Come on in Folks on-line

Today is

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.

“Why do wealthy politicians build walls, fences and gates around their homes?

Jump to page :
Last activity 2019-01-17 10:01 AM
112 replies, 3565 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh

OregonBR
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2019-01-10 4:17 PM
Subject: RE: “Why do wealthy politicians build walls, fences and gates around their homes?

Military family

Champ

Valid question: If Trump would have signed that bill that the P & S show wanted him to sign with $54 BILLION in foreign aid and $0 for the wall funding, what do you think the chances are the dems would have discussed or acted on anything to do with the border wall?? Zero, zip, nada, no chance in h*ll. They won't even discuss it WITH the government shut down. So why do you think WE (Trump and us citizens that support him) should weaken our resolve when they don't give a rats behind about the government workers?? $5.6 Billion for a wall they have voted for in the past but never sufficiently funded vs $54 BILLION to give away to another country(s) who probably hates our guts. Which is a better investment??

ETA: IMO this power struggle is more about revealing what douches the dems/liberals are and their idea of what's important than the wall. Because in the end there is a back up plan to build it. The Army Corps of Engineers can oversee the wall and work with border patrol on what they need. At least this time someone is listening to what they need. The money can come from the military budget. This has been said on the back channels (real news) for several months now. I knew about it for many weeks. I was made fun of on here by a couple of liberal yahoos a couple of weeks ago when I said something they knew nothing about.

Edited by OregonBR 2019-01-10 4:42 PM
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Bear
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2019-01-10 5:10 PM
Subject: RE: “Why do wealthy politicians build walls, fences and gates around their homes?

BHW Resident Surgeon

NJJ - 2019-01-10 4:02 PM

Bear - 2019-01-10 3:44 PM
NJJ - 2019-01-10 3:35 PM
Bear - 2019-01-10 3:15 PM
NJJ - 2019-01-10 12:27 PM Do the math .....there is a VERY simple solution to the funding of the wall (5 Billion) ..... EVERY one who voted for Trump (62,979,879) kicks into the coffers an additional $80 ........ whoo-hooooo ..... the wall is paid for .....
OR

Those who voted for Trump in the bordering states (TX, NM, AZ, and CA) only need to kick in approx. $470 ...... whooo-hooo....wall is paid for ..... 

I kind of wonder why the verteran's GoFundMe account to raise money for the wall didn't go over the limit ....why ....because most of you won't put money where your mouth is ....he should have easily raised the 1 Billion that he was trying for IF there was that much support for the wall .....

Tell you what, Norma. I’d be all for your idea, so long as all 63 million of us don’t have to pay for your party’s “Medicare for all”, “free college for all”, and “minimum incomes for all”.
Once again you are full of sh*t as usual ..... They are NOT "my" party....however, through the years, I have voted that way ..... I happen to vote for the PERSON or the lesser of two evils (like 2016) ..... 
No, they are your party. You defend them every chance you get. You have always been that way. Are you for or against the wall, Norma? Now get your as$ back in the kitchen where you belong and grill me my porterhouse.

LOL .... you have NEVER seen me defend Pelosi or any of her cohorts. I am "on the fence" over the wall ..... can I dig under or climb over....LOL

I AM AGAINST the holding of the federal workers, who only want to get back to work to get paid, "hostage" over ANY issue ..... I wasn't in favor of it when Obama shut it down over health care. I think it is ludicrous that ANY worker should be penalized because we have elected officials that can't get beyond "petty" differences.  I don't blame the Republicans (Trump)  OR Democrats.....they all need to get slapped "upside the head" and work it out. Unfortunately, there is MUCH MORE to this immigration problem than just building a wall.

So who is holding them hostage? Who do you blame?
If you are “on the fence” about the wall after all these years of debating illegal immigration, something is wrong, in my opinion. When Congress was debating whether or not to borrow $900 Billion on the stimulus bill the debate went on for about 2-3 months before it passed. One of Obama’s first programs, “Cash for Clunkers” cost taxpayers $3-4 Billion, and it lasted 2 months before it was curtailed, because people with old cars recognized it was a sucker’s deal and cashed in. What did taxpayers get for it? Bupkus...nada..zilch....zed....zero.
Don’t sit and whine to me about Trump holding government workers hostage. Their games are costing innocent citizen’s lives. People are sick and tired of the political gamesmanship over a problem with obvious solutions. I just don’t understand how anyone could be “on the fence” over something so clear and clarion.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
NJJ
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2019-01-10 5:14 PM

Military family

Fact Checker

Bear - 2019-01-10 5:10 PM
NJJ - 2019-01-10 12:27 PM Do the math .....there is a VERY simple solution to the funding of the wall (5 Billion) ..... EVERY one who voted for Trump (62,979,879) kicks into the coffers an additional $80 ........ whoo-hooooo ..... the wall is paid for .....
OR

Those who voted for Trump in the bordering states (TX, NM, AZ, and CA) only need to kick in approx. $470 ...... whooo-hooo....wall is paid for ..... 

I kind of wonder why the verteran's GoFundMe account to raise money for the wall didn't go over the limit ....why ....because most of you won't put money where your mouth is ....he should have easily raised the 1 Billion that he was trying for IF there was that much support for the wall .....

Tell you what, Norma. I’d be all for your idea, so long as all 63 million of us don’t have to pay for your party’s “Medicare for all”, “free college for all”, and “minimum incomes for all”.
Once again you are full of sh*t as usual ..... They are NOT "my" party....however, through the years, I have voted that way ..... I happen to vote for the PERSON or the lesser of two evils (like 2016) ..... 
No, they are your party. You defend them every chance you get. You have always been that way. Are you for or against the wall, Norma? Now get your as$ back in the kitchen where you belong and grill me my porterhouse.
LOL .... you have NEVER seen me defend Pelosi or any of her cohorts. I am "on the fence" over the wall ..... can I dig under or climb over....LOL

I AM AGAINST the holding of the federal workers, who only want to get back to work to get paid, "hostage" over ANY issue ..... I wasn't in favor of it when Obama shut it down over health care. I think it is ludicrous that ANY worker should be penalized because we have elected officials that can't get beyond "petty" differences.  I don't blame the Republicans (Trump)  OR Democrats.....they all need to get slapped "upside the head" and work it out. Unfortunately, there is MUCH MORE to this immigration problem than just building a wall.
So who is holding them hostage? Who do you blame? If you are “on the fence” about the wall after all these years of debating illegal immigration, something is wrong, in my opinion. When Congress was debating whether or not to borrow $900 Billion on the stimulus bill the debate went on for about 2-3 months before it passed. One of Obama’s first programs, “Cash for Clunkers” cost taxpayers $3-4 Billion, and it lasted 2 months before it was curtailed, because people with old cars recognized it was a sucker’s deal and cashed in. What did taxpayers get for it? Bupkus...nada..zilch....zed....zero. Don’t sit and whine to me about Trump holding government workers hostage. Their games are costing innocent citizen’s lives. People are sick and tired of the political gamesmanship over a problem with obvious solutions. I just don’t understand how anyone could be “on the fence” over something so clear and clarion.

Oh .... GOOD GRIEF ..... didn't you see the "LOL" ......  you are just so wrapped up in trying to hate on someone, aren't you?
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
CJE
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2019-01-10 5:36 PM

Famous for Not Complaining

Mighty Broke - 2019-01-09 12:10 PM

The people that feel the wall will not work---why did you not speak up when Obama funded it ???? Because the media did not tell you to then---such puppets.It is hilarious and pitiful all at the same time. 

Thank you
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
CJE
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2019-01-10 5:43 PM

Famous for Not Complaining

Bear - 2019-01-09 4:15 PM

NJJ - 2019-01-10 12:27 PM

Do the math .....there is a VERY simple solution to the funding of the wall (5 Billion) ..... EVERY one who voted for Trump (62,979,879) kicks into the coffers an additional $80 ........ whoo-hooooo ..... the wall is paid for .....
OR

Exactly
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
jbhoot
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2019-01-10 6:20 PM

Proud to be Deplorable

I have been thinking about How you could pay for the wall/fence what ever. So I did a little research on how many cars trucks and passengers cross the southern boarder a year legally. Thou I could not find a number just for the southern boarder I added up all the ports of entry stats for Ca. Az. NM.and Texas. It's well over 100,000,000 cars and trucks and well over 200,000,000 passengers. If you charged 25.00 per car and fifty for trucks and 10.00 per person there is your money. Now I know that some one would file a law suit saying that this racist because it only for the southern boarder. Ok make it for all ports of entry airports shipping ports Northern boarder etc. The figure becomes shall we say "Holly S***" and that is only charging them to come in. What if you charged the both ways? I know many will say OH YOU CAN'T DO THAT WITHOUT CONGRESS. I say not so fast. All of this falls under the DOT which is under the President. And as long as you don't call it a tax but a transportation use fee it's legal. Many country's already do this.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Bear
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2019-01-10 6:22 PM

BHW Resident Surgeon

NJJ - 2019-01-10 5:14 PM

OR

So who is holding them hostage? Who do you blame? If you are “on the fence” about the wall after all these years of debating illegal immigration, something is wrong, in my opinion. When Congress was debating whether or not to borrow $900 Billion on the stimulus bill the debate went on for about 2-3 months before it passed. One of Obama’s first programs, “Cash for Clunkers” cost taxpayers $3-4 Billion, and it lasted 2 months before it was curtailed, because people with old cars recognized it was a sucker’s deal and cashed in. What did taxpayers get for it? Bupkus...nada..zilch....zed....zero. Don’t sit and whine to me about Trump holding government workers hostage. Their games are costing innocent citizen’s lives. People are sick and tired of the political gamesmanship over a problem with obvious solutions. I just don’t understand how anyone could be “on the fence” over something so clear and clarion.

Oh .... GOOD GRIEF ..... didn't you see the "LOL" ......  you are just so wrapped up in trying to hate on someone, aren't you?

Honey, you know I love your crabby old ass. I ain’t hatin’ on nobody. We enjoy slapping each other up...admit it.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
OregonBR
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2019-01-10 6:29 PM

Military family

Champ

jbhoot - 2019-01-10 4:20 PM

I have been thinking about How you could pay for the wall/fence what ever. So I did a little research on how many cars trucks and passengers cross the southern boarder a year legally. Thou I could not find a number just for the southern boarder I added up all the ports of entry stats for Ca. Az. NM.and Texas. It's well over 100,000,000 cars and trucks and well over 200,000,000 passengers. If you charged 25.00 per car and fifty for trucks and 10.00 per person there is your money. Now I know that some one would file a law suit saying that this racist because it only for the southern boarder. Ok make it for all ports of entry airports shipping ports Northern boarder etc. The figure becomes shall we say "Holly S***" and that is only charging them to come in. What if you charged the both ways? I know many will say OH YOU CAN'T DO THAT WITHOUT CONGRESS. I say not so fast. All of this falls under the DOT which is under the President. And as long as you don't call it a tax but a transportation use fee it's legal. Many country's already do this.

You're brilliant. Send this to Trump. He will listen. First president in history that actually listens.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
NJJ
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2019-01-10 6:31 PM

Military family

Fact Checker

Bear - 2019-01-10 6:22 PM
NJJ - 2019-01-10 5:14 PM
OR

Honey, you know I love your crabby old ass. I ain’t hatin’ on nobody. We enjoy slapping each other up...admit it.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
texpat
Reg. Jun 2013
Posted 2019-01-10 7:19 PM

Regular

Folks, remember, the same element of society that thinks "The Wall" is a bad idea think Obamacare is a wonnnnderful idea (long on premiums, short on coverage). This explains much about who these Socialists are....and make no mistake, what is foremost on their agenda is staging the silent coup of our President through obstruction.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Gator Bug
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2019-01-10 7:56 PM

Elite Veteran

Norma... I think I can call you that as Bear did. But if you want NJJ fine. Just let me know.

Please don't blame 1DSoon, as I think I got the Iowa thing started. Your profile says...  Displaced Iowegian. So, I thought you were from Iowa. What do they call people from Iowa? Please don't blame 1DSoon, they get enough crap on here. My bad.

Did I take it wrong and you live on the Boarder? 

My apolgies.  

Edited by Gator Bug 2019-01-10 7:58 PM
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
NJJ
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2019-01-10 8:57 PM

Military family

Fact Checker

Gator Bug - 2019-01-10 7:56 PM Norma... I think I can call you that as Bear did. But if you want NJJ fine. Just let me know.

Please don't blame 1DSoon, as I think I got the Iowa thing started. Your profile says...  Displaced Iowegian. So, I thought you were from Iowa. What do they call people from Iowa? Please don't blame 1DSoon, they get enough crap on here. My bad.

Did I take it wrong and you live on the Boarder? 

My apolgies.  

LOL .... don't give 1DSoon much sympathy, He will begin to expect it. He deserves most of what he gets .... Don't you, Rick? 
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Chandler's Mom
Reg. Jan 2015
Posted 2019-01-10 11:25 PM

My Heart Be Happy

jbhoot - 2019-01-10 6:20 PM

Have you ever thought of running for office
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
TrackinBubba
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2019-01-11 7:14 AM

Poor Cracker Girl

I usually don't get into this kinda stuff. But I just can't help myself this morning. I'm cold and cranky. 

Yes, the border is an issue. It will always be an issue. Whether it's people from the south or fentanyl from the north. Build a wall. Build a fence. Paper the place with drones armed with machine guns. Line the border with a bunch of bros arm in arm playing Red Rover. Whatever. (Or fully fund and fix the broken, painfully slow, impossible to navigate, legal immigration process.)

What bothers me about this situation is that actual people, who go to work everyday and do their job, are pawns in a petty, playground argument. Yes, some will get back pay when this ****ing match ends. But tell that to the bank that holds the car note. Tell that to the mortgage lender. "Sorry, Mr. Banker. Wait until a bunch of politicians pull their collective heads out and I'll pay my obligations." It's ludicrous and stupid. 

There's enough blame to go around for every single decision maker, blue, red, purple, green. Neither side gives a **** about the people. It's about ego and winning and looking good on TV. 

Edited by TrackinBubba 2019-01-11 7:23 AM
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Bear
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2019-01-11 8:07 AM

BHW Resident Surgeon

OregonBR - 2019-01-10 9:55 PM

Ok folks. Here's some news you will NOT see on the TV or on MSM. EVER. You heard it here first. https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/09/pentagon-expired-funds-border-wal...

It will be interesting to see what happens if Trump manages to pull this off.
Stay tuned....
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
1DSoon
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2019-01-11 8:41 AM

TrackinBubba - 2019-01-11 8:14 AM I usually don't get into this kinda stuff. But I just can't help myself this morning. I'm cold and cranky. 

Yes, the border is an issue. It will always be an issue. Whether it's people from the south or fentanyl from the north. Build a wall. Build a fence. Paper the place with drones armed with machine guns. Line the border with a bunch of bros arm in arm playing Red Rover. Whatever. (Or fully fund and fix the broken, painfully slow, impossible to navigate, legal immigration process.)

What bothers me about this situation is that actual people, who go to work everyday and do their job, are pawns in a petty, playground argument. Yes, some will get back pay when this ****ing match ends. But tell that to the bank that holds the car note. Tell that to the mortgage lender. "Sorry, Mr. Banker. Wait until a bunch of politicians pull their collective heads out and I'll pay my obligations." It's ludicrous and stupid. 

There's enough blame to go around for every single decision maker, blue, red, purple, green. Neither side gives a **** about the people. It's about ego and winning and looking good on TV. 

There should have never beens o many Gov employees anyway. 

Maybe some will quit and they won't replace them.(pipe dream becasue I know they will)

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
MOGirl07
Reg. Feb 2012
Posted 2019-01-11 9:31 AM

Elite Veteran

CJE - 2019-01-10 5:43 PM

Bear - 2019-01-09 4:15 PM

NJJ - 2019-01-10 12:27 PM

Do the math .....there is a VERY simple solution to the funding of the wall (5 Billion) ..... EVERY one who voted for Trump (62,979,879) kicks into the coffers an additional $80 ........ whoo-hooooo ..... the wall is paid for .....
OR

Exactly

What a wonderful world this would be, eh?!
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Frodo
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2019-01-11 12:23 PM

"Heck's Coming With Me"

Aren't these federal workers on pension plans where when they retire at 52 years of age or so, we all have to pick up the tab for the rest of their lives?  Isn't this part of the reason the U.S. is so deeply in debt.  

Edited by Frodo 2019-01-11 12:25 PM
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
3canstorun
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2019-01-11 12:28 PM

Hugs to You

Frodo - 2019-01-11 1:23 PM Aren't these federal workers on pension plans where when they retire at 52 years of age or so, we all have to pick up the tab for the rest of their lives?  Isn't this part of the reason the U.S. is so deeply in debt.  

That is the reason a lot of cities and states are in trouble.  No one thought ahead to make sure the money was in there.  Also, their health insurance is paid for too.  No thought when that was put in place either for inflation.   
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Foxy J.R.
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2019-01-11 12:35 PM

Regular

You know what NJ - I would gladly kick in for the border wall. However, there is no way on God's green earth I would trust anybody in Washington to use the money for the wall and only the wall.  You don't live here and you have no idea what it's like to have to carry a gun on your own ranch because you can never tell who might be in the brush.  And I live 90 miles from the border.  So you go ahead and throw mud at us while living well away from our daily problems.  I'm tired of the media, politicians and people who have not lived here telling me that there is no border problem. 
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Jump to page :
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

© Copyright 2002- BarrelHorseWorld.com All rights reserved including digital rights

Support - Contact / Log in to my account

Working Truck World Working Horse World Cargo Trailer World Horse Trailer World Roping Horse World
'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software