Come on in Folks on-line

Today is

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.

bye bye coke and macdonald

Jump to page :
Last activity 2021-02-23 1:32 PM
13 replies, 882 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh

vjls
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2021-02-22 6:27 AM
Subject: bye bye coke and macdonald

Miracle in the Making

just hire qualified people   they are alreaady plenty of laws in place  i see major lawsuits over this

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
want2chase3
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2021-02-22 7:51 AM
Subject: RE: bye bye coke and macdonald

Warrior Mom

What did I miss??

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Nateracer
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2021-02-22 8:17 AM

Miss Laundry Misshap

want2chase3 - 2021-02-22 7:51 AM

What did I miss??

IDK about MickeyD's but Coke wants people who have less white priviledge, or think less white, or something along that line. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2021-02-22 8:41 AM

A Somebody to Everybody

What did I miss??

I must have miss this too, I have no clue about coke or McDdonalds

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Nateracer
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2021-02-22 9:17 AM

Miss Laundry Misshap

Southtxponygirl - 2021-02-22 8:41 AM

What did I miss??

Yeah, they want people to be less white. 

https://www.newsweek.com/coca-cola-facing-backlash-says-less-white-learning-plan-was-about-workplace-inclusion-1570875

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
texpat
Reg. Jun 2013
Posted 2021-02-22 9:26 AM

Veteran

...as if I needed an excuse not to poison myself.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Dandy Girl
Reg. Dec 2008
Posted 2021-02-22 10:51 AM

Regular

Agreed.   Not that I consumed much of it anyways but keep it going big corps!   Let's see who is America First.  Showing their true colors.  

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
fulltiltfilly
Reg. Dec 2008
Posted 2021-02-22 10:58 AM

I hate cooking and cleaning

Nateracer - 2021-02-22 10:17 AM

What did I miss??

https://www.newsweek.com/coca-cola-facing-backlash-says-less-white-learning-plan-was-about-workplace-inclusion-1570875

Wow that is unbelievable. Well maybe not considering the things that go on today.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
KindaClassey
Reg. Sep 2011
Posted 2021-02-22 12:13 PM

Extreme Veteran

Nateracer - 2021-02-22 9:17 AM

What did I miss??

HOLY F*****G S**t..... Even I can't be diplomatic about this! When is it finally going to be too far??????

Edited by KindaClassey 2021-02-23 11:39 AM
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
foundation horse
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2021-02-22 12:45 PM

Military family

Semper Fi

An alternative to Coca Cola is 'Dublin' Dr. Pepper. It is the equivalant to the 'Mexican' Cokes, which both use Cane Sugar for sweeteners...............

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
vjls
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2021-02-22 4:31 PM

Miracle in the Making

dang it i can not copy paste

i drink coke with rum  i \\

i have not ate mickey d in 40 years   but,,,,

go google  it mc donald  and excutive  bonus

McDonald's executives find themselves in a fix after the fast food giant announced that they wouldn't be getting their complete bonuses if they fail to hire more minorities in senior leadership roles in accordance with new company policy. 

McDonald's, apart from its mission to achieve 'Gender parity' by 2030, said "it expects to increase the representation of historically underrepresented groups in leadership roles (Senior Director and above) located in the U.S. to 35%" and "to increase the representation of women in leadership roles globally (Senior Director and above) to 45%" by 2025. The policy also added that 15% of senior executive vice presidents' bonuses will be tied to "quantitative human capital management-related metrics".

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
KindaClassey
Reg. Sep 2011
Posted 2021-02-23 1:01 PM

Extreme Veteran

If Bear,  Foundation Horse, or anybody else that suspected I might have been a closet liberal trying to seem conservative had actually seen my phyiscal response to reading about this - They would have fewer suspicions. I was soooooo ****ed. and I stewed and stewed about it. Several friends have commented about my reaction when we talked about it. Very few people except immediate family have ever seem me with my trigger actually being tripped. I'll be vocal and firm in my beliefs- but not in a ****ed off way. I"M ****ED!!!!! I guess I finally found my line in the sand. It wasn't transdender athletes, voting fraud, or witch hunt, sham impeachments that did it......I could always manage to see that there could possibly be another side to the story.....But the the audacity of "be less white"..... Who the h*ll do they think they are???? I'm still seeing red.

Anybody out there work in HR?? Can you explain this to me.....If a company wants to be more fair about their hiring process and insure that they hire the best canidates without any bias involved - why don't they do this?

1) set up their hiring system with the parameters where the only applications being considered is scrubbed of any indentifiable characheristics. Have the application form set up in that way - or demand that resumes are also scrubbed.      

Where the name goes - instruct applicants to pick a color and a number NOT their own NAME

NEVER ask anything that shows age or sex. List your education and where is was from - but not the years and hopefully someone didn't go to an all girls college.   List your experience only - no details that could tell anything about you except your actual experience.

2) send these "clean" applications/resumes before a committee to selects aplicants to interview. Nobody knows the individual applicants - so all they can judge by is the actual ability - not color/sex/age/race or anything like that.

3) Pick the best of the best for a committe to interview. Only then,during the interview, is the personal information known

Why would this not be the most fair??? Totally hiring by qualifications instead of anything else. And naturally the best qualified peple will be hired- no matter their color/race/sex. And naturally qualified minorities will be hired.   

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
3canstorun
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2021-02-23 1:26 PM

Hugs to You

KindaClassey - 2021-02-23 2:01 PM

If Bear,  Foundation Horse, or anybody else that suspected I might have been a closet liberal trying to seem conservative had actually seen my phyiscal response to reading about this - They would have fewer suspicions. I was soooooo ****ed. and I stewed and stewed about it. Several friends have commented about my reaction when we talked about it. Very few people except immediate family have ever seem me with my trigger actually being tripped. I'll be vocal and firm in my beliefs- but not in a ****ed off way. I"M ****ED!!!!! I guess I finally found my line in the sand. It wasn't transdender athletes, voting fraud, or witch hunt, sham impeachments that did it......I could always manage to see that there could possibly be another side to the story.....But the the audacity of "be less white"..... Who the h*ll do they think they are???? I'm still seeing red.

Anybody out there work in HR?? Can you explain this to me.....If a company wants to be more fair about their hiring process and insure that they hire the best canidates without any bias involved - why don't they do this?

1) set up their hiring system with the parameters where the only applications being considered is scrubbed of any indentifiable characheristics. Have the application form set up in that way - or demand that resumes are also scrubbed.      

Where the name goes - instruct applicants to pick a color and a number NOT their own NAME

NEVER ask anything that shows age or sex. List your education and where is was from - but not the years and hopefully someone didn't go to an all girls college.   List your experience only - no details that could tell anything about you except your actual experience.

2) send these "clean" applications/resumes before a committee to selects aplicants to interview. Nobody knows the individual applicants - so all they can judge by is the actual ability - not color/sex/age/race or anything like that.

3) Pick the best of the best for a committe to interview. Only then,during the interview, is the personal information known

Why would this not be the most fair??? Totally hiring by qualifications instead of anything else. And naturally the best qualified peple will be hired- no matter their color/race/sex. And naturally qualified minorities will be hired.   

We don't have a thing about age on our applications, except - are you 18 years or older.  We also don't ask for the dates on your high school graduation, college etc.  However, there are dates for years of employment.  Nothing else about age.  You can kinda follow that trail, however, most people don't tell the truth about their past employment.  There are obviously no questions about race. Oher than are you legally eligible for employment in the United States, there is nothing about immigration status.  Obviously, we have to have the employee fill out a I-9.  The only way I can tell, ever so slightly what race they might be is by the names.  Juan - for example is usually of Latino orgin.  Shinika is usually of Africian orgin.    

Any company who uses and asks about race or gender on an application, (I do believe) is breaking the law.  

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
luvropin
Reg. Jan 2011
Posted 2021-02-23 1:32 PM

Elite Veteran

KindaClassey - 2021-02-23 12:01 PM

Agreed.  My husband and I often wonder why applications haven't gone this way yet.  Just use SS#'s instead of gender, race, or name.  Most qualified gets the job or whatever the application is for.  Wouldn't that be the most fair way to handle things? 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Jump to page :
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

© Copyright 2002- BarrelHorseWorld.com All rights reserved including digital rights

Support - Contact / Log in to my account

Working Truck World Working Horse World Cargo Trailer World Horse Trailer World Roping Horse World
'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software