Come on in Folks on-line

Today is

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.

Tammy Fisher Treeless and Soreness

Jump to page :
Last activity 2020-07-03 7:59 AM
6 replies, 349 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh

FloridaPriss
Reg. Oct 2011
Posted 2020-06-30 7:25 AM
Subject: Tammy Fisher Treeless and Soreness

Good Morning! I am hoping someone has some experience with what I am having issues with.

So I have a 4 year old that I have been riding in this saddle for about a year and a half now, she was also in one when the trainer broke her and put 60 days on her, and had no soreness issues at all. 

I was using the reinsman treeless pad during this time when she was not sore. I switched to using a 5star and best ever pads in February and started having muscle soreness about 6" behind her shoulders and muscle tightness on the left side of her neck only. She was also cinchy during this time, so I treated her for 28 days for ulcers and she is on a daily prevenitive. She was still slighty cinchy still after treatment so I switched her out of the shoulder relief cinch and all cinch issues have been resolved.

I had the vet out last week thinking the muscle soreness was being cause by her front feet possibly and needing shoes. She said her feet are perfect and believes it is my saddle causing the issue. I love my saddle and hate to think of getting rid of it and going back to a treed saddle especially when she is still growing and all of the saddle fit issues that go with that. 

I have been treating her soreness daily and rode yesterday with using my reinsman treeless pad. I am going back and forth with myself if I should continue to use the Tammy and my reinsman pad combo and give it some time to see if it improves or if I should start the hunt for a treed saddle. 

I guess my question is has anyone had any soreness issues with their Tammy Fisher treeless saddles?

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
readytorodeo
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2020-07-01 6:12 AM
Subject: RE: Tammy Fisher Treeless and Soreness

Expert

Sports saddles can cause soreness if rode in everyday.  I have a Corriente that I ride in but run in a treeless. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2020-07-01 9:34 AM

A Somebody to Everybody

FloridaPriss - 2020-06-30 7:25 AM

Good Morning! I am hoping someone has some experience with what I am having issues with.

So I have a 4 year old that I have been riding in this saddle for about a year and a half now, she was also in one when the trainer broke her and put 60 days on her, and had no soreness issues at all. 

I was using the reinsman treeless pad during this time when she was not sore. I switched to using a 5star and best ever pads in February and started having muscle soreness about 6" behind her shoulders and muscle tightness on the left side of her neck only. She was also cinchy during this time, so I treated her for 28 days for ulcers and she is on a daily prevenitive. She was still slighty cinchy still after treatment so I switched her out of the shoulder relief cinch and all cinch issues have been resolved.

I had the vet out last week thinking the muscle soreness was being cause by her front feet possibly and needing shoes. She said her feet are perfect and believes it is my saddle causing the issue. I love my saddle and hate to think of getting rid of it and going back to a treed saddle especially when she is still growing and all of the saddle fit issues that go with that. 

I have been treating her soreness daily and rode yesterday with using my reinsman treeless pad. I am going back and forth with myself if I should continue to use the Tammy and my reinsman pad combo and give it some time to see if it improves or if I should start the hunt for a treed saddle. 

I guess my question is has anyone had any soreness issues with their Tammy Fisher treeless saddles?

You're not the first that has posted a question about Tammy fisher treeless making a horses back sore, but alot of saddles will sore up a back if the saddle is not a good fit. But since theres no support in a treeless saddle I can see where it would cause a sore back if the treeless is the main saddle. I would give her a break and use a treed saddle for a few months and see if this will help with the sore back issue.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
run n rate
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2020-07-01 10:54 AM

Balance Beam and more...

I ride in a treeless saddle, only started doing so mid-last summer as my issues with my gelding turned out to be saddle fit. Long story short, after finding the issue and trying to pad my tree'd saddle to fit and being frustrated I got a Tammy Fisher saddle. His times dropped about .3-.5 immediately.  I do not however not go with the thin type pad that is "recommended"  with it.  Originally because I was dealing with a sway back issue, and therefore a bridging issue I used the shim pad under the treeless.  I want something that has spine rellief since the saddle itself doesn't and wither relief because the saddle I ended up getting was not a peaked one.  Fast forward to this spring...my geldings sway back is almost gone as is the little "ewe" neck that had started right in front of his withers about 2 inches up his neck.  

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
allaboutme2
Reg. Aug 2014
Posted 2020-07-01 9:27 PM

Veteran

Flip your Tammy over.  If you feel the bottom, you may find what I found on the one I had. Where the pommel comes to the seat, it felt like a softball.  It caused a lot of problems for our horse because it put a fist size pressure point just below the withers.  He started running up the fence so we started looking into issues.  We found that. Sold the saddle and he stopped running up the fence.  Good luck! 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
graceofahorse
Reg. Dec 2010
Posted 2020-07-02 3:02 PM

Treeless saddles have been known to cause muscle atrophy in many cases. I used to ride in one as well - and liked it - but in the end  i did not feel it was the right choice for my equine athlete. I also noticed that my seat and balance had decreased when riding in one long term. It took some time to gain that back after returning to a treed sadddle.

If you are using it, please use a pad with more structure that brings the weight off their spine (CSI is the best choice in my opinion) pads like 5 star are wonderful pads and they are what I use, however I dont think they are beneficial in the case of a treeless.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
emricmacy
Reg. Sep 2016
Posted 2020-07-03 7:59 AM

Elite Veteran

I used to always use a five star pad with my Tammy. My trainer told me to buy an impact gel pad and I absolutely love it! I posted on here a couple weeks ago with pictures of bumps along my horses spine and they are 99% gone since using the impact gel pad! Wish I had bought it sooner.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Jump to page :
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

© Copyright 2002- BarrelHorseWorld.com All rights reserved including digital rights

Support - Contact / Log in to my account

Working Truck World Working Horse World Cargo Trailer World Horse Trailer World Roping Horse World
'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software