Come on in Folks on-line

Today is

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.

Purina

Jump to page :
Last activity 2019-11-14 9:46 PM
22 replies, 880 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh

blackhorse1
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2019-11-14 3:10 PM
Subject: RE: Purina

Regular

I love Purina.  I would suggest that ask at your feed store who is the Purina rep for your area.  They are great about meeting up with you (I had one come to my place and look at my horses to discuss their needs) and coming up with a plan.  They looked the horses over for overall body score and we went from there. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Chandler's Mom
Reg. Jan 2015
Posted 2019-11-14 8:00 PM

My Heart Be Happy

Runninbay - 2019-11-14 9:53 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies! I called and spoke with Purina yesterday to narrow down my choices. I had mostly decided on the Ultium Gastric but my feed store sells it for $29...so needless to say, im going to have to try a cheaper option. My second choice was the Strategy line - still kind of trying to decide between the Healthy Edge and the GX. They both have the Outlast which is great. It looks like the GX is designed to cover all stages of horses but that doesnt appeal to me because I have two horses with the same job, so I'm thinking the Healthy Edge might be the way to go here. Seems to have good reviews based on the replies here. * I wanted to add that I looked at the Omolene feeds but they only seem to come in textured and my horses tend to like pelleted better it seems. So I've narrowed down my choices based on that as well.

These 3 are on the Healthy Edge.  This was during the summer when they were each getting about 3 handfuls a day.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
want2chase3
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2019-11-14 9:46 PM

Warrior Mom

I've heard a lot of good things about the Omolene 200. I've never fed the omolene line personally,  but I know plenty that do and are very happy with it. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Jump to page :
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

© Copyright 2002- BarrelHorseWorld.com All rights reserved including digital rights

Support - Contact / Log in to my account

Working Truck World Working Horse World Cargo Trailer World Horse Trailer World Roping Horse World
'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software