Come on in Folks on-line

Today is

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.

Occupations?

Jump to page :
Last activity 2019-11-13 9:12 AM
24 replies, 918 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh

FLITASTIC
Reg. Jun 2012
Posted 2019-11-12 12:22 PM
Subject: RE: Occupations?

Expert

Teacher of 25 years here!!!! Love my job to. Where I am at there is opportunity for growth. I make more salary every year I stay in the profession. I get to coach sports and teach college level kids. Best of the best! 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
RunNitroRun
Reg. Oct 2011
Posted 2019-11-12 3:46 PM

Elite Veteran

I am a construction project manager for large commerical construction projects.  I am lucky that I have a position that is Monday to Friday 37.5 hours a week. I work 3 days a week and home, and at our office two other days. I have flexible hours. I conduct site visits on my office days and file paperwork on my days I work from home. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
JLazyT_perf_horses
Reg. Dec 2010
Posted 2019-11-12 4:16 PM

Elite Veteran

I have a bachelors in accounting and don't use it. I was immediately offered a job where my dad works, they needed another administrative assitant and when the office manager retires I get that job. We build all the tanks, dryers, pressure vessels, etc for grain alcohol processing. So for the ADMs and such type places. I'm in charge of payroll and accounts payable, and then do the cash receipts sometimes. I get to wear a tshirt/hoodie, jeans, sneakers, mocs, boots, whatever and I can take off whenever I want for horse stuff. In the last 2 months I've taken off at least a few hours of a day at least a dozen times, no one cares. Its the perfect job & pays enough for me to board 3 horses and have a house on just 1 income. I started out kind of at the bottom, but have gained quickly. April will be my 5th year here and I will then have 3 weeks of paid vacation and I can't tell you how excited I am for that lol 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Too Tall
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2019-11-12 9:29 PM

Elite Veteran

Massage therapist for 20 years now and still love it! I’ve worked Mon Tues Thurs for many years now. That schedule allowed me to haul a lot. 

I also sell Norwex, originally for the discount but now to also enjoy extra money that’s easy on my hands and wrists  

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
JcNhEmI
Reg. Apr 2009
Posted 2019-11-13 9:12 AM

Living within my means

I am an accounting clerk, I don't get paid great, but I also have no schooling. I've been at my job 6.5 years, I get 4 weeks vacation and a week of sick time. My boss is very flexible and I can usually take off when I need, but I am tied down the first week of every month and have to be here. 

I'd love to find a second part time job, something work from home would be great but I haven't been able to find anything. I'm not wanting MLM I'd like a data entry job or something I could do from home. 

I do have a small herd of cows, which is what mostly pays for my horses, but they don't make me rich by any means. 

Nursing school is hard, but if that's what you want to do it will pay off in the end. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Jump to page :
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

© Copyright 2002- BarrelHorseWorld.com All rights reserved including digital rights

Support - Contact / Log in to my account

Working Truck World Working Horse World Cargo Trailer World Horse Trailer World Roping Horse World
'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software