Folks on-line
'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Pole Bending - Shutting Down Too Soon
Moderators: luluwhit, gotothewhip, crossspur, ForumAdmin

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [20 messages per page]
Last activity 2019-03-14 9:11 AM
20 replies, 683 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

enunley1000
Reg. Sep 2018
Posted 2019-03-14 9:11 AM (#7424931 - in reply to #7424888)
Subject: RE: Pole Bending - Shutting Down Too Soon

Bear - 2019-03-13 2:46 PM

enunley1000 - 2019-03-13 2:24 PM

Love the slalom analogy. We actually put on a Ken Smith pole bending clinic last spring (not sure if you are familiar with him) and that's how he describes it as well. He is the most sensitive horse I think I've ever ridden. Like you even think slow down and he's on it. He's been a good one for me though because prior to him I rode several crazy horses and he's super safe. Thanks so much for the advice! 

It’s really a treat to ride a well broke horse who is so “feely” that you swear it’s reading your mind.  You learn so much from them....even to the point that you have to pay attention to your eyeballs, I swear, and you sure as heck learn to never look down at them.  They feel that.

I agree about Ken Smith.  He’s a great instructor.

He's definitely pushed me to be a better rider!! He's a really neat horse. My four year old son rides him by himself, at home and at shows. Sometimes he frustrates the heck out of me because he forces me to be better! LOL but he's a cool one. 

Edited by enunley1000 2019-03-14 9:12 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [20 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)