Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
“Why do wealthy politicians build walls, fences and gates around their homes?
Moderators: luluwhit, gotothewhip, crossspur, ForumAdmin

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 5 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2019-01-14 2:45 PM
106 replies, 2428 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

NJJ
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2019-01-11 1:08 PM (#7418763 - in reply to #7418761)
Subject: RE: “Why do wealthy politicians build walls, fences and gates around their homes?

Military family

Fact Checker

Foxy J.R. - 2019-01-11 12:35 PM You know what NJ - I would gladly kick in for the border wall. However, there is no way on God's green earth I would trust anybody in Washington to use the money for the wall and only the wall.  You don't live here and you have no idea what it's like to have to carry a gun on your own ranch because you can never tell who might be in the brush.  And I live 90 miles from the border.  So you go ahead and throw mud at us while living well away from our daily problems.  I'm tired of the media, politicians and people who have not lived here telling me that there is no border problem. 

One ...... Ms. Green ..... I never said that you don't need a wall .....
Two ...... I never said that I did NOT support a wall but better yet...I DO support a complete overhaul of the immigration system from top to bottom
Three ..... I just gave YOU a viable solution to raising the money .....

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
GLP
Reg. Oct 2013
Posted 2019-01-11 2:47 PM (#7418768 - in reply to #7418761)
Subject: RE: “Why do wealthy politicians build walls, fences and gates around their homes?

I just read the headlines

Foxy J.R. - 2019-01-11 12:35 PM

You know what NJ - I would gladly kick in for the border wall. However, there is no way on God's green earth I would trust anybody in Washington to use the money for the wall and only the wall.  You don't live here and you have no idea what it's like to have to carry a gun on your own ranch because you can never tell who might be in the brush.  And I live 90 miles from the border.  So you go ahead and throw mud at us while living well away from our daily problems.  I'm tired of the media, politicians and people who have not lived here telling me that there is no border problem. 

AMEN!!!! From a fellow South Texan!
Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2019-01-11 3:24 PM (#7418770 - in reply to #7418519)

A Somebody to Everybody

Building a wall is not going to solve all the problems with illegals but its a start. Texas is really to get it started and on board with Trump..  
Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2019-01-11 3:42 PM (#7418771 - in reply to #7418522)

A Somebody to Everybody

Whiteboy - 2019-01-09 2:06 PM I love the idea of a wall, but building a wall without fixing the immigration system is incomplete.  They must do both, at the same time.  Ag needs imigrants, America needs imigrants, but we need good immigrants.  The Dems say the wall is immoral, but allowing these "mexicans" to take on tremendous risk and cost just for a chance to get accross the boarder is immoral.  It cost them about $9,000/ person to have the coyotes get them accross the boarder, IF they live through the process.  The system is broken and the POL's must fix it.  

But building a wall would be a good step in the right direction to get things rolling and fixing what needs to be fix, getting that wall build might just wake up alot of the Dems and get them on board with Trump and start working together to get this broken system fixed. And get the imigrants to come over the right way if they really want to make their lives  better, like all the imigrants in the past have done. Theres many imigrants living over here and I know quite a few and they did it right.. 
Frodo
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2019-01-11 4:04 PM (#7418772 - in reply to #7418771)

"Heck's Coming With Me"

Southtxponygirl - 2019-01-11 3:42 PM

Whiteboy - 2019-01-09 2:06 PM I love the idea of a wall, but building a wall without fixing the immigration system is incomplete.  They must do both, at the same time.  Ag needs imigrants, America needs imigrants, but we need good immigrants.  The Dems say the wall is immoral, but allowing these "mexicans" to take on tremendous risk and cost just for a chance to get accross the boarder is immoral.  It cost them about $9,000/ person to have the coyotes get them accross the boarder, IF they live through the process.  The system is broken and the POL's must fix it.  

But building a wall would be a good step in the right direction to get things rolling and fixing what needs to be fix, getting that wall build might just wake up alot of the Dems and get them on board with Trump and start working together to get this broken system fixed. And get the imigrants to come over the right way if they really want to make their lives  better, like all the imigrants in the past have done. Theres many imigrants living over here and I know quite a few and they did it right.. 

....and a lot of them are seeking "free stuff." Several in the caravan were asked about our entitlements and the general answer was something like "why not?"

vjls
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2019-01-11 4:32 PM (#7418773 - in reply to #7418519)

Miracle in the Making

omly reason the wall is immorall now is because trump will do where as chck s Obama reid they talk no walk

dam sure funny they got walls and secutirt

Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2019-01-11 4:59 PM (#7418774 - in reply to #7418772)

A Somebody to Everybody

Frodo - 2019-01-11 4:04 PM
Southtxponygirl - 2019-01-11 3:42 PM
....and a lot of them are seeking "free stuff." Several in the caravan were asked about our entitlements and the general answer was something like "why not?"

And this is where they need to start fixing the broken system, stop giving these people a reward for breaking our laws..  
vjls
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2019-01-12 8:55 AM (#7418804 - in reply to #7418519)

Miracle in the Making

i wish i coud copy paste the video steve sanchez posted   every dam democrat that is now saying imorral has at 1 time been saying the exact same thing trump is saying now  why in earth does not someone  confront them with their own word and ask what has changed? 
Frodo
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2019-01-12 11:44 AM (#7418810 - in reply to #7418804)

"Heck's Coming With Me"

vjls - 2019-01-12 8:55 AM i wish i coud copy paste the video steve sanchez posted   every dam democrat that is now saying imorral has at 1 time been saying the exact same thing trump is saying now  why in earth does not someone  confront them with their own word and ask what has changed? 
They show the soundbites over and over again on FOX although I know not everyone has access to cable news.   It's Barack, Hillary, Chuck, Nancy all saying the same thing "we need a physical barrier" only now they all seem to have changed their collective minds.  Every employee of the Border Patrol FOX has spoken with says only a wall will slow this invasion down.

Edited by Frodo 2019-01-12 11:45 AM
abrooks
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2019-01-12 3:19 PM (#7418819 - in reply to #7418519)

Good Ole Boys just Fine with Me

I’m amazed at some the arguements for people opposing the wall. There’s a barrel racer on FB that gets all wound up about the wall and blames the illegal immigration and drug flow on us.
Bear
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2019-01-12 4:04 PM (#7418820 - in reply to #7418819)

BHW Resident Surgeon

abrooks - 2019-01-12 3:19 PM

I’m amazed at some the arguements for people opposing the wall. There’s a barrel racer on FB that gets all wound up about the wall and blames the illegal immigration and drug flow on us.

Actually, when you think of it, he’s right. Honestly, “we” (meaning our own government) only have ourselves to blame. It’s just too easy and too enticing to walk across the border illegally from that sh!thole, corrupt, crime-ridden, poverty stricken country into the US where you can earn 5-6 times the amount you would earn in Mexico.
It’s just too dam tempting, and if you get caught there are no consequences.
We’ve had E-Verify in the US for over 20 years. It isn’t mandated or enforced.
In areas where E-Verify has been uniformly applied, studies have shown a substantial reduction in illegal immigrants in the area. It should be federally mandated.
We need a wall....that’s obvious.
We need other tools that use high tech methods, like drones, electronic monitoring, drug detection, etc...
And yes, we need to deal with DACA, once and for all. Those kids are without a country, and it’s our own fault for letting them in. We need to start with a clean slate so we no longer have DACA kids, chain migration, etc...

Point being, “we” have ourselves to blame.
Bear
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2019-01-12 4:42 PM (#7418822 - in reply to #7418519)

BHW Resident Surgeon

I have a good friend who has been a real, conservative, genuine cowboy all his life. He’s worked on ranches along the West Texas southern border growing up into his early 30s. He is opposed to “ the Wall” and he doesn’t like Trump purely because of “the Wall”. He says the “equine industry” would be devastated by the wall. His claim is that cheap illegal workers are essential. I’ve heard this argument many times about how agriculture, ranching depends on illegals. I say that’s bullsh!t. The solution to that is a “workers permit” system. Problem solved. If they can’t afford at least minimum wage for those workers something is wrong. I don’t buy it.
Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2019-01-12 5:18 PM (#7418824 - in reply to #7418822)

A Somebody to Everybody

Bear - 2019-01-12 4:42 PM I have a good friend who has been a real, conservative, genuine cowboy all his life. He’s worked on ranches along the West Texas southern border growing up into his early 30s. He is opposed to “ the Wall” and he doesn’t like Trump purely because of “the Wall”. He says the “equine industry” would be devastated by the wall. His claim is that cheap illegal workers are essential. I’ve heard this argument many times about how agriculture, ranching depends on illegals. I say that’s bullsh!t. The solution to that is a “workers permit” system. Problem solved. If they can’t afford at least minimum wage for those workers something is wrong. I don’t buy it.

Oh yeah, This is what ranchers and some farmers depend on is the illegals, they will house them and pay them cheaply, but times are changing the illegals are getting to where they wont work for anything under minimum wage. Here in Seguin there where a few places these illegals and some with their green cards would gather and wait for contractors to come and pick them up for a day job, and alot wont work for under 14 dollars an hour, they pretty much set their own wage pay per hour..  But in the last few years I have not seen many like I use too sitting and waiting for someone to come and hire them for the day.. I'm guessing they are moving up the country for higher pay.. 
Bear
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2019-01-12 5:45 PM (#7418825 - in reply to #7418824)

BHW Resident Surgeon

Southtxponygirl - 2019-01-12 5:18 PM

Bear - 2019-01-12 4:42 PM I have a good friend who has been a real, conservative, genuine cowboy all his life. He’s worked on ranches along the West Texas southern border growing up into his early 30s. He is opposed to “ the Wall” and he doesn’t like Trump purely because of “the Wall”. He says the “equine industry” would be devastated by the wall. His claim is that cheap illegal workers are essential. I’ve heard this argument many times about how agriculture, ranching depends on illegals. I say that’s bullsh!t. The solution to that is a “workers permit” system. Problem solved. If they can’t afford at least minimum wage for those workers something is wrong. I don’t buy it.

Oh yeah, This is what ranchers and some farmers depend on is the illegals, they will house them and pay them cheaply, but times are changing the illegals are getting to where they wont work for anything under minimum wage. Here in Seguin there where a few places these illegals and some with their green cards would gather and wait for contractors to come and pick them up for a day job, and alot wont work for under 14 dollars an hour, they pretty much set their own wage pay per hour..  But in the last few years I have not seen many like I use too sitting and waiting for someone to come and hire them for the day.. I'm guessing they are moving up the country for higher pay.. 

But none of that is their fault. You can’t blame them. The average household income in Mexico is about $12K a year, but in the US, it’s about $70K. Hell, if they make $50K up here for the same work that would earn them $12K, how can anyone fault them? We let them get away with it.
Realistically, there ought to be consequences for employers who employ illegals who don’t use E-Verify. That would help a lot.
jbhoot
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2019-01-12 8:01 PM (#7418828 - in reply to #7418825)

Proud to be Deplorable

Bear - 2019-01-12 5:45 PM

But none of that is their fault. You can’t blame them. The average household income in Mexico is about $12K a year, but in the US, it’s about $70K. Hell, if they make $50K up here for the same work that would earn them $12K, how can anyone fault them? We let them get away with it.
Realistically, there ought to be consequences for employers who employ illegals who don’t use E-Verify. That would help a lot.

Bear I worked for one of the largest contracting company's in the nation based out of D.C. for several years. They used E-Verify and employed about 1000 carpenters and about 1400 painters better than 90% where Spanish. I worked on several large projects for them as a superintendent and got to know most of them on a personal bases. I would say that 50% have fake ID's really good ones but fake. Most have DL from Colorado or California because those states are easy to get ID's The company did their job they checked E-Verify and all tax's are taken out and they are paid the prevailing wage (which is not cheap in the DC market) The company hires them because they work hard and don't *****. In my view at least with large company's it is the E-Verify system that is broken. I agree there should be a better system for guest workers from the southern boarder we do it every day on the northern boarder with little problems. But until we get the boarder under control so that they can come in legally I don't see how this can be fixed. Until congress gets off their butts and make the changes needed this will continue. The president is only enforcing the law as written which is his job.
lonely va barrelxr
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2019-01-12 11:00 PM (#7418833 - in reply to #7418828)

Reaching for the stars....

jbhoot - 2019-01-12 9:01 PM
But none of that is their fault. You can’t blame them. The average household income in Mexico is about $12K a year, but in the US, it’s about $70K. Hell, if they make $50K up here for the same work that would earn them $12K, how can anyone fault them? We let them get away with it. Realistically, there ought to be consequences for employers who employ illegals who don’t use E-Verify. That would help a lot.
Bear I worked for one of the largest contracting company's in the nation based out of D.C. for several years. They used E-Verify and employed about 1000 carpenters and about 1400 painters better than 90% where Spanish. I worked on several large projects for them as a superintendent and got to know most of them on a personal bases. I would say that 50% have fake ID's really good ones but fake. Most have DL from Colorado or California because those states are easy to get ID's The company did their job they checked E-Verify and all tax's are taken out and they are paid the prevailing wage (which is not cheap in the DC market) The company hires them because they work hard and don't *****. In my view at least with large company's it is the E-Verify system that is broken. I agree there should be a better system for guest workers from the southern boarder we do it every day on the northern boarder with little problems. But until we get the boarder under control so that they can come in legally I don't see how this can be fixed. Until congress gets off their butts and make the changes needed this will continue. The president is only enforcing the law as written which is his job.

Ditto to the EVerify problem -- I worked as office manager at a landscaping company for 7 years and we had many employees who had multiple files under multiple names. ALL those successful through EVerify. MD is, or at least used to be, another state that was an easy ID state, so many of them would have a MD drivers license, which is nbd here in Northern VA. We even had multiple identities for the same person through the HB1 program.
Gator Bug
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2019-01-13 1:02 PM (#7418846 - in reply to #7418833)

Extreme Veteran

lonely va barrelxr - 2019-01-12 11:00 PM
jbhoot - 2019-01-12 9:01 PM
But none of that is their fault. You can’t blame them. The average household income in Mexico is about $12K a year, but in the US, it’s about $70K. Hell, if they make $50K up here for the same work that would earn them $12K, how can anyone fault them? We let them get away with it. Realistically, there ought to be consequences for employers who employ illegals who don’t use E-Verify. That would help a lot.

Ditto to the EVerify problem -- I worked as office manager at a landscaping company for 7 years and we had many employees who had multiple files under multiple names. ALL those successful through EVerify. MD is, or at least used to be, another state that was an easy ID state, so many of them would have a MD drivers license, which is nbd here in Northern VA. We even had multiple identities for the same person through the HB1 program.

I really have no idea why E-Verify has not been implemented. That was about the only thing Romney was right about. It should have been implemented a couple decades ago. It actually was in Reagan's Act back in 1986. Never truly implemented. It would raise wages. As all this talk with ranches and landscapers, if they paid real wages to actual citizens, E-Verify would work. With ranches and landscapers...just to name a few of industry categories that do this...they keep wages way low. They would self-deport if there was E-Verify. I do agree with a 'work permit' to a certain degree as well if it was handled right. I still agree with The Wall too.
Frodo
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2019-01-13 1:17 PM (#7418847 - in reply to #7418828)

"Heck's Coming With Me"

jbhoot - 2019-01-12 8:01 PM

With regard to Congress getting off their butts, a herd of Democrat Congressmen are in Puerto Rico this weekend basking in the sun, watching "Hamilton" and meeting with lobbyists.  I believe this includes Nancy Pelosi.  The shutdown and border crisis is the last things on their minds.  So is everything else related to their actual jobs.  So proud I work hard to pay their salaries.  

Gator Bug
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2019-01-13 1:51 PM (#7418849 - in reply to #7418847)

Extreme Veteran

Frodo - 2019-01-13 1:17 PM
With regard to Congress getting off their butts, a herd of Democrat Congressmen are in Puerto Rico this weekend basking in the sun, watching "Hamilton" and meeting with lobbyists.  I believe this includes Nancy Pelosi.  The shutdown and border crisis is the last things on their minds.  So is everything else related to their actual jobs.  So proud I work hard to pay their salaries.  

I do not understand why E-Verify can't work. We have Smart Phones and other technolgy that can verify a SS number for heavens sake! It can track people! And it can't verify a SS Number? Really? I just do not understand.  I guess Congress doesn't really want to use it to its fullest capabilities. 

Edited by Gator Bug 2019-01-13 1:53 PM
jbhoot
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2019-01-13 3:13 PM (#7418852 - in reply to #7418849)

Proud to be Deplorable

Gator Bug - 2019-01-13 1:51 PM

Frodo - 2019-01-13 1:17 PM

I do not understand why E-Verify can't work. We have Smart Phones and other technolgy that can verify a SS number for heavens sake! It can track people! And it can't verify a SS Number? Really? I just do not understand.  I guess Congress doesn't really want to use it to its fullest capabilities. 

I think it because it is a government program garbage in garbage out situation. I think we would be farther ahead to have Amex or Amazon run the E-Verify program.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 5 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software