Come on in Folks on-line

Today is

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.

Idea's to share for all of us to help us stay safe

Jump to page :
Last activity 2020-03-25 10:22 AM
14 replies, 645 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh

okhorselover
Reg. Feb 2016
Posted 2020-03-23 9:35 AM
Subject: Idea's to share for all of us to help us stay safe

Extreme Veteran

I wanted to share my idea & thought this would be a good thing to start . We all can help each other with different idea's of things we can do to protect ourselves. Most of us horse people have latex gloves. I bundled some up & put them in a ziplock bag to keep in our cars & truck. So if we need to get gas, we can use the gloves & after we are done pumping gas, just take them off & throw them in the trash. Lets hear your idea's. We can all use any idea's to keep safe. God Bless us all & our country & our president.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2020-03-23 10:59 AM
Subject: RE: Idea's to share for all of us to help us stay safe

Military family

Never miss a good chance to shut up.

Can you reuse gloves?  

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
okhorselover
Reg. Feb 2016
Posted 2020-03-23 11:03 AM

Extreme Veteran

DaveM - 2020-03-23 10:59 AM

Can you reuse gloves?  

Personally I wouldn't. Atleast not the ones I would wear if I were pumping gas. Don't know who used that pump before you did. Latex gloves are cheap, atleast they were. I guess if you wanted to re use them you could depending on why you were using them in the first place. I have reused them, but that was before this outbreak happened 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Frodo
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2020-03-23 12:03 PM

"Heck's Coming With Me"

For your own good mental health don't panic.  Mary, the empty shelves you saw weren't because of a food shortage or the necessities.  It's because of hoarding plus the fact that folks can't eat out like they were (I'm actually cooking now) and the kids aren't eating at school.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
1DSoon
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2020-03-23 12:12 PM

I've gone about my days living like I don't live in a 3rd world country and low and behold, I have not got chinkiepox 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
okhorselover
Reg. Feb 2016
Posted 2020-03-23 5:04 PM

Extreme Veteran

Frodo - 2020-03-23 12:03 PM

For your own good mental health don't panic.  Mary, the empty shelves you saw weren't because of a food shortage or the necessities.  It's because of hoarding plus the fact that folks can't eat out like they were (I'm actually cooking now) and the kids aren't eating at school.

Oh I know empty shelves are hoarding. I'm not panicing but I'm caucious & I'm not afraid to admit, I am scared. I am taking all this seriously. I have 41% lung function because of c.o.p.d. I have days it's not very pretty. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
jake16
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2020-03-23 6:01 PM

Go Get Em!

I like this post,and  your idea of the gloves when fueling:)Im using small amounts of bleach when doing dishes and mopping.I washed down my walls with alittle added into soapy water as well.Doing my spring cleaning with all this time indoors.Im hoping more people share ideas,good post.

Edited by jake16 2020-03-23 6:02 PM
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
needmocash
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2020-03-24 2:34 PM

I use paper towels to touch anything.  Single use then throw away.  Have several in my pockets

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
want2chase3
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2020-03-24 5:13 PM

Warrior Mom

If you are in need of hand sanitizer, hydrogen peroxide,  isopropyl alcohol or disposable gloves and are having a difficult time finding it check ultra cruz online or Santa Cruz animal health... they have it in stock and prices are the same as they were.  Maybe a little longer shipping time than usual but it's there. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
mreklaw
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2020-03-24 5:53 PM

I Am a Snake Killer

I also use gloves if using ATM and use pen to punch buttons on checkout at grocery store.  Actually trying not to use cash.  Punch elevator buttons with keys (work in medical building so I have always done this).  If you go to someplace with waiting room don't pick up magazines (we removed all of them from ours). Take shoes off at back door.  

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
brlracerchick
Reg. Jun 2010
Posted 2020-03-24 7:09 PM

Thick and Wavy

Just a note about gloves, don't wear them, then touch everything, then touch your faces then touch some more stuff lol. Literally saw a lady at Walmart when all this just started doing that, 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
streakysox
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2020-03-24 9:56 PM

Take a Picture

Make sure that you have a good diet. I was really afraid of the flu back in January so I stocked up on the things I normally eat. Since I have a couple of health issues I have to eat right. Make sure that you eat from all the food groups, avoid things that have "empty" calories like candy bars or ice cream. I understand that we all need a treat once in awhile but don't make a steady diet of these. 
A good multivitamin like one from GNC is good.  Vitamin C helps build resistance but too much of it will make your joints hurt. Zinc is also good for building your immune system.  Take as directed more is not necessarily better!  Nothing replaces a good diet. 
Arrange your trips so that you can stay at home. Don't hoard TP!  Check on any older people in your neighborhood. They may not have anyone to check on them or run errands.  I don't and I know I am not the only person in those circumstances. Say your prayers and be sure that you thank God for his blessings. Today we had sunshine for the first time in at least two weeks. It was nice. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Palopony
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2020-03-24 10:10 PM

Ms. Dr. Phil

brlracerchick - 2020-03-24 8:09 PM

Just a note about gloves, don't wear them, then touch everything, then touch your faces then touch some more stuff lol. Literally saw a lady at Walmart when all this just started doing that, 

I will just have to stay home, unless I get an ecollar like the dogs wear. I never noticed how much I touch my face, glasses, bangs.  I just think we are very lucky to be horse people. Who has 8 bottles of alcohol, peroxide, iodine wash and usually gloves, just laying around?

I must confess I buy vitamins all the time and never take them since March 1st I have been a pill poppin fool.

Edited by Palopony 2020-03-24 10:12 PM
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
kwanatha
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2020-03-25 9:48 AM

Meanest Teacher!!!

I keep bleach water spray bottle by the door. I spray any packages that arrive and kick them aside and don't open till later     I keep Clorox wipes in a baggie so I can wipe down gas pump handle and key pads door handles etc.  I must my face with ionic silver before going into the store and after.  I haven't been to a store for over a week though. I keep gloves and hand sanitizer and also Lysol with me. I have lung issues I can't get this 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
KindaClassey
Reg. Sep 2011
Posted 2020-03-25 10:22 AM

Extreme Veteran

Palopony - 2020-03-24 10:10 PM

brlracerchick - 2020-03-24 8:09 PM

I will just have to stay home, unless I get an ecollar like the dogs wear. I never noticed how much I touch my face, glasses, bangs.  I just think we are very lucky to be horse people. Who has 8 bottles of alcohol, peroxide, iodine wash and usually gloves, just laying around?

I must confess I buy vitamins all the time and never take them since March 1st I have been a pill poppin fool.

This! I NEVER realized how much I touched my face or put things in my mouth like pens and paperclips while doing paperwork. My husband no longer scoffs at the medical supplies I had on hand for the horses. We are definitly stocked with alcohol, betadine and gloves. Along with plenty of ACE or other pharmacuticals  to take the edge off the hysteria. I'll do my part by staying home, and am very grateful to be country person that already had the freezer and pantry stocked. The hubby also says he'll never fuss again about how the canning supplies take over the kitchen when the garden is producing. I'm lucky enough to work from home in a job that is considered ag excempt. It would be scary as heck to be on the front lines of this.

I'm keeping gloves in the truck for gas stations and alcohol wipes in a ziplock. Trips to the store are kept to a minimum. Lots more barn time than people time. The husband says I've been preparing for this my whole life. If it wasn't for the scary, pandimic virus part - I'd be in social distiancing heaven.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Jump to page :
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

© Copyright 2002- BarrelHorseWorld.com All rights reserved including digital rights

Support - Contact / Log in to my account

Working Truck World Working Horse World Cargo Trailer World Horse Trailer World Roping Horse World
'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software