completely agree with you. I do research/remember history and not take what is 'fed' to me. I, however, do get upset with 'misinformation' about guns 'spraying'  ammunition when that person has  never probably held a weapon or wanting/being 'compassionate' about Illegals when they have never lived any where near the border/border state. I am for being educated on a topic and speaking of it when you know at least something to contribute....I am willing to listen. However, when you know nothing and want to go on and on about what you nothing of and/or repeat 'compassionate' talking points....I do have an issue with that. 

I do not like getting into these types of topics. If you can debate me on the facts I will ultimately engage. I do think these types of topics can and should be discussed. Just debate on the facts and leave emotion out of it. The Rule of Law really has no compassion or intent involved in it.  It really can be tiresome and I do not like it. However, I really do not like 'misinformation' and cannot sit it out. 
OregonBR
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2018-12-10 12:06 PM (#7415973 - in reply to #7415970)

Military family

Champ

Gator Bug - 2018-12-10 9:43 AM

OregonBR - 2018-12-10 11:24 AM I admire all of you that (after 454651654 years and 164551651 liberals later) are still trying to reason with them. I'm just not up to the challenge today. I can't help anyone that doesn't want to help themselves. My best advice to everyone is to READ or LISTEN to something besides the lamestream media. Don't take what they write and say as truth. There is a lot of truth out there if someone looks for it. Research it. Read the Constitution and the Bill of Rights too. There are a lot of people who are trying to educate if you would allow it. That's my PSA today.

OregonBR....completely agree with you. I do research/remember history and not take what is 'fed' to me. I, however, do get upset with 'misinformation' about guns 'spraying'  ammunition when that person has  never probably held a weapon or wanting/being 'compassionate' about Illegals when they have never lived any where near the border/border state. I am for being educated on a topic and speaking of it when you know at least something to contribute....I am willing to listen. However, when you know nothing and want to go on and on about what you nothing of and/or repeat 'compassionate' talking points....I do have an issue with that. 

I do not like getting into these types of topics. If you can debate me on the facts I will ultimately engage. I do think these types of topics can and should be discussed. Just debate on the facts and leave emotion out of it. The Rule of Law really has no compassion or intent involved in it.  It really can be tiresome and I do not like it. However, I really do not like 'misinformation' and cannot sit it out. 

You're one I admire. People who spew lies need to be told they are wrong. There's just so many of them.
Bear
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2018-12-10 12:41 PM (#7415978 - in reply to #7413316)

BHW Resident Surgeon

When it comes to “redefining”, liberal Democrats have it down to a fine art. When it comes to political blunders the Republicans have mastered that as well. The GOP asked for an as$ kicking last month. They have been running on border security and repeal/replace Obamacare since its inception. They couldn’t get immigration reform, a DACA fix, or funding for the wall done. They couldn’t repeal/replace ObamaCare. They held majorities in both houses, plus the presidency for two years.
If they would have followed Trump’s lead they might have held the house.

The Democrats have been “re-branding and redefining” for at least 60 years. Until the 60s the Democrat party owned the segregationist movement. It was the GOP who was the voice of racial equality.
I could list dozens of names of prominent racist, segregationist Democrats, including some of the old timers from the glory years of the KKK, like Robert Byrd, the beloved W Va senator and one time Grand Cyclops of the KKK. LBJ was clever enough to recognize the potential of politically enslavement of blacks. His Civil Rights voting act of 1965 passed because of overwhelming Republican support. He is rumored to have predicted “I will have those n*****s voting Democrat for 100 years”. During the 60’s, the Democrats began to redefine themselves as champions of minority rights. That guaranteed them 90-95% of the African American vote for 50 years. The GOP meekly allowed the Democrats to label them as racists and bigots. Democrats recognized the negative impact of being labeled “liberal” so they have successfully re- branded themselves as “Progressive” because, after all, who doesn’t like “progress”? The gullible and uninformed low information voters liked the sound of the term, “progressive movement”, just like they were drawn to “hope and change” and “transformational change”.
They like the idea.....to hell with the details, and the long term success of extreme socialism and Marxism.
Another example of their “redefining” can be seen with global warming. It wasn’t really catching on, so they had to reinvent a new catch phrase - “climate change”. That way anytime there’s a stretch of bad weather, they can attribute it to man made activities. This became one of their political tools.
Then we have the latest attempt to use identity politics as a political tool to capture a monolithic voting block.....the “plight of immigrants”. Notice I didn’t use the term “illegal” immigrants....just immigrants.
This way they can label their opposition, who oppose ILLEGAL immigration, as “anti-immigrant”....or “xenophobic”. Less than a decade ago they were anti illegal immigration, but they reminded themselves of LBJs success, and they re-defined themselves so as to capture a “renewable” source of votes, just like renewable energy.
All of a sudden they are opposed to the things they supported so enthusiastically just a few years ago.

Any blind man with a lick of common sense can see what’s going on.
Jump to page : < ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Now viewing page 9 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software