Come on in Folks on-line

Today is

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.

Dear People,

Jump to page :
Last activity 2022-08-11 12:14 PM
27 replies, 2852 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Barrel Talk
Refresh

Frodo
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2022-07-29 11:10 AM
Subject: RE: Dear People,

"Heck's Coming With Me"

SmokinBandits - 2022-07-28 4:42 PM

Bear - 2022-07-21 11:45 AM

SmokinBandits - 2022-07-15 8:15 PM

I think it's because of the politics. I'm even afraid to say that, lol. I stopped coming regularly because everyone was at everyone's throats. People DO spend a lot of time on Facebook but it's hard to have indepth conversations like we used to have here. I really miss the old Barrel Horse World. I wish the moderators would ban political and religious threads and let's just talk horse. I see a while back a different category was created for this reason but obviously that didn't work. I come on once in a while and hope that maybe someday it will get active again. 

I see it differently.  It's not because of "politics".  Scroll down the list of threads.  What percent of them are political?  
Most people started using this forum because it was comprised of a group of people with a common passion, very similar values, and similarities in lifestyles.  "Barrel racing" was the topic that brought people here, but almost instantly we found a camaraderie that opened up a wide range of activities and discussions.  Friendships and relationships began here.  Families began here.  Help for people in need began here. You get what I'm saying.  
We talked about horses, barrel racing, rodeo, ranching and farming.  We talked about business and finance.  We talked about marriage and divorce.  We talked about raising a family.  We talked about death and the loss of friends and loved ones.  We shared jokes and recipes. Basically, the topic of "barrel racing" sprouted into talking about our lives.

And yes, often, we talked about politics.  Many of us believed that political topics and political trends had a direct impact on everything we hold dear.  I don't think it's necessary to point out how political trends and politics in general can make our lives better or worse.  In my opinion, nothing has generated more spirited debate and passion than politics, because unless you live in a bubble, or choose to bury your head in the sand, politics is having a big impact on our lives, whether we like it or not.

People who can't accept or handle the truth want to isolate themselves from this reality.  They want to silence, minimize, or control political discussion.  That's why this forum has tried repeatedly over the years to find a "happy medium" by creating isolated political forums, and it has failed miserably over and over again. 

I still ride 2-3 horses a day.  I still drive a big pickup that sucks fuel like a thirsty camel. I have a few cows.  I buy feed, hay, supplements, and medicines.  I still love watching the sunsets and sunrises from my porch. I still like learning training tips.  Politics effects all these things, and we are bearing witness to the fact that our nation is in rapid decline.  All these things we love are in jeopardy.  We are looking into the abyss.  But for heaven's sake, we mustn't talk politics!  We must control the discussion and keep it limited to "the horse".

Bear, I talk plenty of politics. But I don't want to come here to do it. To each his own. I'm just saying why I stopped coming. And many of my friends. Too stressful when I want to talk about how to get my horse to bend properly around a barrel....

It was always as simple as skipping over the political topics.  

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
SmokinBandits
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2022-07-29 9:30 PM

Having Smokin Bandits

Frodo - 2022-07-29 12:10 PM

I think it's because of the politics. I'm even afraid to say that, lol. I stopped coming regularly because everyone was at everyone's throats. People DO spend a lot of time on Facebook but it's hard to have indepth conversations like we used to have here. I really miss the old Barrel Horse World. I wish the moderators would ban political and religious threads and let's just talk horse. I see a while back a different category was created for this reason but obviously that didn't work. I come on once in a while and hope that maybe someday it will get active again. 

I see it differently.  It's not because of "politics".  Scroll down the list of threads.  What percent of them are political?  
Most people started using this forum because it was comprised of a group of people with a common passion, very similar values, and similarities in lifestyles.  "Barrel racing" was the topic that brought people here, but almost instantly we found a camaraderie that opened up a wide range of activities and discussions.  Friendships and relationships began here.  Families began here.  Help for people in need began here. You get what I'm saying.  
We talked about horses, barrel racing, rodeo, ranching and farming.  We talked about business and finance.  We talked about marriage and divorce.  We talked about raising a family.  We talked about death and the loss of friends and loved ones.  We shared jokes and recipes. Basically, the topic of "barrel racing" sprouted into talking about our lives.

And yes, often, we talked about politics.  Many of us believed that political topics and political trends had a direct impact on everything we hold dear.  I don't think it's necessary to point out how political trends and politics in general can make our lives better or worse.  In my opinion, nothing has generated more spirited debate and passion than politics, because unless you live in a bubble, or choose to bury your head in the sand, politics is having a big impact on our lives, whether we like it or not.

People who can't accept or handle the truth want to isolate themselves from this reality.  They want to silence, minimize, or control political discussion.  That's why this forum has tried repeatedly over the years to find a "happy medium" by creating isolated political forums, and it has failed miserably over and over again. 

I still ride 2-3 horses a day.  I still drive a big pickup that sucks fuel like a thirsty camel. I have a few cows.  I buy feed, hay, supplements, and medicines.  I still love watching the sunsets and sunrises from my porch. I still like learning training tips.  Politics effects all these things, and we are bearing witness to the fact that our nation is in rapid decline.  All these things we love are in jeopardy.  We are looking into the abyss.  But for heaven's sake, we mustn't talk politics!  We must control the discussion and keep it limited to "the horse".

Bear, I talk plenty of politics. But I don't want to come here to do it. To each his own. I'm just saying why I stopped coming. And many of my friends. Too stressful when I want to talk about how to get my horse to bend properly around a barrel....

I know how to handle topics I don't feel like discussing on a horse board. I simply told the poster why I stopped coming regularly. That's all I'm going to say about it. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
want2chase3
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2022-07-30 8:01 AM

Warrior Mom

I still pop in several times a week to see what's going on. It has gotten a bit stagnant. But one thing I really appreciate is being able to use the search option when I want to research something. Most of the time, it's been discussed here and I prefer the opinions and experiences from folks on here rather than on Facebook. I consider this "old school" and I like old school.  

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
cavyrunsbarrels
Reg. Dec 2010
Posted 2022-07-31 7:14 PM

Red Bull Agressive

I miss it too! I haven't barrel raced in nearly 10 years but I still like to check in here from time to time. I was a stupid teenager when I started on here but everyone here felt like family. There are still people from here I chat with on facebook. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Bear
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2022-08-01 11:55 AM

BHW Resident Surgeon

Frodo - 2022-07-29 11:10 AM

Stop it!  You're making too much sense.  In the past, whenever I suggested simply skipping over political threads, if you don't like them, that just got them more agitated.

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Southtxponygirl
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2022-08-01 12:56 PM

A Somebody to Everybody

Bear - 2022-08-01 11:55 AM

Frodo - 2022-07-29 11:10 AM

Stop it!  You're making too much sense.  In the past, whenever I suggested simply skipping over political threads, if you don't like them, that just got them more agitated.

That got a giggle out of me Scott But if they dont click on to the political thread then they wont nothing to complain about. Skiping a poltical thread is easier said then done

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
winwillows
Reg. Jul 2013
Posted 2022-08-01 1:37 PM

Expert

I have always liked this site because there are true horse people here discussing real horse issues. As a horseman, and someone who has spent his whole adult life designing feeding programs for horses, this site has been very valuble to me as a place where I can see just what other horse people are having issues with. Cutting through the BS that non-horse owning marketing people blast at us every day is a mission of mine. I hope that this site continues to thrive. It is an important asset of mine to see just what serious horse owners are dealing with. 

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
chasendacash
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2022-08-11 12:14 PM

Expert

You used to have some of the best stories!  Give us one!

↑ Top ↓ Bottom
Jump to page :
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

© Copyright 2002- BarrelHorseWorld.com All rights reserved including digital rights

Support - Contact / Log in to my account

Working Truck World Working Horse World Cargo Trailer World Horse Trailer World Roping Horse World
'
Registered to: Barrel Horse World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2022 PD9 Software