Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Dishonest sellers
Moderators: luluwhit, gotothewhip, crossspur, ForumAdmin

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2019-03-20 10:34 AM
32 replies, 1840 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2019-03-18 3:01 PM (#7425175 - in reply to #7425172)
Subject: RE: Dishonest sellers

A Somebody to Everybody

FLITASTIC - 2019-03-18 2:48 PM

Southtxponygirl - 2019-03-18 12:44 PM

Theres not only dishonest sellers but there is dishonest buyers too.. They buy a high caliber barrel horse and then they cant ride it and start blaming the seller for selling them a nice horse they cant ride and make up cra* about the sellers and horse saying they are going to sue them for selling them the horse..Seen it all on here..

oHHH YES, I remember that!

Yep that was really crazy to come on a public forum to trash someone like the girl that sold the horse, I'm sure it happens a lot more then we hear about.

Edited by Southtxponygirl 2019-03-18 3:28 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
okhorselover
Reg. Feb 2016
Posted 2019-03-18 8:04 PM (#7425187 - in reply to #7424759)

Extreme Veteran

I bought my first barrel horse in 1996 from his breeder. He was 8 yr's old. His breeder started him, gave him all the best training that I could ever ask for " took out on trails, ponied horses on the track, worked with cattle, etc. She told me everything about him. She knew him. She was his breeder. He was the best horse ever for me. I was 40 when I decided to learn to barrel race. This horse " he's the one in my avitar" taught me to barrel race. He was the best ever & he won alot for us. He was with me untill I had to say good-by to him 4 years ago. He was 27. My point is, is may-be people should be looking for horses they want from a breeder. There are many wonderful barrel breeders who have started horses to sell & they are more apt to be there for you if you run into problems. I'm not saying all sellers are evil, cause they aren't. I know many wonderful one, sellers who match the horse & rider, but there are those horrible ones, who drug, who lie, who scam just to make a buck. Anyway, just a thought. For your next horse, may-be consiter a reputable breeder. 

CrossDRanch
Reg. Nov 2012
Posted 2019-03-19 8:17 AM (#7425207 - in reply to #7424759)

Elite Veteran

Seems like many in the horse trading business seem to expect you to know that dishonesty is part of the selling/buying game, and you should be away of that.

The Horse Trade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpYfPXA73Pw

merdth6
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2019-03-19 10:03 AM (#7425227 - in reply to #7424759)

Expert

I understand that there are dishonest sellers out there and buyers that do not come to terms with their riding ablility. I also understand that some buyers will throw the seller under the bus because of the buyers ability to ride the horse. In this case, this seller was well known and knowingly put this horse up forsale and misrepresented this horse. If he has a dangerous quirk, then disclose it! Buyers need to beware and I totally understand this, but doesn't mean this should be acceptable! I just don't know who people can live with themselves to sell horses like this. It's almost stealing money or fraud.

merdth6
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2019-03-19 10:45 AM (#7425242 - in reply to #7424759)

Expert

another has been - 2019-03-19 10:29 AM

My brother just received a horse from a lady in Tx that was to be for his 6 year old grand daughter! He was told several times he  was dead broke and was patterned and sound.  she tells him he does have a place on leg but does NOT effect performance or gait - well they get him off trailer and he is very sore - he messages lady about it (she will not answer call) - my brother thinks maybe horse is sore from being on trailer - nope this horse is NOT sound and not for a young kid.  Seller will not answer phone, face book or anything.

It's one thing to lie about horse for an adult but when you know it is for a kid and you have been told everything about this kid from the day she was born (yes he is one proud grandpa) and that her pony is stubborn sosmetimes and he was looking for a horse that would not blow her out of the back of the saddle but would help her learn to ride and lope a barrel and pole pattern.  and said seller swears this horse is the real deal. Yep he was wrong for trusting and did not vet check in TX but he does have all kinds of text messages asking questions and her responses.  so its not over! sad thing is if she would talk to him he would work something out with her.

Very sorry for your friend, but I would never buy a horse without seeing the horse, esp for my kids. People are too crazy. My friend flew out and rode this horse once, when she got hurt this was the 2nd time riding him.

Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2019-03-19 11:11 AM (#7425248 - in reply to #7425242)

A Somebody to Everybody

another has been - 2019-03-19 11:07 AM

He thought he did his homework, he messaged several people called people around San Antonio area he knew and yes he should have gone but he has bought lots of horses for his wife and sons from all over and only had 1 bad deal.  No this horse was not a bronc but it is not sound.

Could you message me who the seller was, I live near San Antoino too, in Seguin so kinda would like to see if I know this person..

Gunner11
Reg. Mar 2011
Posted 2019-03-19 11:12 AM (#7425249 - in reply to #7424759)

Cute Little Imp

Sometimes even bringing a "horse expert" doesn't help. I was selling my brother's horse many years ago and had a young-ish (probabaly late teens/early 20's) girl come out to try her. She really liked the horse, the horse did everything perfect (mind you, she was riding in a wide open pasture). So anyways, she wants to come try the horse again and bring her "horse" friend. So they both show up and this "expert" is instructing me on what she wants me to do (pick up all her feet, etc). She's really starting to get on my nerves because she's trying to flex her knowledge muscles and show me she knows her stuff

So the original girl is riding the horse, and the horse is her usual peppy self--I wouldn't call her hot, but she has a lot of go and has pep in her step. So the "expert" warns the other girl "She'll buck you!" That was it, I was done with her. I said she most certainly will NOT buck, she's never even THOUGHT about bucking one single time the whole time we've had her. I told her I've known the horse for years and you've only known her for a few minutes so you can't make accusations like that. She sure changed her tune after that and was suddenly super nice

It all worked out too because the girl ended up buying the horse :)

So while it is good to bring someone who knows more than you do, make sure they don't insult the seller, lol.

merdth6
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2019-03-19 11:24 AM (#7425250 - in reply to #7425249)

Expert

Gunner11 - 2019-03-19 11:12 AM

Sometimes even bringing a "horse expert" doesn't help. I was selling my brother's horse many years ago and had a young-ish (probabaly late teens/early 20's) girl come out to try her. She really liked the horse, the horse did everything perfect (mind you, she was riding in a wide open pasture). So anyways, she wants to come try the horse again and bring her "horse" friend. So they both show up and this "expert" is instructing me on what she wants me to do (pick up all her feet, etc). She's really starting to get on my nerves because she's trying to flex her knowledge muscles and show me she knows her stuff

So the original girl is riding the horse, and the horse is her usual peppy self--I wouldn't call her hot, but she has a lot of go and has pep in her step. So the "expert" warns the other girl "She'll buck you!" That was it, I was done with her. I said she most certainly will NOT buck, she's never even THOUGHT about bucking one single time the whole time we've had her. I told her I've known the horse for years and you've only known her for a few minutes so you can't make accusations like that. She sure changed her tune after that and was suddenly super nice

It all worked out too because the girl ended up buying the horse :)

So while it is good to bring someone who knows more than you do, make sure they don't insult the seller, lol.

My friend only had her husband with. She had already purchased the horse, she was just there to get additional tips on what is the best way to ride the horse around barrels. 

*almost there*
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2019-03-19 11:36 AM (#7425253 - in reply to #7425250)

Expert

I’ve been on the other end, where I sold a horse with complete honesty, and then the horses personality changed with the new rider. Yes I took the horse back and yes it made me look like a liar and I was sick over it. 

But as I’ve grown, I’ve  learned a lot. I do not think all people are dishonest. I think that some horses behave differently based on people’s demeanors. I have a friend who is truly gifted and he can make anything look like a dead broke finished horse. 

Horses are living things and its the riders responsibility to help the horse make the transition to new ownership. 

want2chase3
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2019-03-19 12:28 PM (#7425261 - in reply to #7425253)

Warrior Mom

*almost there* - 2019-03-19 11:36 AM

I’ve been on the other end, where I sold a horse with complete honesty, and then the horses personality changed with the new rider. Yes I took the horse back and yes it made me look like a liar and I was sick over it. 

But as I’ve grown, I’ve  learned a lot. I do not think all people are dishonest. I think that some horses behave differently based on people’s demeanors. I have a friend who is truly gifted and he can make anything look like a dead broke finished horse. 

Horses are living things and its the riders responsibility to help the horse make the transition to new ownership. 

That's how my trainer is.. after reading this post it makes me even more grateful for him! The horse I returned to him, I had for a little over a year ... I truly tried to make it work but we just didnt click. He traded me for a much better suited horse for me... he still has the horse I returned back to him, hes actually one of his main roping horses now! He sold the horse, I think twice after I gave him back ... he ended up buying the horse back after the other people had some trouble with him too lol! So I think it's safe to say that's his horse because he has zero issue with him. He asks me if I want to ride him occasionally... NOPE NOPE NOPE!!! lol! 

*almost there*
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2019-03-19 1:13 PM (#7425266 - in reply to #7425261)

Expert

want2chase3 - 2019-03-19 10:28 AM

*almost there* - 2019-03-19 11:36 AM

That's how my trainer is.. after reading this post it makes me even more grateful for him! The horse I returned to him, I had for a little over a year ... I truly tried to make it work but we just didnt click. He traded me for a much better suited horse for me... he still has the horse I returned back to him, hes actually one of his main roping horses now! He sold the horse, I think twice after I gave him back ... he ended up buying the horse back after the other people had some trouble with him too lol! So I think it's safe to say that's his horse because he has zero issue with him. He asks me if I want to ride him occasionally... NOPE NOPE NOPE!!! lol! 

Too funny! How amazing it would be to be as gifted as them! But sure do feel for them when a horse isn’t willing to workout for other people, lol! Horses can be very opinionated.

Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2019-03-19 4:23 PM (#7425278 - in reply to #7424759)

A Somebody to Everybody

Well like I said theres dishonest buyers too. 

geronabean
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2019-03-20 10:34 AM (#7425312 - in reply to #7425278)

Queen Bean of Ponyland

Southtxponygirl - 2019-03-19 5:23 PM

Well like I said theres dishonest buyers too. 

AMEN!!!

Buyers who over rate their abilities who are really not 1D riders, but they sure think they are and they try your horse, can't come close to sticking it then blame you for being hard to ride behind! LOLOLOL

Riding a truely broke horse, what EVERYONE claims they want, need, must have... isn't real easy for MOST people. They over ride, over handle the horse then the horse responds and well... it's the horses fault.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software