Come on in Folks on-line

Today is

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.

PROBE: Search me, O God

Jump to page :
Last activity 2020-01-20 7:05 PM
1 replies, 398 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh

Ladyjockey 2
Reg. Jan 2018
Posted 2020-01-20 8:09 AM
Subject: PROBE: Search me, O God

Extreme Veteran

Search me, O God, and know my heart...see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in a way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

The essence of biblical repentance is embedded beautifully in the old and often repeated story of the prodigal son. The young man found himself not only broke, having left his family home and spent his inheritance, but BROKEN...while feeding swine in a pigpen, he actually longed for the husks they were eating, and he "came to himself" Luke 15:17. This first step in the repentance process, this change of mind, brought about the second step, a change in his will, his volition.  In the next verse he exclaimed, " I will arise and to to my father".  Once his mind and will changed, his ACTIONS were sure to follow. Thus we read, 'He arose and came to his father."v 20. Repentance is a change of mind. THAT IS IT!  And how do we know that we have TRULY CHANGED our minds?  Our volition( act of willing,excercise of will) will be changed as well, and our changed actions , resulting in a new life DIRECTION, will follow naturally as water running downhill.  Repentance and faith are INSEPARABLE, born a the same time.   They are two sides of the same coin. Repentance alone WILL NOT get you to heaven, but you cant get there without it.  No wonder Jesus said, Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand" Matthew 4:17. Ask God today to bring to the surface of your heart and mind that thing that displeases Him and for which you need to repent. Then CHANGE you mind about it, and your will and actions will follow.  Lord, I AM WILLING; I am willing to be made willing! Grant me repentance and faith today. I throw myself upon Your mercy and stand in Your grace(favor). In Jesus' MIGHTY NAME AMEN. For it is WITH God ALL things ARE POSSIBLE. Matthew 19:26

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Chandler's Mom
Reg. Jan 2015
Posted 2020-01-20 7:05 PM
Subject: RE: PROBE: Search me, O God

My Heart Be Happy

AMEN

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Jump to page :
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

© Copyright 2002- BarrelHorseWorld.com All rights reserved including digital rights

Support - Contact / Log in to my account

Working Truck World Working Horse World Cargo Trailer World Horse Trailer World Roping Horse World
'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software