Come on in Folks on-line

Today is

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.

Remembering 9/11 (2019)

Jump to page :
Last activity 2019-09-12 9:01 AM
49 replies, 492 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh

Nannette
Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2019-09-11 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: Remembering 9/11 (2019)

Best thing I've seen all day!!! <3 God bless all of Americans that answered the call that day and continue to.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Dave
Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2019-09-11 4:53 PM

What a great tribute, thanks Dave.
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Gotothewhip
Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2019-09-11 5:21 PM

So much - overwhelming actually- emotions on this day.

Never forget

Gail- your post gives me chills. God Bless Jake and all who protect us
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Sg.
Reg. Dec 1899
Posted 2019-09-11 8:18 PM

I still get choked up and teary eyed remembering God be with all those who have sacrificed their lives
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Chandler's Mom
Reg. Jan 2015
Posted 2019-09-11 8:52 PM

My Heart Be Happy

May we never forget and ALWAYS honor our armed forces who protect us. . . 

Thank you for this, Mr Dave and Miss Gail 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
jettster
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2019-09-11 9:43 PM
Subject: RE: Remembering 9/11 (2019)

...Dot Dot Dot...

I'll never forget.....

I was getting ready for work, as a server at Adobe Springs Cafe'.

I watched the first tower go down live.. I was stunned, I started crying and didn't want to leave the TV.

At the restaurant my boss , Steve May was keeping us informed as were the customers , all coming in and reporting in tears what they saw.

I saw Steve May today at our local 9-11 Memorial in Gough Park.

It was good to see him, and it was tearful as one of the guest speakers ...lost family .

All our First Responders were in full dress uniforms, and for a moment we all had our sense of unity restored.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2019-09-11 9:49 PM

Military family

Never miss a good chance to shut up.

Thank you to everyone who remembers 9/11 and takes a moment to reflect.  

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Gail
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2019-09-11 9:58 PM

Military family

"Mom"

Thank you so much for allowing us to shut down the BarrelhorseWorld for a day.   So many lives were shut down permanently that day.  Reading the accounts of 9/11 from our friends has been interesting and we appreciate your sharing.

God Bless America and may he watch over and protect those still in the fight against terror!

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
uno-dos-tres!
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2019-09-12 8:33 AM

Expert

Last night at crossfit our instructor had us stop and do a one minute plank every time we were in the middle of our rounds when the clock hit 9/11. All I could imagine were the Firefighters running up those long flights of stairs in an attempt to do what they do best. I didn't feel the usual burn in my arms nor the shiver in my stomach muscles. I just thought of those that gave all. May they; first responders and the victims always be remember thoughout our history as a Nation. 

I will never forget that day and the call from my officer to get to College Station as the President wanted every person on a Tech Team to be ready. I took my son to my parents ranch as they were two hours from a major town. Told him to stay there and that I loved him. (I had the feeling we would go to immediate war.) As a professional firefighter I have seen many scenes but nothing prepared me for what our task force was going to be doing. The hardest thing however was walking away and not doing anything. There was nothing to be done, no signs of life. Life changed for me on that tour. I really dislike major events now, I cringe when they ramp up the Texas Task Force for I know that as humans we're so vunerable to what the world can throw at us. 

Everyday, at the top of the day I give thanks to God for our USA, the men and women that protect us abroad and on our homeland soil. May he guide the ones that make critical decisions that would affect each and every American. 

Lord, we thank you for the Blessings you have bestowed on America. 

Thanks, Dave and Gail for the tribute. Be still, and take in what happened it's so touching even 18 years later. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Gail
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2019-09-12 9:01 AM

Military family

"Mom"

uno-dos-tres! - 2019-09-12 8:33 AM

Last night at crossfit our instructor had us stop and do a one minute plank every time we were in the middle of our rounds when the clock hit 9/11. All I could imagine were the Firefighters running up those long flights of stairs in an attempt to do what they do best. I didn't feel the usual burn in my arms nor the shiver in my stomach muscles. I just thought of those that gave all. May they; first responders and the victims always be remember thoughout our history as a Nation. 

I will never forget that day and the call from my officer to get to College Station as the President wanted every person on a Tech Team to be ready. I took my son to my parents ranch as they were two hours from a major town. Told him to stay there and that I loved him. (I had the feeling we would go to immediate war.) As a professional firefighter I have seen many scenes but nothing prepared me for what our task force was going to be doing. The hardest thing however was walking away and not doing anything. There was nothing to be done, no signs of life. Life changed for me on that tour. I really dislike major events now, I cringe when they ramp up the Texas Task Force for I know that as humans we're so vunerable to what the world can throw at us. 

Everyday, at the top of the day I give thanks to God for our USA, the men and women that protect us abroad and on our homeland soil. May he guide the ones that make critical decisions that would affect each and every American. 

Lord, we thank you for the Blessings you have bestowed on America. 

Thanks, Dave and Gail for the tribute. Be still, and take in what happened it's so touching even 18 years later. 

While I appreciate your thanks the real thanks goes to you.

Thank God there are courageous people like you.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Jump to page :
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

© Copyright 2002- BarrelHorseWorld.com All rights reserved including digital rights

Support - Contact / Log in to my account

Working Truck World Working Horse World Cargo Trailer World Horse Trailer World Roping Horse World
'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software