Come on in Folks on-line

Today is

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.

Sharing a post I read....

Jump to page :
Last activity 2021-02-22 5:46 PM
6 replies, 330 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh

want2chase3
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2021-02-22 11:38 AM
Subject: Sharing a post I read....

Warrior Mom

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2947219722266090&id=100009342739041

Hopefully it will open.. I'm not too tech savvy 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
foundation horse
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2021-02-22 11:54 AM
Subject: RE: Sharing a post I read....

Military family

Semper Fi

For months since the Presidential election we’ve heard talk of all those who said they’d stay home or go live off the land. Then we get a week of a winter storm and everyone cries to the high heavens for power and luxurious things the outside world and corporate America provides.
I grew up in a small town in the Rocky Mountains of Idaho. Deep snow for 6 months and subzero temperatures most folks can’t fathom. The good summers were spent preparing for winter. You cut hay and cut wood and grew gardens and fed beef and hunted in the fall. A cow elk or a doe was considered valuable cause you can’t eat antlers.
I worked for ranches and hunting guides and spent a great deal of time in the mountains.
There’s a lot of bloody work goes into killing and eating an animal. The stuff that goes on behind the doors at butcher shops that most of you don’t see.
My grandpa used to say wood has a lot of heat. It makes you sweat when you cut it, haul it, split it, stack it and burn it. Not many folks today have had the privilege of cutting their own firewood.
These fancy modern homes are not practical and built with common sense not in mind. The old timers built low ceilings and small homes for heat purposes. Same with the barns. They run less cattle because they lived on less. One phone, one television ( in later times) , one cAr and ma sewed a lotta clothes and patched britches. Back on them days holes in your jeans were earned and you still got in trouble for ripping them.
Lotta big talk and yet when it comes everyone done gone plumb nuts.
Your animals will survive because they have survival instincts God put in them. Stay out of the way of Mother Nature. Pay attention to the height of bee hives in the summer and the travel patterns of the wild animals in the fall. Pay attention to the birds migrating and the plant life.
The less wants you have the happier you’ll be. My grandparents threw away very little and bought quality not quantity. Your kids will usually do what you do so choose wisely. Going green is a horrible idea as are electric cars. A propane stove and water heater is a wise choice today. As is an insulated well house.
Keeping plenty to eat in the freezer and having a wood stove and a stack of fire wood and hay is just common sense where I come from.
Every communist country has blackouts and food and energy shortages and makes beggars out of their citizens.
Learn to be self sufficient and independent. Then you truly have freedom. Just my opinion. I’m grateful for where I grew up.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
foundation horse
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2021-02-22 11:54 AM

Military family

Semper Fi

I c&p'ed it for ya!

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
want2chase3
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2021-02-22 12:01 PM

Warrior Mom

Thank you!! I couldn't figure out to do that. This post spoke deep to me and made me realize what we need to be doing...

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
foundation horse
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2021-02-22 12:04 PM

Military family

Semper Fi

want2chase3 - 2021-02-22 1:01 PM

Thank you!! I couldn't figure out to do that. This post spoke deep to me and made me realize what we need to be doing...

On One's phone (Android) press the screen for copy then when pasting pass the screen for the paste command.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
vjls
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2021-02-22 4:48 PM

Miracle in the Making

boy hwdy on fireword  for 25 years cut and split wood   i bought myself a wood splitter for 40th birthday

we got ac and heat in the late 80  dam its nice to hit a button

i wonder about all those valuted ceiliongs and i think dan the pwer bill, but i did that  to 1 time never again

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
want2chase3
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2021-02-22 5:46 PM

Warrior Mom

vjls - 2021-02-22 4:48 PM

boy hwdy on fireword  for 25 years cut and split wood   i bought myself a wood splitter for 40th birthday

we got ac and heat in the late 80  dam its nice to hit a button

i wonder about all those valuted ceiliongs and i think dan the pwer bill, but i did that  to 1 time never again

All the downed trees around us, we are cutting up and storing for firewood.. be stupid not to. That whole scenario we just endured makes me sick to think about how dependent we truly are. I swear I couldn't sleep well last night because I kept getting up and making sure we still had power. . We may live in a trailer house yeah like my ex was making fun of, but you know what.. our pipes didn't bust under the house,  we did some smart stuff along the way and insulated our pipes before we put up the under pinning all the way around our home a few years ago. My in laws house... we've been over there most of the day cleaning up from their toilets busting inside... we had to rip out all their carpet and replace toilets and some piping ... its just crazy! They are elderly and luckily we had found them a safe place to stay during all this chaos... so they still aren't home yet. We have quite a mess still to clean up for them.  I'm proud of myself for the preparation I had with the food and wster.. I see lots of local people scrambling for just a loaf of bread right now and having to wait hours in line for water. It's sad. I don't have any need to go anywhere near a grocery store right now.  I made my boys yummy waffles this morning and of course, eggs! I've got a big ol pot of taco soup on for supper with cornbread in a skillet. All out of my well stocked pantry. We have tons of ground venison put up in or deep freeze that stayed good. Our little town Cafe finally opened up again but said they have no buns for burgers and sandwiches.. I'm glad they opened back up. We have 2 gas stations that are running pretty low on food still.. no bread, no milk ... I read Walmart had milk this morning but limited to 1 gallon per person. I also read that people are taking other people's milk out of their baskets.. my goodness... we aren't huge milk drinkers in our house but I typically have a gallon or 2 in the fridge at all times. I have 1 gallon left that's still good. That'll have to last us till things calm down. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Jump to page :
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

© Copyright 2002- BarrelHorseWorld.com All rights reserved including digital rights

Support - Contact / Log in to my account

Working Truck World Working Horse World Cargo Trailer World Horse Trailer World Roping Horse World
'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software