Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
“Why do wealthy politicians build walls, fences and gates around their homes?
Moderators: luluwhit, gotothewhip, crossspur, ForumAdmin

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 6 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2019-01-17 10:01 AM
112 replies, 2672 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2019-01-13 3:28 PM (#7418854 - in reply to #7418852)
Subject: RE: “Why do wealthy politicians build walls, fences and gates around their homes?

A Somebody to Everybody

jbhoot - 2019-01-13 3:13 PM
Gator Bug - 2019-01-13 1:51 PM
Frodo - 2019-01-13 1:17 PM
jbhoot - 2019-01-12 8:01 PM
Bear - 2019-01-12 5:45 PM
Southtxponygirl - 2019-01-12 5:18 PM
Bear - 2019-01-12 4:42 PM I have a good friend who has been a real, conservative, genuine cowboy all his life. He’s worked on ranches along the West Texas southern border growing up into his early 30s. He is opposed to “ the Wall” and he doesn’t like Trump purely because of “the Wall”. He says the “equine industry” would be devastated by the wall. His claim is that cheap illegal workers are essential. I’ve heard this argument many times about how agriculture, ranching depends on illegals. I say that’s bullsh!t. The solution to that is a “workers permit” system. Problem solved. If they can’t afford at least minimum wage for those workers something is wrong. I don’t buy it.
Oh yeah, This is what ranchers and some farmers depend on is the illegals, they will house them and pay them cheaply, but times are changing the illegals are getting to where they wont work for anything under minimum wage. Here in Seguin there where a few places these illegals and some with their green cards would gather and wait for contractors to come and pick them up for a day job, and alot wont work for under 14 dollars an hour, they pretty much set their own wage pay per hour..  But in the last few years I have not seen many like I use too sitting and waiting for someone to come and hire them for the day.. I'm guessing they are moving up the country for higher pay.. 
But none of that is their fault. You can’t blame them. The average household income in Mexico is about $12K a year, but in the US, it’s about $70K. Hell, if they make $50K up here for the same work that would earn them $12K, how can anyone fault them? We let them get away with it. Realistically, there ought to be consequences for employers who employ illegals who don’t use E-Verify. That would help a lot.
Bear I worked for one of the largest contracting company's in the nation based out of D.C. for several years. They used E-Verify and employed about 1000 carpenters and about 1400 painters better than 90% where Spanish. I worked on several large projects for them as a superintendent and got to know most of them on a personal bases. I would say that 50% have fake ID's really good ones but fake. Most have DL from Colorado or California because those states are easy to get ID's The company did their job they checked E-Verify and all tax's are taken out and they are paid the prevailing wage (which is not cheap in the DC market) The company hires them because they work hard and don't *****. In my view at least with large company's it is the E-Verify system that is broken. I agree there should be a better system for guest workers from the southern boarder we do it every day on the northern boarder with little problems. But until we get the boarder under control so that they can come in legally I don't see how this can be fixed. Until congress gets off their butts and make the changes needed this will continue. The president is only enforcing the law as written which is his job.
With regard to Congress getting off their butts, a herd of Democrat Congressmen are in Puerto Rico this weekend basking in the sun, watching "Hamilton" and meeting with lobbyists.  I believe this includes Nancy Pelosi.  The shutdown and border crisis is the last things on their minds.  So is everything else related to their actual jobs.  So proud I work hard to pay their salaries.  

I do not understand why E-Verify can't work. We have Smart Phones and other technolgy that can verify a SS number for heavens sake! It can track people! And it can't verify a SS Number? Really? I just do not understand.  I guess Congress doesn't really want to use it to its fullest capabilities. 
I think it because it is a government program garbage in garbage out situation. I think we would be farther ahead to have Amex or Amazon run the E-Verify program.

Yept since its all government ran it will never be fixed unless they the government decides to get on the ball with Trump and do something about all this mess they caused. Trump is trying and getting that Wall up and slowing down the flow of illegals will be a big step in getting all the cra* under control.. BUT its been this way for many many years under all the Presidents in the last 15 plus years, because no one gave a rats a** untill Trump. 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Chandler's Mom
Reg. Jan 2015
Posted 2019-01-13 3:29 PM (#7418855 - in reply to #7418852)
Subject: RE: “Why do wealthy politicians build walls, fences and gates around their homes?

My Heart Be Happy

jbhoot - 2019-01-13 3:13 PM

Gator Bug - 2019-01-13 1:51 PM

Frodo - 2019-01-13 1:17 PM
jbhoot - 2019-01-12 8:01 PM
Bear - 2019-01-12 5:45 PM
Southtxponygirl - 2019-01-12 5:18 PM
Bear - 2019-01-12 4:42 PM I have a good friend who has been a real, conservative, genuine cowboy all his life. He’s worked on ranches along the West Texas southern border growing up into his early 30s. He is opposed to “ the Wall” and he doesn’t like Trump purely because of “the Wall”. He says the “equine industry” would be devastated by the wall. His claim is that cheap illegal workers are essential. I’ve heard this argument many times about how agriculture, ranching depends on illegals. I say that’s bullsh!t. The solution to that is a “workers permit” system. Problem solved. If they can’t afford at least minimum wage for those workers something is wrong. I don’t buy it.
Oh yeah, This is what ranchers and some farmers depend on is the illegals, they will house them and pay them cheaply, but times are changing the illegals are getting to where they wont work for anything under minimum wage. Here in Seguin there where a few places these illegals and some with their green cards would gather and wait for contractors to come and pick them up for a day job, and alot wont work for under 14 dollars an hour, they pretty much set their own wage pay per hour..  But in the last few years I have not seen many like I use too sitting and waiting for someone to come and hire them for the day.. I'm guessing they are moving up the country for higher pay.. 
But none of that is their fault. You can’t blame them. The average household income in Mexico is about $12K a year, but in the US, it’s about $70K. Hell, if they make $50K up here for the same work that would earn them $12K, how can anyone fault them? We let them get away with it. Realistically, there ought to be consequences for employers who employ illegals who don’t use E-Verify. That would help a lot.
Bear I worked for one of the largest contracting company's in the nation based out of D.C. for several years. They used E-Verify and employed about 1000 carpenters and about 1400 painters better than 90% where Spanish. I worked on several large projects for them as a superintendent and got to know most of them on a personal bases. I would say that 50% have fake ID's really good ones but fake. Most have DL from Colorado or California because those states are easy to get ID's The company did their job they checked E-Verify and all tax's are taken out and they are paid the prevailing wage (which is not cheap in the DC market) The company hires them because they work hard and don't *****. In my view at least with large company's it is the E-Verify system that is broken. I agree there should be a better system for guest workers from the southern boarder we do it every day on the northern boarder with little problems. But until we get the boarder under control so that they can come in legally I don't see how this can be fixed. Until congress gets off their butts and make the changes needed this will continue. The president is only enforcing the law as written which is his job.
With regard to Congress getting off their butts, a herd of Democrat Congressmen are in Puerto Rico this weekend basking in the sun, watching "Hamilton" and meeting with lobbyists.  I believe this includes Nancy Pelosi.  The shutdown and border crisis is the last things on their minds.  So is everything else related to their actual jobs.  So proud I work hard to pay their salaries.  

I do not understand why E-Verify can't work. We have Smart Phones and other technolgy that can verify a SS number for heavens sake! It can track people! And it can't verify a SS Number? Really? I just do not understand.  I guess Congress doesn't really want to use it to its fullest capabilities. 

I think it because it is a government program garbage in garbage out situation. I think we would be farther ahead to have Amex or Amazon run the E-Verify program.

Amazon does everything else--I think you're on to something
Not sure they could do any worse!!!
OregonBR
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2019-01-14 10:12 AM (#7418894 - in reply to #7418519)

Military family

Champ

Except Amazon, google and all the other big tech based companies are owned by libtards. They don't want to fix anything.

Something you all need to understand is the left doesn't want to fix immigration. The only reason they all talked about it like they did, is they KNEW they would do nothing along with their RINO buddies. They are the ying and the yang of our political system for the last few decades. Trump is an outsider. Don't be fooled by the R behind his name. The political elite need illegals and idiots to keep voting for them. It should scare the crap out of all of us the truth of the matter. It scares the crap out of me. That's why I'm so dead set against anything the left wants. Some R's are decent people. Dems stick together. There aren't any of them I would trust.
OregonBR
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2019-01-14 10:55 AM (#7418904 - in reply to #7418519)

Military family

Champ

See how long this has been going on?

(meme Roosevelt 1906.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments meme Roosevelt 1906.jpg (19KB - 0 downloads)
Frodo
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2019-01-14 12:26 PM (#7418926 - in reply to #7418519)

"Heck's Coming With Me"

Stacy Abrams who lost the governors race in Georgia is strongly behind allowing non-citizens to vote as are most Democrats.  Would that mean if I lived in China I could just mail my vote in to the U.S.?  

OregonBR
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2019-01-14 2:01 PM (#7418934 - in reply to #7418519)

Military family

Champ

I shared this on FB.

Long but please read. The recent history of border wall/barrier legislation. Where is the money? Thanks to Michael Taylor for this research.

Jo Anne Moretti
15 hrs ·
via: Michael Taylor

President Trump....
Sen. Schumer, Speaker Pelosi...
Members of Congress....
Fund The Wall, Fence, Barrier, Open The Gov't..

Sen. Schumer authored a Bill in 2013, S.744, which Congress Passed on Border Security and Immigration. In that Bill, sect 6, "Funding", $46.3 Billion was moved from the Treasury to a Trust for the Border Fencing, Detection Devices, Equip., etc. Take the $5.6 Billion needed for the Fencing, Barrier, Wall and Use that money already Approved for the Same Fencing that Pres. Trump is demanding, which is already sitting in Trust. That Money was Approved for Fencing...Use It, and then reopen the Gov't...Simple..

These are all the Bills and Reports, on Illegals, Border Security and Fencing, going back to 1993. Funding has been approved in Each Bill, and it would appear, only used Once, since Each Succeeding Bill authorizes Funding to "Repair" and Add to the Fencing, that was originally built. 654 Miles of Fencing, which each bill states is in need of repair...The $46.3 Billion moved from the Treasury to the Trust, as demanded in S.744, that Money should Be There..if Not, Where is It..??

** 1993... "Operation Gatekeeper". " USBP needed, among other things, a “rigid” enforcement system that could integrate infrastructure (i.e., a multi-tiered fence and roads), manpower, and new technologies to further control the border region. The concept of a three-tiered fence system was first recommended by a 1993 Sandia Laboratories study commissioned by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS)." Hillary Clinton Defended This Until 2008....
** 1994...GAO Report Issued To "The Honorable Gary A. Condit Chairman, Subcommittee on Information, Justice, Transportation and Agriculture Committee on Government Operations House of Representatives. "This report responds to your request concerning the adequacy of United States efforts to secure the southwest border. Specifically, you asked us to (1) determine the extent of the threat from drug smuggling and illegal immigration and (2) identify ways to enhance security between the ports of entry."
** 1996...Congress Passed H.R. 2202, Public Law 104-208,104th Congress "Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigration Responsibility Act (IIRIRA) of 1996." ‘‘§ 611. Voting by aliens ‘‘(a) It shall be unlawful for any alien to vote in any election held solely or in part for the purpose of electing a candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner." Hillary Clinton Defended This Until 2008...
** 2002...Congress Passed H.R. 5005, Public Law 107–296,107th Congress "‘‘Homeland Security Act of 2002’’. This Bill Created DHS, Enhanced Border Security, Immigration, Fence Barriers Along Our Southern Border...Hillary Clinton Defended This Until 2008...
** 2006...Congress Passed H.R. 6061, Public Law 109-367, 109th Congress "Security Fence Act 2006". "This bill will help protect the American people. This bill will make our borders more secure. It is an important step toward immigration reform." Senate Passed 80-19...Hillary Clinton, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi Defended This Bill...
** 2007...CRS Report For Congress, Border Security: The San Diego Fence. "This report outlines the issues involved with DHS’s construction of the San Diego border fence and highlights some of the major legislative and administrative developments regarding its completion; it will be updated as warranted.1 Congress first authorized the construction of a 14-mile, triple-layered fence along the U.S.-Mexico border near San Diego in the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigration Responsibility Act (IIRIRA) of 1996. By 2004, only nine miles had been completed, and construction was halted because of environmental concerns."
** 2009...U.S. GAO-09-896, Secure Border Initiative: Technology Deployment Delays Persist and the Impact of Border Fencing Has Not Been Assessed. "When last reported in February 2009, the completion date had slipped to 2016. As a result of such delays, Border Patrol agents continue to use existing technology that has limitations, such as performance shortfalls and maintenance issues."
** 2013...Senate Bill S. 744, 113th Congress, Border Security, Economic Opportunity, And Immigration Modernization Act. Authored By: Sen. Chuck Schumer. " Sec. 6. COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM FUNDS." (2) Deposits, (A), Initial Funding- Ont the later of the date of the enactment of this Act or October 1, 2013, $46,300,000,000 shall be transferred from the general fund of the Treasury, to the Trust Fund."

Since this Money has been approved and transferred, that money IS There for the $5.6-Billion that President Trump has Asked For, and Now Schumer , Pelosi and the Liberals in Congress who Approved these, until 2016, when Hillary Lost, Is saying NO.??
vjls
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2019-01-14 2:45 PM (#7418937 - in reply to #7418519)

Miracle in the Making

but there was plenty of money for 103 dems wife and lobbist to charter a jet and go to 

30 Democrats in Puerto Rico with 109 lobbyists for weekend despite ...

3 days ago - Reports say dozens of Dems are in PR for the CHC BOLD PAC winter retreat — including meetings on Maria cleanup, and a party with PR's ...
    jettster
    Reg. Jun 2007
    Posted 2019-01-16 11:29 PM (#7419255 - in reply to #7418934)

...Dot Dot Dot...

OregonBR - 2019-01-15 1:01 PM

I shared this on FB.

Long but please read. The recent history of border wall/barrier legislation. Where is the money? Thanks to Michael Taylor for this research.

Jo Anne Moretti
    15 hrs ·
    via: Michael Taylor

President Trump....
    Sen. Schumer, Speaker Pelosi...
    Members of Congress....
    Fund The Wall, Fence, Barrier, Open The Gov't..

Sen. Schumer authored a Bill in 2013, S.744, which Congress Passed on Border Security and Immigration. In that Bill, sect 6, "Funding", $46.3 Billion was moved from the Treasury to a Trust for the Border Fencing, Detection Devices, Equip., etc. Take the $5.6 Billion needed for the Fencing, Barrier, Wall and Use that money already Approved for the Same Fencing that Pres. Trump is demanding, which is already sitting in Trust. That Money was Approved for Fencing...Use It, and then reopen the Gov't...Simple..

These are all the Bills and Reports, on Illegals, Border Security and Fencing, going back to 1993. Funding has been approved in Each Bill, and it would appear, only used Once, since Each Succeeding Bill authorizes Funding to "Repair" and Add to the Fencing, that was originally built. 654 Miles of Fencing, which each bill states is in need of repair...The $46.3 Billion moved from the Treasury to the Trust, as demanded in S.744, that Money should Be There..if Not, Where is It..??

** 1993... "Operation Gatekeeper". " USBP needed, among other things, a “rigid” enforcement system that could integrate infrastructure (i.e., a multi-tiered fence and roads), manpower, and new technologies to further control the border region. The concept of a three-tiered fence system was first recommended by a 1993 Sandia Laboratories study commissioned by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS)." Hillary Clinton Defended This Until 2008....
    ** 1994...GAO Report Issued To "The Honorable Gary A. Condit Chairman, Subcommittee on Information, Justice, Transportation and Agriculture Committee on Government Operations House of Representatives. "This report responds to your request concerning the adequacy of United States efforts to secure the southwest border. Specifically, you asked us to (1) determine the extent of the threat from drug smuggling and illegal immigration and (2) identify ways to enhance security between the ports of entry."
    ** 1996...Congress Passed H.R. 2202, Public Law 104-208,104th Congress "Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigration Responsibility Act (IIRIRA) of 1996." ‘‘§ 611. Voting by aliens ‘‘(a) It shall be unlawful for any alien to vote in any election held solely or in part for the purpose of electing a candidate for the office of President, Vice President, Presidential elector, Member of the Senate, Member of the House of Representatives, Delegate from the District of Columbia, or Resident Commissioner." Hillary Clinton Defended This Until 2008...
    ** 2002...Congress Passed H.R. 5005, Public Law 107–296,107th Congress "‘‘Homeland Security Act of 2002’’. This Bill Created DHS, Enhanced Border Security, Immigration, Fence Barriers Along Our Southern Border...Hillary Clinton Defended This Until 2008...
    ** 2006...Congress Passed H.R. 6061, Public Law 109-367, 109th Congress "Security Fence Act 2006". "This bill will help protect the American people. This bill will make our borders more secure. It is an important step toward immigration reform." Senate Passed 80-19...Hillary Clinton, Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi Defended This Bill...
    ** 2007...CRS Report For Congress, Border Security: The San Diego Fence. "This report outlines the issues involved with DHS’s construction of the San Diego border fence and highlights some of the major legislative and administrative developments regarding its completion; it will be updated as warranted.1 Congress first authorized the construction of a 14-mile, triple-layered fence along the U.S.-Mexico border near San Diego in the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigration Responsibility Act (IIRIRA) of 1996. By 2004, only nine miles had been completed, and construction was halted because of environmental concerns."
    ** 2009...U.S. GAO-09-896, Secure Border Initiative: Technology Deployment Delays Persist and the Impact of Border Fencing Has Not Been Assessed. "When last reported in February 2009, the completion date had slipped to 2016. As a result of such delays, Border Patrol agents continue to use existing technology that has limitations, such as performance shortfalls and maintenance issues."
    ** 2013...Senate Bill S. 744, 113th Congress, Border Security, Economic Opportunity, And Immigration Modernization Act. Authored By: Sen. Chuck Schumer. " Sec. 6. COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM FUNDS." (2) Deposits, (A), Initial Funding- Ont the later of the date of the enactment of this Act or October 1, 2013, $46,300,000,000 shall be transferred from the general fund of the Treasury, to the Trust Fund."

Since this Money has been approved and transferred, that money IS There for the $5.6-Billion that President Trump has Asked For, and Now Schumer , Pelosi and the Liberals in Congress who Approved these, until 2016, when Hillary Lost, Is saying NO.??

unable to post these pictures ..darn..
    but have a few from Antelope wells in Southwest New Mexico in the Boot Heel..
    taken by residents there who are my friends and ranchers ...Farmers... good horse people... Wanting people who have no clue to see..theres s real crisis down here...for a wall..more border security.
    Obama spent money on Normandy fencing...easy to get over those..got pix but can't post..

Illegal aliens are flowing through there like it's a freeway. If I could I'm going to try to post pictures we are trying to get more people to be aware that we need help.

Edited by jettster 2019-01-16 11:38 PM
    jettster
    Reg. Jun 2007
    Posted 2019-01-16 11:39 PM (#7419256 - in reply to #7418519)

...Dot Dot Dot...

Trying to post pictures..
    jettster
    Reg. Jun 2007
    Posted 2019-01-16 11:39 PM (#7419257 - in reply to #7418519)

...Dot Dot Dot...

Trying to post pictures..
    Frodo
    Reg. Jul 2004
    Posted 2019-01-17 8:52 AM (#7419271 - in reply to #7418519)

"Heck's Coming With Me"

I was watching FOX early this morning and they showed where now two caravans are headed for our border. One from Honduras and one from El Salvador. There are thousands coming. Whenever they camp they leave tons of garbage. They were sleeping in the streets in Guatemala City and there were heaps of trash everywhere. This is the way they will treat our country.

These people are fat, well dressed and most have cell phones. I know the caravans are well organized by people who hate America but how the heck are these people being fed. It will take millions to feed them all the way to the U.S. border.

Wake up Democrats. This is not going to end. All of Central America is emptying into the U.S.
    OregonBR
    Reg. Dec 2003
    Posted 2019-01-17 9:44 AM (#7419287 - in reply to #7419271)

Military family

Champ

Frodo - 2019-01-17 6:52 AM

I was watching FOX early this morning and they showed where now two caravans are headed for our border. One from Honduras and one from El Salvador. There are thousands coming. Whenever they camp they leave tons of garbage. They were sleeping in the streets in Guatemala City and there were heaps of trash everywhere. This is the way they will treat our country.

These people are fat, well dressed and most have cell phones. I know the caravans are well organized by people who hate America but how the heck are these people being fed. It will take millions to feed them all the way to the U.S. border.

Wake up Democrats. This is not going to end. All of Central America is emptying into the U.S.

It's easy to understand the dems if you know they want these people here to vote for them. That's the only way they keep the power or gain more. To out-vote us. Erasing borders is an integral part of the plan. Just like it's easy to understand what Ovomit was about if you realize he's the instrument of the One World Order cabal. Then it ALL becomes crystal clear.
    Southtxponygirl
    Reg. Nov 2006
    Posted 2019-01-17 10:01 AM (#7419291 - in reply to #7419271)

A Somebody to Everybody

Frodo - 2019-01-17 8:52 AM I was watching FOX early this morning and they showed where now two caravans are headed for our border. One from Honduras and one from El Salvador. There are thousands coming. Whenever they camp they leave tons of garbage. They were sleeping in the streets in Guatemala City and there were heaps of trash everywhere. This is the way they will treat our country. These people are fat, well dressed and most have cell phones. I know the caravans are well organized by people who hate America but how the heck are these people being fed. It will take millions to feed them all the way to the U.S. border. Wake up Democrats. This is not going to end. All of Central America is emptying into the U.S.

This is what most not all but most Democrats want, they want those people over here so they the Dems can control what happens here in the States, as long as they keep those people coming and getting them here in the states the Dems will have all their votes once they get them living here legally. The Dems need them illegal or legally.. 
    Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Now viewing page 6 [20 messages per page]
    Jump to forum :
    Search this forum
    Printer friendly version
    E-mail a link to this thread
    Message format

'
    Registered to: Barrel Horse World
    (Delete all cookies set by this site)
    Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software