Come on in Folks on-line

Today is

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.

Teton Ridge

Jump to page :
Last activity 2021-12-26 9:40 AM
70 replies, 10081 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh

want2chase3
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2021-12-01 7:00 PM
Subject: RE: Teton Ridge

Warrior Mom

I've read Lisa's and Haileys "announcement" of teaming up with this Teton Ridge deal on Facebook today. Im just going to say it... I don't like it. I cannot imagine the amount of money that's being thrown on the table for this and I'll admit I don't quite understand it or why they are building a team? Then I read they are looking into roughstock and gathering some more talent. Why? What's the goal and how is this going to benefit Teton or the team? What happens next? 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
SKM
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2021-12-01 7:36 PM

Saint Stacey

WHO IS BUYING OUR WESTERN HERITAGE?

Why must we shoot ourselves?
Article by Trent Loos - Protect The Harvest Advisory Committee Member

“Come on Pilgrim, you see what's going on here don’t ya?”
Yes, I, as much as anybody, would love to see the John Wayne era return, but if you haven’t been paying attention to the Yellowstone Fever, I think we are in trouble. Shoot at me all you want, I have not seen a single episode. It is the kind of thing I would latch onto in a heartbeat and then to make it worse they brought Buster Welch in on the first episode this season. I mean that is real stuff. So as you worry that I will rain on your parade, I feel compelled to share some facts with you about what is really going on with this fever that is sweeping the country.

Chinese Entities Are Buying US Farms and Ranches

First off, I still get calls regularly from every corner of the nation with the latest story of how their neighboring farm or ranch that just sold to the Chinese. From Georgia to Oklahoma to Vegas and the West Coast, the Chinese are buying our resources, I don’t think anybody even disputes that. Now it can be argued that new money into the U.S. economy is a healthy thing but I happen to think this is different.

So Taylor Sheridan, who did grow up on a Texas ranch, had an idea for a screenplay that he pitched to a couple different entities in Hollywood and most sent him packing. I am pretty sure that they all told him there was no room for hicks on the red carpet.

However, that is not what Paramount told him; Paramount jumped all over it. They reportedly offered Costner $500,000 per episode just to get everyone's attention and that part worked very well. Interestingly enough, major media attention was given to two different Chinese firms “infusing” $1 billion into Paramount just one year before Yellowstone was launched. For the record, those two Chinese entities are Huahua and Shanghai Film Corp.

Thomas Tull

Now let's switch gears for a moment. In 2015, a New York businessman, film maker and investor named Thomas Tull brokered a deal with Chinese billionaire Wang Jianlin's Wanda Group to sell Legendary Entertainment for $3.5 billion in cash, stock and debt. What is so interesting about this little Chinese outfit is that they just happen to own AMC theaters which include 8200 screens in 661 theaters in the US alone. Folks, China controls Hollywood.

Teton Ridge

Suddenly in 2021, the name “Teton Ridge” is popping up everywhere. Teton Ridge is owned by none other than Thomas Tull. They are reportedly telling everyone that they “fell in love with the history and heritage of the Western culture”. Let’s take a quick look at their recent partnerships and acquisitions. The American Rodeo, Cowboys and Indians magazine, Better Barrel Races, AQHA, PRCA naming rights at 2021 NFR and Run for a Million. Now the Chinese own not only Hollywood but the western culture of our nation. That must have been some great partnership right there with a feller by the name of Taylor Sheridan who is the founder of Run for a Million.

It also turns out that the most famous horse ranch in the world, 6666 Ranch, sold in 2021 to the Yellowstone Creator Group. Taylor Sheridan is the front man from the group but I see a Teton Ridge LLC corporation licensed in Weatherford, TX listed as a Foreign Entity that was just created in 2021 and one of the holdings listed is “tr6666”.

Yellowstone Forever - Another Enviornmental NGO

I have another interesting factoid about Thomas Tull and Teton Ridge. He recently donated $1 million to Yellowstone Forever. This NGO, like so many others, claims to be improving wildlife in the natural ecosystem. If you go to their website, you will see that they have programs to improve habitat for Montana wolves and cougars. In addition, they have a goal of getting bison outside the boundaries of Yellowstone National Park. In fact, as I read the language on their website it parallels that of the American Prairieland Reserve that has been consuming Montana land faster than a range fire.

Know What You Are Supporting

Folks, to be blunt, apparently that is what makes the Duttons so popular. The Chinese are preying on our history and heritage in the Western culture while they steal the land and resources right out from under us. The worst part of it is, they are doing that with hoards of people buying t-Shirts to cheer them on as if this is the John Wayne revival we have been waiting for.

I know the die hard fans of Yellowstone are not going to pay attention but I simply want to point out that once again we are our own worst enemy. Once we head down this path, how far will we get before Americans wake up and see the truth before it’s too late!

#TetonRidge #nrcha #ncha #NCHAFuturity #NRHAFuturity #betterbarrel #barrelracing #aqha #aqhaproud #foursixes #YellowstoneTV #yellowstoneseason4 #runforamillion

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
*almost there*
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2021-12-01 8:34 PM

Expert

SKM - 2021-11-29 4:24 AM

I'm skeptical. Tull sold his Legendary movie company to the second richest man in China for $3.5 billion. The Chinese have been buying up film companies left and right. Reason being is that if they control the movies, they can paint a better picture of themselves for the rest of the world to see. That was a quote from Forbes about the sale of Legendary for those of you that want to try and disprove me.

When the 6666 sold, Taylor Sheridan was the front man for an undisclosed buyer. Doesn't take a genius to figure out it's probably the Chinese. A lot of Chinese are obsessed with the Western lifestyle.

Teton Ridge are also corporate sponsors of the PRCA, PBR, AQHA, NCHA, NRCHA. The reining team they put in place is the elite of elite. The Run For A Million that Sheridan put together for the NRCHA has him competing in the non pro and Teton Ridge has horses in it. They are also buying up stallions and well known mares. If you think the sale of the BBR to them is going to benefit 5D Betty Barrel Racer, you're probably in for a rude awakening. 

My concern is that if this Western Lifestyle house of cards they're building comes toppling down, the impact on so many will be huge. You should ALWAYS look a gift horse in the mouth. You might decide to take that sucker home, but you'd better be fully aware of the maintenance required to keep it going down the road.

Thank you for saying what I couldn't find the words to say

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
want2chase3
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2021-12-01 9:25 PM

Warrior Mom

Just saw this on her Facebook page 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
fulltiltfilly
Reg. Dec 2008
Posted 2021-12-02 6:32 AM

I hate cooking and cleaning

Who and/or what is Teton Ridge..??

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
want2chase3
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2021-12-02 7:07 AM

Warrior Mom

fulltiltfilly - 2021-12-02 6:32 AM

Who and/or what is Teton Ridge..??

That's a very good question!

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Mighty Broke
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2021-12-02 8:06 AM

Guys Just Wanna Have Fun

We are from the Pittsburgh area and know people that work for him. He has a big farm outside of Pittsburgh---they have a ton of dairy cattle they milk to make some AWESOME ice cream. Last year when the pandemic was going on, he had a ton of ice cream that he needed to get rid of---he supplies it for the Pirates, Steelers, and Penguins games--no games, so tons of ice cream. He donated it to us for our charity fundraiser barrel race that we have for Dreaming Of Three to sell ot give away---whatever we wanted. We did not realize the amout he was talking---he sent down a BIG refrigerated truck with portable coolers and set them up everywhere---it was something like 1700 half gallons---a whole bunch of quarts and I think 100 5 gallon buckets of ice cream. He has shows at his farm and honestly---I think he loves the western lifestyle and wants to be involved. Hopefully I am right.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
cranky B4 10am
Reg. Dec 2009
Posted 2021-12-02 9:53 AM

Military family

Witty Enough

I have no idea what will happen, and if this is a good thing or bad... but they have roped in some big guns... 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
okhorselover
Reg. Feb 2016
Posted 2021-12-02 10:03 AM

Elite Veteran

I read this morning that teton ridge tried to buy pink buckle & pink buckle said no way buzz off. Good job p.b. JMHO I believe china is involved which makes me sick. They are trying to take over our country & have been for quite a while. In Okla they are buying up land for pot farms. We have 104 acres & this company in tx, we believe is china backed keeps contacting us to buy our land. No Way !!  I hate china. They have done enough damage to our country. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2021-12-02 10:57 AM

A Somebody to Everybody

I just hope that the Fort Worth Stockyards dont fall under this Teton Ridge Spell.. 

Teton Ridge does raise eye brows over how fast he is moving in on the western Lifestyle, Everything he is buying up is happening so fast, its all been happening this year 2021, why now and why so fast! The Teton Ridge trademark Status date was on 11-12-2021,Filing Date is 2-16-2021 and now all the buying up of everything Horses,ranchs, sports thats all about rodeo and ranching! This is really fast to fast, so why so fast? I just pray this man dont buy up Texas and sell us off. After looking him up and reading on his dealings I'm getting a bit more worried at what his intentions could really be. 

I think we have the right to be worried, after this year of everything tanking having this new President in charge there should be alot to be concerned about. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
want2chase3
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2021-12-02 11:12 AM

Warrior Mom

Yes, why now and why the fire under their butt to buy it all and secure the contacts with the elites of the sports, equine and human? Why? If it doesn't make you want to question it,.... or just automatically think oh ANY  growth for our sport or lifestyle is welcomed and should be embraced, because I've seen plenty of people say that, people I use to respect and look up to... supporting this and getting upset with those who are saying ... hey wait a minute,  what's the story here, why the sudden interest and what impact is this going to have on the regular folk ... basically being told to hush up you don't understand you don't run for that kind of money so you don't count and you are paranoid ... growth is good ... blah blah.. sorry .. I totally disagree and I'm not just jumping on some bandwagon... I'd say they are the ones jumping on a bandwagon following a dollar on a fishing line ....  

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Palopony
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2021-12-02 11:22 AM

Ms. Dr. Phil

I have no idea what is going on or who to support over this deal.

I do however have a question for you all.

Would you rather he spend his money going to space?or

It sure makes for interesting reading & watching.  

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
want2chase3
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2021-12-02 12:17 PM

Warrior Mom

Palopony - 2021-12-02 11:22 AM

I have no idea what is going on or who to support over this deal.

I do however have a question for you all.

Would you rather he spend his money going to space?or

It sure makes for interesting reading & watching.  

Definitely space lol!

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
okhorselover
Reg. Feb 2016
Posted 2021-12-02 7:23 PM

Elite Veteran

Just something to think about. China, Russia & other foreign countries have been buying up stuff for a long time now. I am a born & raised californian. In the late 70's all of a sudden people from vietnam started moving into Garden Grove where I am from. They slowly started buying up buisness's & if a buisness owner didn't want to sell, they made life very hard for them. By the early 80's the once owned buisness's I grew up with were all oriental & so were their buisness signs. The city of Garden Grove told them they had to put english on their signs along with their writting & they basically told the city where to stick it. They never changed their signs. As time went on, things got worse. I had a oriental guy spit at me at a gas station cause I was a white girl. Bob & I got married in 1987 & moved to okla. We couldn't stand Calif anymore. We went back in 1997 to see my dad. On the 22 freeway which was the garden grove freeway, there was a sign that read, Little Siegon next exit. So now what was garden grove is now little siegon or however you spell it. We were sick seeing this & have never been back to orange county or garden grove since & we never will. Oh & the buisness signs were still in orintal writting So I'm not surprised that china, etc is buying up what they can because they hate the USA & want to take it over. I think this has been their plan for a long time & biden is feeding them to do it. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
okhorselover
Reg. Feb 2016
Posted 2021-12-02 7:29 PM

Elite Veteran

This is scary. I just googled teton ridge. Teton Ridge Ranch accommodates no more people than can fit in its horse-drawn sleigh: 14. Typically, however, no more than 10 at a time enjoy this Tetonia, Idaho, retreat, which is said to be owned by Microsoft billionaire Paul Allen (though ranch officials decline to comment on their boss' identity).Mar 1, 2004

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Mighty Broke
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2021-12-03 8:44 AM

Guys Just Wanna Have Fun

okhorselover - 2021-12-02 8:29 PM

This is scary. I just googled teton ridge. Teton Ridge Ranch accommodates no more people than can fit in its horse-drawn sleigh: 14. Typically, however, no more than 10 at a time enjoy this Tetonia, Idaho, retreat, which is said to be owned by Microsoft billionaire Paul Allen (though ranch officials decline to comment on their boss' identity).Mar 1, 2004

Thomas Tull owns Teton Ridge---google him. He is an amazing story, he is NOT CHINA. He sold a production company years ago to a China entity and now says that the China he dealt with back then is not the China we are dealing with now and he sees China as the biggest threat to America. People are complaining about him donating to Democrats---Trump did the same thing when in the business world. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Mighty Broke
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2021-12-03 8:49 AM

Guys Just Wanna Have Fun

Mighty Broke - 2021-12-03 9:44 AM

Thomas Tull owns Teton Ridge---google him. He is an amazing story, he is NOT CHINA. He sold a production company years ago to a China entity and now says that the China he dealt with back then is not the China we are dealing with now and he sees China as the biggest threat to America. People are complaining about him donating to Democrats---Trump did the same thing when in the business world. 

Fuethermore---do we really think Sherri and Hailey would be involved with anything shady ? Both have really good advisors and neither need the money, I dang sure know that Mel would not be on board with it if he didn't think it was a good thing.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
SKM
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2021-12-03 10:34 AM

Saint Stacey

Mighty Broke - 2021-12-03 7:49 AM

Fuethermore---do we really think Sherri and Hailey would be involved with anything shady ? Both have really good advisors and neither need the money, I dang sure know that Mel would not be on board with it if he didn't think it was a good thing.

What might be good for wealthy people might not be good for the industry (and the little guy) as a whole. Time will tell.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2021-12-03 10:38 AM

A Somebody to Everybody

Mighty Broke - 2021-12-03 8:49 AM

Money Talks to anybody even if they need it or dont, money is a very powerful tool and really it can either hurt you or make you.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
okhorselover
Reg. Feb 2016
Posted 2021-12-03 10:51 AM

Elite Veteran

Mighty Broke - 2021-12-03 8:44 AM

I know Mel well enough to know he wouldn't approve of a bad deal. I'll wait & see what happens. Alot of crap going on in this world today. My question again, why be buying up horse industries ? To better the western way of life ??  It's fine the way it is. And no Sherry would never be involved in anything bad but people can be known to be deseiving. 

Edited by okhorselover 2021-12-03 12:31 PM
↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Jump to page :
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

© Copyright 2002- BarrelHorseWorld.com All rights reserved including digital rights

Support - Contact / Log in to my account

Working Truck World Working Horse World Cargo Trailer World Horse Trailer World Roping Horse World
'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2022 PD9 Software