Come on in Folks on-line

Today is

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.

Stallions-So many options

Jump to page :
Last activity 2020-02-19 3:16 PM
18 replies, 703 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh

FNR2016
Reg. Feb 2020
Posted 2020-02-12 1:35 PM
Subject: Stallions-So many options

There are so many FABULOUS studs out there. Looking to breed 2021 for a keeper.

Mare is TB Racing on top and foundation on bottom. Was a 3D mare herself, but has way outproduced herself. She was very turny in style. Her babies have all been super conformationally correct. Strong shoulder and hip. Will run long in the back if stud is long. Her babies are all different studs/lineage, but all have very similar personalities, so she for sure stamps them with that. Her babies by HOT HOT studs have same disposition as babies by level headed studs. 

Wish list: add bone/feet, stiffer style, quick feet, shorter back, trainability, good mind. My lifestyle does not accomodate riding 7 days a week, so if it can't pick back up after a few days, it'll have to go. 

I'd love some DTF butt drag...hince all the DTF. 

Current list of considerations: 

Streaking Ta Fame (DTF x SS)

Carrizzo (DTF x Sail On Bunny)

Famous Bugs (DTF x BA75)

JL Sirocco (DTF x Solara)

Stoli (FDD x Beduino)

Heavenly Firewater (JLDTH x FWF)

Slick by Design and Winners Version are on the list but I'm a little unsure of them.

I'd love the input of some experienced hands. I have contacted people I respect and some breeders, but broadening my pool. 

We've narrowed this list down from a much longer list. If the stud has a million babies and only a handful of performers, not interested. If he's built like a weenie dog, not interested. If he does not ship well, not interested. If he has to be crossed on something that went to the NFR in order to produce a baby that can perform, not interested. Huge bonus if they've had sucessful crosses on appendix (I know Carrizzo and Sirocco have). 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Runninbay
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2020-02-12 3:28 PM
Subject: RE: Stallions-So many options

Georgia Peach

I just requested a contract for Famous Bugs for this year. Initially I had limited my choices to only those studs enrolled in the pink/ruby buckle since that is HOT right now but the more I branched out I realized there are some nice stallions outside of those programs. When I came accross Famous Bugs I was immediately impressed by his foals and I feel like he would cross nicely on my mare. He is over the 1 million dollar mark as a producer. Not to mention he is the only stallion out of Ms Wahini Bug who is a big producer herself. The horse that just won Kinder is a 3/4 sister to Famous Bugs - Famous Wahini. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
rpreast
Reg. Nov 2015
Posted 2020-02-12 4:12 PM

Extreme Veteran

I love my Streaking Ta Fame. My only complaint is she's little (her mama was tiny), which I've said over and over and over lol but she's put together well and she's easy to be around and ride. She's always picked everything up quickly. Smart, athletic, trainable. I want another one day, maybe just out of a bigger mare.  

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Whiteboy
Reg. Jul 2012
Posted 2020-02-12 4:50 PM

Military family

That's White "Man" to You

Runninbay - 2020-02-12 3:28 PM

I just requested a contract for Famous Bugs for this year. Initially I had limited my choices to only those studs enrolled in the pink/ruby buckle since that is HOT right now but the more I branched out I realized there are some nice stallions outside of those programs. When I came accross Famous Bugs I was immediately impressed by his foals and I feel like he would cross nicely on my mare. He is over the 1 million dollar mark as a producer. Not to mention he is the only stallion out of Ms Wahini Bug who is a big producer herself. The horse that just won Kinder is a 3/4 sister to Famous Bugs - Famous Wahini. 

I've got a famous bugs out of a bigtime producer.  Very nice horses.  

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
FNR2016
Reg. Feb 2020
Posted 2020-02-12 5:31 PM

rpreast - 2020-02-12 4:12 PM

I love my Streaking Ta Fame. My only complaint is she's little (her mama was tiny), which I've said over and over and over lol but she's put together well and she's easy to be around and ride. She's always picked everything up quickly. Smart, athletic, trainable. I want another one day, maybe just out of a bigger mare.  

He's one of my favorites on the list! This mare has already crossed with Streaking Six and BA 75 and produced a 1D mare. This mare is 15.2 and her babies have all been good size, so I think I'm good there. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Rough-up cowgirl
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2020-02-13 11:04 AM

Gotta Have a Gray

I have a FB out of a Martha's Six Moons mare and he is amazing. Super athlete but level headed enough my kiddos can ride him around at home or cool him out for me. I want another 1. Every single colt by him that I have seen personally (and have seen quite a few) have all be super nice under a variety of riders. Think that speaks to the mind he puts on his babies! 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
nettieb3
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2020-02-13 11:43 AM

Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Looks like u have your stallions narrows down but check out Fames French Ryan FB page. Babies just getting broke out. Two first ones were our test foals out of our stakes winning /producing thorobred. He is 15 hands and STOUT. Will be future fortunes this yr

Edited by nettieb3 2020-02-13 11:46 AM
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
FNR2016
Reg. Feb 2020
Posted 2020-02-13 12:19 PM

nettieb3 - 2020-02-13 11:43 AM

Looks like u have your stallions narrows down but check out Fames French Ryan FB page. Babies just getting broke out. Two first ones were our test foals out of our stakes winning /producing thorobred. He is 15 hands and STOUT. Will be future fortunes this yr

He's gorgeous! I have a daughter of Perks Firewater Flit that might make a cool cross on him down the road. We are pretty set on something already proven for this mare, just because she's older and this may be last foal for her. But, I will sure keep him in mind for the future! 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
SoDak
Reg. Jan 2013
Posted 2020-02-13 1:37 PM

Veteran

Out of that list I would go with Sirocco then Famous Bugs. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
FNR2016
Reg. Feb 2020
Posted 2020-02-14 4:50 AM

SoDak - 2020-02-13 1:37 PM

Out of that list I would go with Sirocco then Famous Bugs. 

I'm really liking Sirocco. Appendix mares are a fav cross of JL for him, which I would think is a pretty good sign ??

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
barrelracer66023
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2020-02-14 8:47 AM

It sounds like you have an incredible mare! 

I have a similar mare. She's a 2000 model Cash Not Credit x Hempen dtr. She's my heart horse, and I too am looking for a stud to compliment her with the thought that the baby will be with us forever. Diva sounds like she's built similarly to your mare. 

I am not a real stern person, and don't usually do as well with horses that are "gritty" or not affectionate. 

I am stalking your list, but wondering if you'd considered First Down French. I'm in love with him. 

Best of luck in 2020!

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Runninbay
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2020-02-14 8:52 AM

Georgia Peach

barrelracer66023 - 2020-02-14 9:47 AM

I have a similar mare. She's a 2000 model Cash Not Credit x Hempen dtr. She's my heart horse, and I too am looking for a stud to compliment her with the thought that the baby will be with us forever. Diva sounds like she's built similarly to your mare. 

I am not a real stern person, and don't usually do as well with horses that are "gritty" or not affectionate. 

I am stalking your list, but wondering if you'd considered First Down French. I'm in love with him. 

Best of luck in 2020!

It seems like the OP is mostly looking at DTF. However, I have a 6 year old by First Down French that I love. She is the first horse I have bred, raised and trained so she holds a special place. 

Edited by Runninbay 2020-02-14 8:53 AM
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
FNR2016
Reg. Feb 2020
Posted 2020-02-14 9:09 AM

barrelracer66023 - 2020-02-14 8:47 AM

Best of luck in 2020!

He looks awesome! I've kind of steared clear of FG because I feel like they are a little finer boned and they tend to be a more "lick the paint"/wrap style turn. I'm no pro for sure and could be totally wrong, but that is what I've seen. They're super nice but don't speak to my heart. We actually have a mare who is out of my BB mare x a FG stud and she's a witch LOL. Also super ratey and tended to get on the barrels. I'd rather have to sit hard than hustle hard (: 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
FNR2016
Reg. Feb 2020
Posted 2020-02-14 8:12 PM

Any one have knowledge of Stolis?

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
stayceem
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2020-02-14 8:32 PM

Not Afraid to Work

Just to throw out there since you are in the DTF realm. My fav is Lions Share of Fame. I saw him run as a futurity/derby horse and he was soo cool. I have heard nothing but great things about his quiet mind. I hope to breed to him when I am ready to breed my mare.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
della
Reg. Apr 2011
Posted 2020-02-14 11:19 PM

Peecans

I absoultly love Stoli I have not owned one but I have never seen one that was not a great horse, mind and talent. I have had TR Dasher (3/4 sibling to stoli) that I loved so much. The kindest most athletic horse I've ever had. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
FNR2016
Reg. Feb 2020
Posted 2020-02-16 12:10 PM

Thank you! We were offered a fabulous, hard to turn down deal on Stoli ??

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
TurnNBurn-3Barrels
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2020-02-18 11:27 PM

I don't want to screw up!

FNR2016 - 2020-02-14 9:09 AM

Best of luck in 2020!

He looks awesome! I've kind of steared clear of FG because I feel like they are a little finer boned and they tend to be a more "lick the paint"/wrap style turn. I'm no pro for sure and could be totally wrong, but that is what I've seen. They're super nice but don't speak to my heart. We actually have a mare who is out of my BB mare x a FG stud and she's a witch LOL. Also super ratey and tended to get on the barrels. I'd rather have to sit hard than hustle hard (: 

Katie also stands TKW Runaway Fame. I would give a kidney or someother important organ to own one of his progeny. I'd love to breed him to my Driftwood/Sunfrost type mare. He's a Dash Ta Fame x an Ocean Runaway Daughter. I understand he's less proven so maybe not this go around, but if you somehow end up able to try for another after this next one, look into TKW Runaway Fame

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
casualdust07
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2020-02-19 3:16 PM

You get what you give

Best of luck in 2020!

First Down French is my fave. I love him so much!! 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Jump to page :
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

© Copyright 2002- BarrelHorseWorld.com All rights reserved including digital rights

Support - Contact / Log in to my account

Working Truck World Working Horse World Cargo Trailer World Horse Trailer World Roping Horse World
'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software