Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
BFA- are you impressed with what you are seeing?
Moderators: luluwhit, gotothewhip, crossspur, ForumAdmin

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2018-12-11 2:54 PM
40 replies, 2916 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Meep.Meep
Reg. Jun 2017
Posted 2018-12-11 2:54 PM (#7416091 - in reply to #7416088)
Subject: RE: BFA- are you impressed with what you are seeing?

Veteran

teehaha - 2018-12-11 2:25 PM

Meep.Meep - 2018-12-06 12:22 PM
LIVE2RUN - 2018-12-06 12:57 PM I watched about an hour of it, honestly, some of those horses just weren't ready to run..IMO! And gosh I saw so many with tie-downs on already....why? Did they hurry through their training and just slap on one and be done...not impressed.
IMO They are 3 and 4 yr olds, of course they hurried through their training. Wish everyone could let these horses grow up before running them. In order to have a 3 year old big enough to run they have to be fed up like crazy at a young age, BAD for their future. But hey, as long as they can be used and run hard at 3 who really cares what happens to them after that right?
I'd have to disagree.  Each horse is different and for some taking to a barrel pattern is pretty easy.  Some just like to work and like a challenge or they get bored.  I think a young horse will tell you when they are ready for a job if you listen to them.   As for size, alot of it is just in the genetics.  I've got a 3 yr old that is 15.3 and easily weighs 1300 lbs.  She was out on pasture so definitely not fed up to grow more or fast.  Then on the other hand, some of them just aren't bred for overall size.  You need to know the horse.   I would agree that some just aren't ready for the pressure of competition.  To me a tie-down can be a great tool so don't really pay attention to a tie down on a horse.

I do agree there will always be an exception, But for me I don't like it. But since I don't futurity or buy trained horses it doesn't really affect me so I guess I don't really need to have an opinion on it
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software